Mission 5: Worst Case Scenario - Secret Mission at Little Port Walter

  • XQA
    Message 1 of 65 , May 3 10:24 AM
      Who: Carlos Tarago
      Where: Little Port Walter, Alaska
      Location: LPW Field Station
      Time: 5:25 a.m. (Alaska)

      Carlos checked his clip and then the round in the chamber as Ripley
      watched Dr. Pruitt disappear around a corner. When the blue-eyed woman
      turned back to face Carlos and Sarah, she said, "Whatever you two are
      doing, be done in one hour, or I'll have your hide. I'm going after
      Pruitt."

      Carlos nodded, as Sarah backed up and flattened herself as much
      against the wall as she could, holding her breath a little. Once
      Pruitt was gone, she let out her breath.

      "One hour?" Sarah said. "Okay. What was that he was carrying? I
      couldn't see..." But Ripley was already gone.

      Carlos wanted to go after her, but his mission for the CIA wasn't done
      yet. Never in his life had he been so conflicted. Go after Ripley and
      give her the back-up he suspected she might need, or finish his
      mission for the CIA?

      For the first time since he signed up with the Special OPS team, his
      dual mission perimeters were in conflict. But he had to make a
      decision now.

      "Okay, let's go, Sarah," he said making his choice.

      Carlos had loyalty ingrained in him since almost birth. As a young boy
      growing up, he knew what he wanted to do with his entire life. He
      wanted to make his bastard father pay. When he was selected for a
      special training program with the CIA that taught operatives to be
      silent assassins, he dedicated his entire life to the program.

      It wasn't like the movies, where everything is high emotional drama.
      It was simply patriotism and hatred of everything his father stood
      for. But when he married, and when his son was born, things changed.
      His priorities were still the same, but his reasons were now
      different. Everything for Dios and Country, and now Cesar too.

      And with a broken arrow out there, no one was safe, especially his son.

      "Sarah, the plan's changing," he said to the young hacker as she
      followed up to the stairwell, and then down to the basement where the
      computer tech was stored, in the coldest part of the building.

      There was a key card electronic lock on the door. He had noticed
      earlier that both Dr. Pruitt and Dr. Haven wore cards hanging from
      their necks. He wished now he had made the connection earlier.

      Carlos sighed, and a puff of frozen air came out. "Sarah, you're going
      to hack through this, get in there and set up the remote hack, and
      then get your ass back to your bunk," he said turning to her. He gave
      her a smirk. "It shouldn't be a problem for you. You pull this one off
      for me, Chica, and I'll owe you one massive favor."

      Carlos looked back the way they came. He needed to leave soon. Ripley
      could be in all kinds of trouble. "I gotta go," he said to her, hoping
      she would understand. "She needs backup, whether she realizes it or
      not."
    • Cyn
      Message 65 of 65 , Aug 25, 2008
        Who: Seamus Shaw, Secretary Pierce
        Where: Little Port Walter, Alaska
        Location: LPW Loading Docks
        Time: 7:46 a.m. (Alaska)

        It had taken nearly 10 minutes for the wolves to realize the doors to
        the gate were open and that they were free, but once they knew, it
        took them less than 2 minutes to vacate the area.

        As the last of the wolves vanished into the night, Seamus caught
        Secretary Piece coming up behind him. "Is it done?" she asked.

        "Yes, we have Pruitt and the uranium," Seamus said with a nod. "Dr.
        Haven is seeing a medic. She has somehow been brainwashed. We're
        hoping to break through to her."

        "Any casualties?" Pierce asked as she surveyed the damage to the
        building. She shook her head. "Besides the research facility?"

        "Yes, we lost 4 team members," Seamus admitted. "As I told you on the
        way here. Ripley doesn't keep a very good house."

        "Yes, this does not reflect very well on her...leadership," Pierce
        admitted. "But I'm not convinced that you deserve the job either."

        "What do I have to do to convince you that I'm ready to take over
        Special Operations?" Seamus asked frowning.

        "You'll have to prove yourself," Pierce said with a definitely nod,
        as if she had just made up her mind.

        "How?" Seamus said eager to prove himself and hungry to take the
        project over as the new head.

        "The African campaign," Piece said simply. "Get Dr. Chinua and his
        cure for this mysterious illness back, bring down that bastard Akello
        Pogisa..."

        "The tribal warlord?" Seamus said surprised.

        "The one and only," Pierce said with a fierce look on her
        face. "Bring him in for trial for the numerous acts of genocide he
        has committed and the jobs yours."

        "Kinda of a tall order," Seamus said narrowing his brows.

        "It's a tall job, and if you want it, then you know what you have to
        do," was all Pierce said before turning and entering the building
        among a group of her security guards.

        "Where's Wilma!" Pierce bellowed as Seamus turned his face to absorb
        more heat from the rising sun.

        MISSION FIVE ENDS...