Re: Mission 4: Protect the Innocents - Heading to Cut Bank

  • Kate
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 4, 2008
      Who: Rebecca Adams
      Where: Cut Bank(ish), Montana
      Location: Just outside Cut Bank
      When: December
      Time: 7:50 am (MTZ)

      Rebecca was getting low on gas and time. Waiting for the phone to
      ring was never a comfortable thing. It's why she and Doug wouldn't
      have lasted. He had the lovely disability of not being able to pick
      up a phone, and not just because of his job. Oh this mistakes of
      youth. Trish was the best thing that came out of that bad situation,
      and she'd be damned if she'd be hurt.

      Rebecca snapped herself back as she approached the Sinclair station,
      and started filling her car with gas. This was not the time to be
      lost in thought. Until backup arrived she was the only hope of their
      family getting out alive.

      She waited for the car to fill with gas, and kept an eye out for
      anyone getting close. It was too random for them to have snipers
      out, but hell who knew what resources they had...

      When her cell phone rang she jumped, and had to take a few deep
      breathes to calm herself down. Luckily it wasn't Jane again, it was
      Angel. Thank God!
    • Cyn
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 5, 2008
        Who: Angel Ramirez
        Where: Cut Bank, Montana
        Location: Cut Bank airport
        When: December
        Time: 8 am (MTZ)

        "No, we're coming in to some rinky dink air strip," Angel practically
        shouted over her cell to be heard over the plane's engine, which was
        pretty much right under her tan Hispanic ass.

        The former NYC cop had finally gotten through to Dr. Rebecca Adams and
        the two had attempted to coordinate through the sound of the small
        plane and of Adams pumping gas at the only 24-hour gas station in all
        of Cut Bank, located off of, yep, you guessed it, Main Street.

        "Yes, I realize they are all rinky in a town called Cut Bank," she
        said with a roll of her eyes. She glanced towards the Whetu brothers
        and got a signal from Curtis.

        "Looks like we're hitting the ground," Angel said glancing out at the
        name scrawled on the side of the large barn-like structure that seemed
        to be the commercial airport.

        "Douglas Air Strip," Angel read off to Adams. "Half an hour. Fine.
        We'll be here and we'll be ready."

        Angel didn't hang up the phone, so much as lose her connection. "Adams
        is gonna meet us on the ground, so let's get this show on the road,"
        Angel griped, not happy about the close quarters, the minuscule size
        of the plane or the fact that time was running very short.

        She didn't know why, but something in her gut told her that the Swede
        and Xu would try to make a run for the border that very day!
      • Kate
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 20, 2008
          Who: Angie Ramirez & Rebecca Adams
          Where: Cut Bank, Montana
          Location: Municipal Airport
          When: 8:25 am (MST)

          Angie crossed the small airport's tarmack in only a
          few strides as she made her way towards the waiting
          form of Dr. Rebecca Adams. Since the Whetu brothers
          were lags behind her, she took the opportunity to talk
          to the doctor as a worried friend, and not as a
          professional colleagues.

          "How you holding up, Becca?" the former NYC cop asked,
          concern written across her face.

          Rebecca smiled. Where to start? She knew now was not
          the time to spill her doubts about her ability to stay
          with the team. There was enough to worry about
          without adding one more. Besides as soon as the
          brothers got close they'd have to change to business
          mode.

          "I've been better. Already had to fend off a
          call from the mother-in-law. She's not gonna take the
          'Trish doesn't want to talk to anyone' excuse for
          long. If I'm lucky this won't end up in family court
          again. How bout you?"

          "Usually, nerves frayed, and dealing with Tweedle-dumb and dumber
          ain't helpin," Angie said with a thick dose of her Latina Brooklyn
          accent. Then she sighed. "But you know, they're grieving and worried
          too, so I cut 'em some slack."

          Looking back at the brothers made their way over, she gestured for
          Adams. "C'mon, time's wasting, and we have to get to the border
          guards. I have a feeling today's the day they are gonna make a run
          for it, and we've got to get to them before they decide Jessica's
          sister isn't worth keeping around anymore."

          Rebecca nodded. "I agree. They have the upper hand, but with any
          luck we'll be able to flush them out in time."

          ooc: jp goodness