Global Mapper's Own Work Directory

  • Paul Anderson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2012
      Hi,
      How can I move Global Mapper's own work directory (C:\users\usr_nam\appdata\local\temp\globalmapper) to my 3 terabyte external drive. BTW, I am using GM v13.2.0 on a Dell XPS 8300 (i7), 12 gigabytes of ram, 1 terabyte internal HD (Raid), Windows 7 Ultimate.

      Tried to export Grayson County VA mrSID files to KML/KMZ and after 2 days of number crunching the program aborted the run saying that there was not enough room for it to create the kmz file.

      Take Care,
      Paul
      ---

      - Paul B. Anderson FCCS (USN, Retired)
      Kingsport, TN native living in Norfolk, VA
      Old Dominion University GIS Teaching Assistant
      My Map Projection stuff:
      http://www.csiss.org/map-projections/index.html

    • Mike Childs
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2012
        Hello Paul,

        By default Global Mapper uses whatever you have set as your Windows temp folder (TEMP environment variable), but you can customize it just for Global Mapper by running 'regedit' and creating a string key 'TempDir' in 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Global Mapper' and setting its value to the desired temp folder path.

        Mike Childs
        Global Mapper Guru
        Blue Marble Geographics

        Parker, CO USA
        www.globalmapper.com
        Email: gmsupport@...

        Welcoming Global Mapper to our Product Line
        www.bluemarblegeo.com
        Contact Blue Marble at info@..., or call 800-616-2725/+1 (207)582-6747 for more details.
        The information in this E-mail message is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this E-mail message. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of the message promptly. Thank you.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2012
          I'm working on creating CIB for FIJI.  The coordinates are S13; E175 to S21; W175.  GM13 will display both sides of FIJI just fine, but not on the same screen.  In my programs i have a "dateline option".  I can turn it on or off.  It allows me to see both sides of the dateline, or not.  It's kind of useful. Is there anything like that in GM13?

        • Mike Childs

            From: edward ronish <edwardronish@...>
            To: "global_mapper@yahoogroups.com" <global_mapper@yahoogroups.com>
            Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 08:50:54 -0700 (PDT)