Re: [global_mapper] Scripting to output a file in text format

  • Ian Boag
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 5, 2012
      If I understand you correctly it's not even a script. Select the points you
      want to export and just export the vector data as a CSV. The easiest way to
      do the selection is to turn off the layers you don't want to export, select
      everything that is visible and export as a CSV ...

      On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Carl <carllingard@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hi, would it be possible to create a GM script that writes a text file
      > containing information about all point/text feature attributes? I need a
      > script that will write out the names, locations, font size for all place
      > names in a workspace. That will in turn be used by another program.
      >
      > Carl

    • Mike Childs
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 5, 2012
        Hello Ian,

        Yes the existing File->Export Vector Data with CSV or Simple ASCII Text export would work, or use the EXPORT_VECTOR command from a script.

        Thanks,

        Mike Childs
        Global Mapper Guru
        Blue Marble Geographics

        Parker, CO USA
        www.globalmapper.com
        Email: gmsupport@...

        Welcoming Global Mapper to our Product Line
        www.bluemarblegeo.com
        Contact Blue Marble at info@..., or call 800-616-2725/+1 (207)582-6747 for more details.
        The information in this E-mail message is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this E-mail message. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of the message promptly. Thank you.

        From: Ian Boag <ian.boag@...>
        To: global_mapper@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 18:23:06 +1300
        Subject: Re: [global_mapper] Scripting to output a file in text format

        If I understand you correctly it's not even a script. Select the points you
        want to export and just export the vector data as a CSV. The easiest way to
        do the selection is to turn off the layers you don't want to export, select
        everything that is visible and export as a CSV ...

        On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Carl <carllingard@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hi, would it be possible to create a GM script that writes a text file
        > containing information about all point/text feature attributes? I need a
        > script that will write out the names, locations, font size for all place
        > names in a workspace. That will in turn be used by another program.
        >
        > Carl

      • Ian Boag
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 5, 2012
          Oops. Sorry Mike. I thought that was a one-to-one to me ... didn't look at
          "from". Why should I try to do your job when you do it so much better :-)

          On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Mike Childs <gmsupport@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Hello Ian,
          >
          > Yes the existing File->Export Vector Data with CSV or Simple ASCII Text
          > export would work, or use the EXPORT_VECTOR command from a script.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Mike Childs
          > Global Mapper Guru
          > Blue Marble Geographics
          >
          > Parker, CO USA
          > www.globalmapper.com
          > Email: gmsupport@...
          >
          > Welcoming Global Mapper to our Product Line
          > www.bluemarblegeo.com
          > Contact Blue Marble at info@..., or call 800-616-2725/+1
          > (207)582-6747 for more details.
          > The information in this E-mail message is legally privileged and
          > confidential information intended only for the use of the individual(s)
          > named above. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended
          > recipient, you are hereby notified that you should not further disseminate,
          > distribute, or forward this E-mail message. If you have received this
          > E-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of the
          > message promptly. Thank you.

        • Carl
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 6, 2012
            Thanks Ian and Mike :) I've learned something new there.

            Carl

            --- In global_mapper@yahoogroups.com, Ian Boag <ian.boag@...> wrote:

            > If I understand you correctly it's not even a script. Select the points you
            > want to export and just export the vector data as a CSV. The easiest way to
            > do the selection is to turn off the layers you don't want to export, select
            > everything that is visible and export as a CSV ...
            >
            > On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Carl <carllingard@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Hi, would it be possible to create a GM script that writes a text file
            > > containing information about all point/text feature attributes? I need a
            > > script that will write out the names, locations, font size for all place
            > > names in a workspace. That will in turn be used by another program.
            > >
            > > Carl

          • Carl
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 6, 2012
              Is it possible to include the rotation info in any of the output options you mentioned?

            • Carl
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 6, 2012
                Oops sorry guys. It appears to be in the ASCII :)

                Carl