re: [global_mapper] Difficulty installing latest version of GM

  • Mike Childs
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 21, 2012
      Hello Ed,

      It sounds like you are trying to run the latest build from a .zip file but it's not a full installer. You have to extract the contents of the latest build .zip files over your existing v13 installations in the appropriate Program Files folder.

      Mike Childs
      Global Mapper Guru
      Blue Marble Geographics

      Parker, CO USA
      www.globalmapper.com
      Email: gmsupport@...

      Welcoming Global Mapper to our Product Line
      www.bluemarblegeo.com
      Contact Blue Marble at info@..., or call 800-616-2725/+1 (207)582-6747 for more details.
      The information in this E-mail message is legally privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this E-mail message. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of the message promptly. Thank you.

      From: "Ed Hicks" <edhicks@...>
      To: <global_mapper@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 22:58:39 -0500
      Subject: [global_mapper] Difficulty installing latest version of GM

      Mike,

      When I try to install this new version I keep getting the following error
      and tells me I should reinstall GM

      ITi.dskl.dll

      Thanks.

      Ed Hicks
      Orienteering Unlimited
      3 Jan Ridge Rd
      Somers, NY 10589
      (914) 248-5957
      www.orienteeringunlimited.com

      From: "cowell.david@..." <cowell.david@...>
      To: global_mapper@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 17:28:53 -0000

      Hi,

      I'm new to GlobalMapper, so please forgive my ignorance for what I'm sure is
      a very simple problem.

      I have a satellite image from WorldImagery loaded in my GM workspace, but
      when I try to export it to my hard disk, it doesn't save anything useful,
      despite taking it's time and showing the "Exporting.." progress bar for a
      while. I've tried different formats, with slightly different results, but
      all are unsuccessful. With JPG it doesn't actually create a file at all,
      whereas with GeoTIFF or BMP it saves a file which just contains the beige
      default background colour in GM.

      I'm running a registered free trial copy of GM13, and I have the correct
      image layer selected and visible within the Overlay Control Center.

      I'm sure it's something dumb, but does anyone have any ideas what I might be
      doing wrong..?

      Thanks in advance!

      Dave