Re: DXF Mesh Overlap

  • vpointfx
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
      Mike? Any thoughts on this?

      -Al

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
        Al,

        I think what you're seeing is the filling of the DXF mesh out to a
        rectangle, although I can't be sure. When you enter in lat/lon bounds
        when exporting data, the actual export bounds used are the smallest
        bounding rectangle in the current projection (i.e. sounds like UTM in
        your case) that completely contain the lat/lon bounds that you entered.
        This would result in some data outside the entered bounds being used to
        fill out the rectangle.

        Is this consistent with the overlap that you're seeing? Can you change
        the projection to Geographic and then try exporting to see if you get
        the same overlap?

        I recently ran into a problem when exporting DXF Meshes. I've
        exported several DXF Meshes (2 degree longitude x 1 degree latitude
        tiles) from a large GTOPO30 DEM that is projected in UTM. When I
        assemble the DXF tiles in AutoCAD, there is a fair amount of overlap
        between the meshes, almost as if the meshes were not properly clipped
        to the exact lat/long coordinates.

        If I export GeoTIFF tiles instead using the same clipping
        coordinates, the GeoTIFF images assemble correctly with no overlap.
        How do I avoid tile overlap with DXF meshes?

        -Al

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
          Al,

          Sorry for the delay, your message got lost in the flood of email that
          I've been getting. I have replied to your original message to the Yahoo
          group.