Re[2]: [global_mapper] Dems

  • Tim O'Donoghue
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2003
      If the need to edge-smooth the DEMs is critical or if anyone wants
      some ideas on ways to do this sort of operation, Harvey Green's pages
      on the University of Washington's site might be of interest:

      http://duff.geology.washington.edu/data/raster/index.html

      The site is also an excellent source for Washington data and more.

      From: Global Mapper Support <support@...>
      Subject: [global_mapper] Dems

      There isn't currently any way to perform edge matching or smoothing of
      DEMs in Global Mapper, although we are investigating adding some
      smoothing capabilities in a future release. The best that you can do now
      is apply an offset to loaded elevation data through the Options button
      in the Overlay Control Center.