batch reproject - resampling

  • Hugo Ahlenius
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5, 2011
      Hi,

      In GM11 - how can I select which the resampling (bilinear/cubic/nearest)
      when doing a batch reproject? I would prefer nearest, but it seems like it
      is using one of the other two, from the looks of it!

      Thanks!

      Regards,
      Hugo

      --
      Hugo Ahlenius
      fraxinus (at-sign) oxel.net
      Message 2 of 7 , May 5, 2011
        Hugo,

        There are options labeled 'Anti-Alias Pixels (Interpolate)' and 'Never
        Anti-Alias Pixels (Interpolate)' on the batch conversion dialog. If the
        format is checked then you will get bilinear interpolation. With the latter
        you would get nearest neighbor. If neither is checked then you get the
        default for the input format, which would be bilinear interpolation for
        elevation sources and nearest neighbor for images. Note that unless you are
        resampling or reprojecting it doesn't really matter anyway as the output
        samples will line up perfectly with the input samples and no resampling
        would be needed anyway.

        Message 3 of 7 , May 6, 2011
          Global Mapper Support wrote on 2011-05-05:
          > There are options labeled 'Anti-Alias Pixels (Interpolate)' and 'Never
          > Anti-Alias Pixels (Interpolate)' on the batch conversion dialog. If the
          > format is checked then you will get bilinear interpolation. With the
          > latter you would get nearest neighbor. If neither is checked then you
          > get the default for the input format, which would be bilinear
          > interpolation for elevation sources and nearest neighbor for images.
          > Note that unless you are resampling or reprojecting it doesn't really
          > matter anyway as the output samples will line up perfectly with the
          > input samples and no resampling would be needed anyway.

          Thanks for the response - but I don't see that in GM11.02 64-bit...

          --
          Hugo Ahlenius
          fraxinus (at-sign) oxel.net
          Message 4 of 7 , May 6, 2011
            Hugo,

            Both of those options are in the checkbox list on the bottom right of the
            batch conversion dialog when exporting to a raster format, you just have to
            scroll down to find them.

            --
            Hugo Ahlenius
            fraxinus (at-sign) oxel.net

          • Hugo Ahlenius
            Message 5 of 7 , May 8, 2011
              In this list you mean? See attachments...

              Maybe I am stupid - or is there anywhere else? Does the choice of format
              have any impact - I am converting ArcInfo Ascii grids...

              /Hugo

              --
              Hugo Ahlenius
              fraxinus (at-sign) oxel.net
              Message 6 of 7 , May 8, 2011
                Hugo,

                Sorry, I assumed you were referring to an image format. The option wasn't
                there for converting to elevation formats, but I went ahead and added the
                'Never Interpolate' option to a v11 build for you. I have placed a new build
                at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11.zip with the change for you
                to try. Simply download that file and extract the contents into your
                existing v11.xx installation folder to give it a try. If you are using the
                64-bit v11 version there is a new build at
                http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper11_64bit.zip .

                --
                Hugo Ahlenius
                fraxinus (at-sign) oxel.net

              • Hugo Ahlenius
                Message 7 of 7 , May 9, 2011
                  Thanks - absolutely amazing service and support! That should speed up a
                  batch of reprojection that I have been dealing with lately.

                  It is things like this that I love with Global Mapper - other than it being
                  fast and very stable!

                  Regards,
                  Hugo

                  --