Mission 5: Worst Case Scenario - Landing at Little Port Walter

  • Cyn
    Message 1 of 65 , Apr 6, 2008
      Who: Wilma Ripley, Quinn O'Niel, Dr. Stephanie Haven, Dr. Vince Pruitt
      Where: Little Port Walter, Alaska
      Location: LPW Field Station
      Time: 4 a.m. (Alaska)

      From the Coast Guard helicopters to the water-skimmer, the Special OPS
      team finally found themselves arriving at the Little Port Walter Field
      Station.

      An island in the middle of the Gulf of Alaska, Little Port Walter was
      home to a fishing community of Inuits, local Americans, and of course,
      the research scientists who lived and worked at the LPW Scientific
      Facility.

      Wilma had arranged for Dr. Stephanie Haven and Dr. Vince Pruitt, along
      with Graves the facilities manager to meet them at the Docks of the
      LPW Field Station. Even now as they pulled in for their water landing,
      Wilma could see the three figures standing on the giant pier that
      comprised the LPW Docks.

      "We're here," Wilma said to the others as they landed less than gently
      on the water. "Time to gather your gear move out."

      Once their skimmer had pulled up to the Docks, Quinn O'Niel was the
      first one to hop out. He helped the pilot secure the landing weights,
      and then bring down the plane's three-step ladder before helping Wilma
      out.

      The blonde UN representative immediately went off to greet Dr. Haven
      and Dr. Pruitt while Quinn helped the others out. Once they were all
      gathered onto the Dock, Dr. Haven gestured for them all to follow her.

      "We can introduce ourselves inside, where its not 30 below!" she
      shouted over the howling wind. "Come on!"

      The group moved in one long line, heading inside of the facility,
      which was further up the docks and then further up a hill. Once they
      stepped inside the front doors, Wilma could feel a blast of hot air
      greet them, along with the sound of a scan.

      The a siren started to wail as lights flashed red. Dr. Pruitt spun on
      them all. "Someone is carrying a weapon," he said conspiratorially.

      "Almost everyone here is," Ripley said and then gestured to the
      others. "We have a mixed group here, Dr. Pruitt. Like myself, some of
      us are UN Security Forces, as I explained before coming here; while
      other of us, like Ms. Bertram here and her...err friends, Mr. Tarago
      and Mr. Lester, are here because they are on this facility's board of
      donors."

      "And how do you know everyone, so well, Undersecretary Ripley?" asked
      Pruitt.

      Dr. Pruitt gave Ripley a keen once-over. "We were stranded in the snow
      for nearly an hour, Dr. Pruitt, one tends to get to know the person
      sharing your body warmth."

      Without another word, Ripley gestured for Carlos, Lester and Diana to
      move ahead. While she gestured to the rest as "her people" and asked
      them to display their weapons for the cameras.

      "I want everything to be as above board as we can get here," Ripley
      said to both doctors. "This is an official UN inspection after all."
    • Cyn
      Message 65 of 65 , Aug 25, 2008
        Who: Seamus Shaw, Secretary Pierce
        Where: Little Port Walter, Alaska
        Location: LPW Loading Docks
        Time: 7:46 a.m. (Alaska)

        It had taken nearly 10 minutes for the wolves to realize the doors to
        the gate were open and that they were free, but once they knew, it
        took them less than 2 minutes to vacate the area.

        As the last of the wolves vanished into the night, Seamus caught
        Secretary Piece coming up behind him. "Is it done?" she asked.

        "Yes, we have Pruitt and the uranium," Seamus said with a nod. "Dr.
        Haven is seeing a medic. She has somehow been brainwashed. We're
        hoping to break through to her."

        "Any casualties?" Pierce asked as she surveyed the damage to the
        building. She shook her head. "Besides the research facility?"

        "Yes, we lost 4 team members," Seamus admitted. "As I told you on the
        way here. Ripley doesn't keep a very good house."

        "Yes, this does not reflect very well on her...leadership," Pierce
        admitted. "But I'm not convinced that you deserve the job either."

        "What do I have to do to convince you that I'm ready to take over
        Special Operations?" Seamus asked frowning.

        "You'll have to prove yourself," Pierce said with a definitely nod,
        as if she had just made up her mind.

        "How?" Seamus said eager to prove himself and hungry to take the
        project over as the new head.

        "The African campaign," Piece said simply. "Get Dr. Chinua and his
        cure for this mysterious illness back, bring down that bastard Akello
        Pogisa..."

        "The tribal warlord?" Seamus said surprised.

        "The one and only," Pierce said with a fierce look on her
        face. "Bring him in for trial for the numerous acts of genocide he
        has committed and the jobs yours."

        "Kinda of a tall order," Seamus said narrowing his brows.

        "It's a tall job, and if you want it, then you know what you have to
        do," was all Pierce said before turning and entering the building
        among a group of her security guards.

        "Where's Wilma!" Pierce bellowed as Seamus turned his face to absorb
        more heat from the rising sun.

        MISSION FIVE ENDS...