Re: Global Mapper Generalising data on the fly?

  • vj29starheaven
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
      send me pics of that map
    • peety117
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 18, 2009
        I figured out why i thought it generalised on the Fly, the problem is in MapInfo, the 'polylines' i thought i had in my .tab file were actually arc's, when you convert an arc into a polyline in mapinfo it generalises the line to the points used to make the arc, its does not store the co-ordinate information for each node (annoying, yes i know) so when i imported the file into GM it 'Generalised' the line.

        Regards
        Peter

        --- In global_mapper@yahoogroups.com, "Global Mapper Support" <global_mapper@...> wrote:

        > That shouldn't happen. Global Mapper should keep just the coordinates from
        > the .tab file. There wouldn't be any simplification (generalization) done on
        > the fly. Can you give me an example?

        > support@...

      • peety117
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 19, 2009
          UPDATE:

          MapInfo only generalises Arcs if you combine them with polylines, in MapInfo if you select an arc and go to Tools -> Convert to polyline, it retains a nice arc and does not generalise the line.

          R.
          Peter