Global Mapper v11.02 Available - Adds Legend Creation!

  • global_mapper
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2010
      Global Mapper Software LLC is pleased to announce the availability of Global Mapper v11.02 at http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper_setup_v1102.exe . Just download that file and run it to install v11.02. It will install over any existing Global Mapper v11.xx version. If you need the 64-bit version you can download and install that from http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper_setup_v1102_64bit.exe .

      Numerous significant enhancements and bug fixes have been made to Global Mapper for this release. The most significant changes are described below:

      - Added support to the Map Layout tool for automatically generating a map legend, either from the collection of loaded map features display styles or from a user-specified color palette.
      - Added 'Area Styles' tab to Options dialog for vector layers with area features allowing users to setup the styling of areas in a layer. Now users can use the default type-based styling, apply a single style to all area features in a layer, setup an attribute-based styling system that styles the areas based on the value of an attribute value or the display label, or randomly assign colors to the areas in a layer.
      - Added 'Line Styles' tab to Options dialog for vector layers with line features allowing users to setup the styling of lines in a layer. Now users can use the default type-based styling, apply a single style to all line features in a layer, setup an attribute-based styling system that styles the lines based on the value of an attribute value or the display label, or randomly assign colors to the lines in a layer.
      - Added support for resampling raster and elevation layers using bicubic interpolation or a box average of size 3x3, 4x4, or 5x5, in addition to the previously available options of nearest neighbor and bilinear interpolation. The "anti-alias" option on the Raster Options dialog has been replaced with one for selecting the sampling method to use.

      All of the other numerous changes are listed in the What's New document that is displayed during installation.

      Note that this is a free upgrade for registered users of any Global Mapper v11.xx product. Registered Global Mapper v10.xx users can purchase an upgrade for only $129 US from the Purchase page at http://www.globalmapper.com .

      Please let us know if you have any problems, questions, or comments.

    • donfriess@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2010
        This looks like the version I have been waiting for. I am using v9.03. can I download the trial version and run it along side v. 9.03 without loosing v. 9.03?