RE: [global_mapper] Combine SRTM 90 m. with SRTM-30 arc-second Bathymetry

  • Luis Florence
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2005

      The problem is that normally SRTM   90 m . do not has the water areas at 0. Then how can I put the water areas at 0 in the SRTM 90 m .??

      Thanks

      Luis

      De: global_mapper@yahoogroups.com [mailto:global_mapper@yahoogroups.com] En nombre de Global Mapper Support
      Enviado e
      l: jueves, 01 de septiembre de 2005 4:54
      Para: global_mapper@yahoogroups.com
      Asunto: RE: [global_mapper] Combine SRTM 90 m . with SRTM-30 arc-second Bathymetry

      Luis,

      If the SRTM 90m data has the water at a height of 0, you can simply load the
      SRTM-30 data, then the SRTM 90m data on top of it. Then, open the Overlay
      Control Center, select all of the SRTM 90m tiles, press Options, then press
      the Adjust Elevations button in the Options dialog and set the minimum valid
      elevation to 0.1. This should make all of the ocean samples invalid and thus
      allow the SRTM-30 data to show through.

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2005

        Luis,

        I think that the new “finished” SRTM 90m data now available at seamless.usgs.gov has flattened the water areas so they should be at a height of 0. The older “research-grade” SRTM data that was available did have lots of anomalies in water areas, making them not quite 0.

        De: global_mapper@yahoogroups.com [mailto:global_mapper@yahoogroups.com] En nombre de Global Mapper Support
        Enviado e
        l: jueves, 01 de septiembre de 2005 4:54
        Para: global_mapper@yahoogroups.com
        Asunto: RE: [global_mapper] Combine SRTM