Shading Polygons by Single Attribute

  • geobobbo
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 10, 2005
      I have been using GM 6 then 7 for about six months and love the
      program, especially for handling maps/data of differnt projections.

      However, I was wondering if there is a way in Global Mapper to
      uniquely shade polygons according to one attribute as is common in
      other GIS products? As an example, if I load a geology map, I seem to
      be limited to displaying the polygons shaded only one way, yet I would
      like to actually view the different geological units shaded (colored)
      according to one of its attributes (say geological unit). Of course I
      can change all the polygons to a single new pattern and I can also
      change indiviudal polygoins manually, but is there some way to do
      this automatically? Even ESRI free viewer has this capability and I am
      sure I am just missing something obvious.

      Thanx
      Bob S.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2005
        Bob,

        In GM7, you can use the Search->Search by Attributes menu command to search
        loaded features (like areas) on a certain attribute value, then edit all
        features matching that attribute at once to easily make them all be colored
        a certain way.