Re: [globalSpecialOPSgroup] Re: Mission 5: Worst Case Scenario - Avalanche (TAG ALL)

  • Sam Reader
    Message 1 of 79 , Dec 2, 2007
      Who: Sarah Lien
      State/Region: Valdez, Alaska
      Area: Chugach Mountain peak
      Location: Kodiak train
      Time: 1:10 PM (Alaskan)

      One moment Sarah was having some pleasant porn dreams involving tropical islands, and the next, she woke up to find everything in disarray. As she tried to move, she realized her leg was stuck in between the bunk and the wall. "Shit," she muttered, yanking at it for a few seconds before giving up.

      She had to focus. Her possible injury and immobilization wasn't the important part. As she took stock of the mess, she felt something poking into her thigh from the trapped leg. She'd remembered putting her phone into...oh. Yelling at the top of her lungs, she punched the bed. No smart phone. It looked like her shell pants were across the room, trapped under some debris when the car got banged up, so that probably meant her palmtop was almost completely dead, too. To say nothing of her removable storage, and maybe her mp3 player. Squeezing her eyes shut, she tried not to scream or swear, but another "Shit." escaped her lips, this one more plaintive.

      Sarah rested her head back against the (wall? floor? ceiling? Which way was she facing, anyway?) flat surface and tried to calm down. As she did, she noticed that at least the two briefcases were all right and sighed with relief. Perhaps everything wasn't fucked after all, but she needed to get out of here. And maybe get her taser out of her coat so she had some way of protecting herself.

    • Alexis Brooke Knight
      Message 79 of 79 , Mar 30 5:14 PM
        Who: Kendall Stone
        Where: Near Kodiak, Alaska
        Location: Coast Guard Rescue
        Time: 2:55 a.m. (Alaska)

        Cat slowly stood to her feet. Her muscles stiff and aching from the
        extreme and bitter cold. Plus, she had once again aggravated the
        sprain she received on her ankle from ditching her undercover like
        mission with the Stones earlier that month or so.

        The newer member to the team made her way through the snow, nursing
        her ankle along the way. Kendall's teeth cringed as she neared the
        circling blades of the copter. The added wind it shoved in her
        already rosy cheeks was nearly unbearable. She dunked her head and
        proceeded quickly, climbing into the soon heavenly warmth of the
        cabin.

        "Oh god, its heat!" she graciously spoke aloud in a appreciative
        tone, while rubbing her hands briskly together, and taking a buckled
        seat.

        Diana was with Kendall, so she paired up with her and got on the
        helicopter. As she was inside, she sat and mumbled to herself, "I'm
        Diana, I am with Kendall, we are in Alaska looking for something..."

        Her head tipped back with a long sigh is relief, slowly the feeling
        of her fingers, toes, and nose began to sting back to reality. The
        feeling of the heated air that blew from the above vent in her face
        was like a kiss from heaven itself, and yet left a stinging reminder
        of the hell she had just been delivered form. The faint mumbles
        emitted from the wind chapped lips of her comrade, Diana, caught her
        attention as she mentioned Kendall's name.

        Cat bothered not to respond to her, but rather pondered the woman's
        comments. She had a point, Kendall thought. Yes, we were in a Alaska.
        A hell in itself, and yes we were all looking for something. Cat
        however found herself looking for answers to why in the hell she
        signed up or agreed to this job. Other than the fact that it was an
        only out to dodge serious jail time, her "get out of jail free" card.

        ~What the hell were you thinking, Kendall?~ She questioned herself,
        tipping her head back once more, and closing her eyes as she was
        before Diana caught her attention. ~Seriously, I think jail would
        have been much, much safer.~ A slight sigh left her thick cracked
        lips, ~I mean look at these people,~ Her eyes opened as she silently
        bounced from pain harboring face to the next suffering one. ~They are
        all in pain, all look miserable. None of them have lives outside of
        this job, hell this job is everything. Their friend, family, and
        lover. I have yet to find where this occupation delivered me a purr
        of pleasure.~

        She shook her head, rolling it to the side in a monotonous manner,
        and peering out the window in obvious thought. The dark misty clouds
        passed by as they made their way toward their destination. Cat lifted
        a hand and swiped slowly through the fogging window, her warm breath
        immediately clouding it once more.

        ~Perhaps, I should reconsider things? Maybe this isn't for me, but
        jail isn't either. Fuck, why did I mess around and get caught in the
        first place.~ She let out a harsh huff of air in disgust of the
        careless and cockiness actions that led her to being arrested.

        Kendall decided that she would sit through the rest of this mission,
        ponder things whenever time allowed, and make her decision once she
        arrived home again. With the warm heat still washing over her, she
        slowly drifted off to a cat nap.