re[2]: [global_mapper] Depths within imported grids

  • Mike Childs
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2, 2013
      Hello Mark,

      No the current method just forms a TIN (triangulation) of all of the points, then samples that. So you will tend to get something around the sample nearest the grid cell center, but interpolated with the others. Could be anywhere between the min and max. The future methods will allow more flexibility.
      If you first grid to a higher resolution you reduce the chance of multiple samples being in a grid cell, allowing later sub-sampling (including a forced box minimum) to then minimize for you. This is just a work-around for now until the smarter gridding is available for dense data sets.

      Thanks,

      Mike Childs
      Global Mapper Guru
      Blue Marble Geographics
      Parker, CO USA
      www.bluemarblegeo.com
      Email: gmsupport@...

      Global Mapper 14.1 Get it Now!
      Massive Point Cloud Support, Dongle Licensing, and Much More
      Please visit www.bluemarblegeo.com for more information
      The information in this E-mail message is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this E-mail message. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of the message promptly. Thank you.

      From: Mark Gale <markgaleth@...>
      To: global mapper <global_mapper@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 21:25:10 -0800 (PST)
      Subject: Re: [global_mapper] Depths within imported grids

      Thanks Mike, so the current default is minimum depth within each sampled grid?

      From: "markgaleth" markgaleth@...>
      To: global_mapper@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2013 03:23:27 -0000
      Subject: [global_mapper] Depths within imported grids

      Hi,

      I'm importing raw (unbinned) xyz data from a multibeam echosounder. When I specify the grid size (e.g. 0.25m), can I also specify within each 0.25m grid, whether the z value (depth) captured is "minimum" depth, average depth etc, or is that fixed at, say, minimum depth?

      Thanks,
      Mark

    • Mike Childs

        From: Mohammad Al-agha <aghaweb@...>
        To: global_mapper@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2013 13:15:21 +0300

        yeah thanks u r right ,, please are know how to use modflow ?
        or insert dem or 3d mab into modflow