WMS Layers

  • greina1
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2009

      I saved some WMS Data Layers in my GM installation.

      Now I want to look for additional data layers from a specific source I
      saved some time ago. But GM only shows me the available layers of the
      WMS source which I saved last.

      In other words: Whatever data source I select, I am not able to see its
      list of layers.
      ??

      Greina
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2009
        Greina,

        I'm not sure I fully understand what you are referring to? Are you trying to
        add a new data source and not seeing the list of layers that you expect?
        Note that any source that you add will only refer to what you selected when
        you added, but if you go to add a new WMS source you should see the full
        list of available layers for that source.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2009

          That is not what I meant.

          Let me tell you step by step what I am looking for.

          1)
          I add a new data source and click "Get List of available layers"
          I select one specific layer.

          2)
          Some times later a do the same with another data source: I add another
          data source and select one of those layers.

          And now comes my problem:

          3)
          I want to see again the choice of layers from the data source I added at
          first. But I do not know any more its WMS address. So I have to open the
          GM file
          wms_user_sources.txt and to look for it. I copy it, add it to GM and let
          me show the list of layers. I think, this is not the right way!

          Greina

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 3, 2009
            Greina,

            The dialog where you add a WMS source should allow you to drop-down a list
            of old URLs that you have entered when adding new sources and then easily
            select them from there. However what I could also do if you have a WMS
            source selected on the Download Online Imagery dialog and press the Add
            Source button is have the URL default to that of the selected source. I will
            make that change and point you at a new v11 build.

            Let me tell you step by step what I am looking for.

            1)
            I add a new data source and click "Get List of available layers"
            I select one specific layer.

            2)
            Some times later a do the same with another data source: I add another
            data source and select one of those layers.

            And now comes my problem:

            3)
            I want to see again the choice of layers from the data source I added at
            first. But I do not know any more its WMS address. So I have to open the
            GM file
            wms_user_sources.txt and to look for it. I copy it, add it to GM and let
            me show the list of layers. I think, this is not the right way!

            Greina

            Global Mapper Support schrieb:
            > Greina,
            >
            > I'm not sure I fully understand what you are referring to? Are you trying
            > add a new data source and not seeing the list of layers that you expect?
            > Note that any source that you add will only refer to what you selected
            when
            > you added, but if you go to add a new WMS source you should see the full
            > list of available layers for that source.

            > support@... <mailto:support%40globalmapper.com>

            <mailto:global_mapper%40yahoogroups.com>
            > I saved some WMS Data Layers in my GM installation.
            >
            > Now I want to look for additional data layers from a specific source I
            > saved some time ago. But GM only shows me the available layers of the
            > WMS source which I saved last.
            > 3)In other words: Whatever data source I select, I am not able to see its
            > list of layers.
            > ??
            >
            > Greina

          • greina1
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 3, 2009

              Great, that is exactly what I am interested in.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 3, 2009
                Greina,

                I have placed a new v11 installer at
                http://www.globalmapper.com/global_mapper_setup_v1100_beta1.exe that will
                behave as you wanted when adding a new WMS source.