Re: Mission 5: Worst Case Scenario - The Action Begins! (TAG ALL)

  • Cyn
    Message 1 of 65 , Jun 5, 2008
      Who: Ripley (Grimm & Diana)
      Codenames: The Suit, Chameleon, Reaper
      Where: Little Port Walter, Alaska
      Location: Infirmiry
      Time: 5:55 a.m. (Alaska)

      Ripley glared at Grimm. "Yes, I can just imagine how you would solve
      the problem, Reaper," she said distainfully. "Except I don't actually
      want to bring this building down around or on top of us. I think we've
      all had enough of that in the last 72 hours."

      Ripley ran a hand through her blonde hair. Was it just three days ago
      the IRA had called in a bomb strike against UN headquarters to
      distract them from the fact of their loved ones' attempted kidnapping.
      Was it less than 24 hours ago that their train derailed with them on
      it, nearly killing them all - as Kisa had been killed.

      "No, we play this my way, Grimm," Ripley said shaking her head. "This
      is a government research facility. They are doing good here, and I
      won't let one bad apple take away from that."

      Glancing down at her phone she saw that the others still hadn't
      responded. "Something's wrong; the others aren't respondong," she said
      with a sigh. "Looks like we're on our own. Whatever it is, hopefully
      Williams and O'Neill will be okay on their own."

      Ripley turned to face Reaper. "Let's go," she said turning and leaving
      the room after one last glance back at the sleeping Bertram.

      Somewhere at that base was either a broken arrow or the means to
      recovering the arrow. Ripley wasn't going to waste time getting it back.

      OOC: Tag to all. If you are on Mission 5 and haven't responded to this
      post in the next week, then your character is forfeit.
    • Cyn
      Message 65 of 65 , Aug 25, 2008
        Who: Seamus Shaw, Secretary Pierce
        Where: Little Port Walter, Alaska
        Location: LPW Loading Docks
        Time: 7:46 a.m. (Alaska)

        It had taken nearly 10 minutes for the wolves to realize the doors to
        the gate were open and that they were free, but once they knew, it
        took them less than 2 minutes to vacate the area.

        As the last of the wolves vanished into the night, Seamus caught
        Secretary Piece coming up behind him. "Is it done?" she asked.

        "Yes, we have Pruitt and the uranium," Seamus said with a nod. "Dr.
        Haven is seeing a medic. She has somehow been brainwashed. We're
        hoping to break through to her."

        "Any casualties?" Pierce asked as she surveyed the damage to the
        building. She shook her head. "Besides the research facility?"

        "Yes, we lost 4 team members," Seamus admitted. "As I told you on the
        way here. Ripley doesn't keep a very good house."

        "Yes, this does not reflect very well on her...leadership," Pierce
        admitted. "But I'm not convinced that you deserve the job either."

        "What do I have to do to convince you that I'm ready to take over
        Special Operations?" Seamus asked frowning.

        "You'll have to prove yourself," Pierce said with a definitely nod,
        as if she had just made up her mind.

        "How?" Seamus said eager to prove himself and hungry to take the
        project over as the new head.

        "The African campaign," Piece said simply. "Get Dr. Chinua and his
        cure for this mysterious illness back, bring down that bastard Akello
        Pogisa..."

        "The tribal warlord?" Seamus said surprised.

        "The one and only," Pierce said with a fierce look on her
        face. "Bring him in for trial for the numerous acts of genocide he
        has committed and the jobs yours."

        "Kinda of a tall order," Seamus said narrowing his brows.

        "It's a tall job, and if you want it, then you know what you have to
        do," was all Pierce said before turning and entering the building
        among a group of her security guards.

        "Where's Wilma!" Pierce bellowed as Seamus turned his face to absorb
        more heat from the rising sun.

        MISSION FIVE ENDS...