survey grid on a lake

  • Danny Geysen
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2011
      Hi,

      I have made a contour polygon of a small lake.

      Then I want to produce a survey grid of 25 m on this lake. (north-south and
      east-west)
      This survey grid shoud be converted to Lowrance LCM-format or Lowrance MP
      afterwards.

      What is the best way to do so?

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 2, 2011
        Danny,

        You can select the Digitizer Tool, then right-click and select the option to
        create a regular grid of features, then specify the start point, spacing,
        and orientation of your grid. To get the created areas out to Lowrance
        files, you will need to first convert them to lines using the Digitizer
        Tool. When prompted for attributes of the created lines, change them to
        something like 'Minor Political Boundary (County)' as that will export ok to
        a LCM file.

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2, 2011

          Is ' create regular grid of features' the exact function?
          I can't find it on GM version 11.02.

          Danny

          _____

          support@... <mailto:support%40globalmapper.com>

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2, 2011
            Danny,

            That function wasn't added until v12, so you would have to upgrade to have
            that functionality.

            From: global_mapper@yahoogroups.com <mailto:global_mapper%40yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2, 2011
              Thanks Mike,

              I upgraded to v12 and all is working just fine.

              Danny

              _____

              Van: global_mapper@yahoogroups.com <mailto:global_mapper%40yahoogroups.com>