LCM files

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1 5:14 PM
      I was having problems trying to export an LCM file. I have the map looking the way I want and I export to LCM and put it into my Lowrance GPS however it doesn't look the same. I'm assuming that the Lowrance doesn't support all the line type, colors, and shapes that Global Mapper allows.

      My question is this. Is there a list of supported line, point and shapes along with colors that the Lowrance allows. I can't seem to find tha info anywhere. It's really time consuming experimenting with different ones and then putting them on the sd card and loading them into the gps.

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1 6:53 PM
        Eric,

        You are correct that the display style in Global Mapper has no effect on LCM
        exports. All that matters is the type. What there isn't currently is a good
        list of the types that map to what for LCM files, but if you stick the
        built-in types or add an MP_TYPE default attribute with a value appropriate
        for a Garmin type, then that type should be mapped to a LCM type for export.
        In particular things like water areas and lines, contours, etc. should all
        work fine.