RE: [global_mapper] Re: Trouble with hf2 export and elevation interpretation.

    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 12, 2011
      Monks,

      You would need to add the parameter ALLOW_LOSSY=NO to force lossless
      compression. I would also recommend using a high resolution elevation unit,
      like ELEV_UNITS=DECIMETERS or ELEV_UNITS=CENTIMETERS as the Global Mapper
      Grid format stores values as whole numbers in the selected elevation units
      (this is a big reason why it can compress so well).