Re: Mission 5: Worst Case Scenario--Guilt brings on an idea

  • Cyn
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 7, 2007
      Who: Wilma Ripley
      Where: 747 Bird of Prey
      Location: Sleeping Area
      Time: 8:30 (Eastern), 5:15 (Alaskan) pm

      Wilma had only been lying downfoabout 20 minutes, when she sensed
      someone approaching her sleep area. Since she was not asleep, she sat
      up as the person came into view. It was Diana Bertram.

      Diana knocked onto Ripley's alcove wall (since there are no doors).

      "Secretary Ripley? There is something I must discuss with you," she
      said.

      Wilma raised an eyebrow, and gestured to the woman to sit on the edge
      of the bed if she wanted. Diana was dressed in a silk robe, which
      Ripley admired. The woman came from quality, and no matter what
      disguise she was wearing, she would always reflect that quality to
      Ripley.

      "Sure, Diana, what's on your mind?" Ripley asked as she sat up and
      pulled her knees up to her chest.

      Ripley's long blonde hair was a bit all over, so she smoothed it out
      as much as she could while leaning against the wall by running her
      fingers through its length.

      "What's wrong?" she asked when Diana didn't immediately respond. She
      seemed to be collecting her thoughts.
    • goysu
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 8, 2007
        Who: Wilma Ripley and Diana Bertram
        Where: 747 Bird of Prey
        Location: Sleeping Area
        Time: 8:32 (Eastern), 5:17 (Alaskan) pm

        Diana sat on the end of Wilma Ripley's bed, trying to find the words
        to describe how she felt. After a few moments, she came right out with
        it. "I might have contributed to these terrorists."

        Ripley raised an eyebrow at that and sat up a little straighter. She
        opened her mouth, then closed it and took a breath. How she handled
        this could be very important and she wanted to make sure she proceeded
        properly. She considered bringing in Sarah or one of the other agents
        for a witness, but decided against it.

        "Exactly how do you mean contributed?" Ripley asked after a pause.

        "It was during our break, at a concert in London," Diana explained.
        "Someone talked about the research on global warming which was being
        done at Little Port Walter during the intermission, and I made a
        contribution without a care.

        "During the briefing, when you mentioned the terrorists, I thought
        about the contribution I made, that the money I had given the
        facility, went to those bastards."

        Ripley pursed her lips. "If it was just a monetary donation, that
        should be alright," she said speaking cautiously. "I mean, there is a
        lot of good going on at LPW. And global warming research is a very
        good thing to fund, so I wouldn't worry about that."

        Ripley ran a hand through her long, blonde hair. "The only thing I can
        see being a problem is how your money was appropiated, meaning exactly
        how it was used, and your prior knowledge to the terrorist
        activity..." Ripley paused. "You had no idea before today about the
        treachery happening at LPW, did you?"

        Diana shook her head. "I believed I was funding research on global
        warming, I swear," she said quickly. "I knew nothing about the
        terrorists." Then she paused for a moment before adding, "I don't want
        to go there in disguise. I want to go in as Diana Bertram, a
        businesswoman who wants to know exactly what she financed."

        Ripley smiled. "Good idea," she agreed. "That way the scientists won't
        have to look too hard to find a reason of interlopers there. And it
        gives you the freedom to work a different angle than everyone else.
        But we can discuss that more on the train. Right now, we need to get
        all the rest we can."

        Ripley leaned back against her bed. "Good-night, Diana, and don't
        worry, I'm sure everything will be fine."

        "Thank you," Diana stood up and nodded. "Good night, Miss Ripley."

        She went back to her area and sat quietly for a moment. Her mind was
        racing about many things--about the mission, her apparent naivete
        about what was really going on in Alaska, about James' reaction if he
        knew...

        "If I was duped, there may have been others..." she whispered to
        herself, her mind suddenly clear. "Yes, that is how I can approach
        this..." With that, she took off her robe and went to bed.

        OOC: JP between the Games Mistress and me
      • Chris
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 15, 2007
          Who: Kaden Williams
          Where: 747 Bird of Prey
          Location: Lounge
          Time: 8:32 (Eastern), 5:17 (Alaskan) pm

          Kaden couldn't sleep. It had been the time over the past few months
          that had caused him many nightmares. He sat in the lounge at the
          table with a bottle of Scotch and a filled glass of ice before him.
          The bottle was half empty, too. He poured another cupful and drank it
          down without a problem. Then he picked up his cigar from ash tray and
          took a puff on it. He'd probably get in trouble about that, but at
          least he was enjoying himself now. He leaned back in the chair after
          setting the cigar in the tray again and poured another glass of Scotch.

          <tag any>
        • Sam Reader
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 15, 2007
            Chris <alabama_ace_2004@...> wrote:
            Who: Kaden Williams, Sarah Lien
            Where: 747 Bird of Prey
            Location: Lounge
            Time: 8:32 (Eastern), 5:17 (Alaskan) pm
            Sarah was buzzing by this time, not able to get any sleep. So she was exploring a little. She knew she should be getting rest, but she'd already been up one full day, so she didn't expect another to do much damage to her. Following the smell of scotch and tobacco, she made her way into the lounge and settled down across from Kaden. Getting out a bottle of brandy, she poured herself her own glass and looked at him. "Why the hell do you seem to have such a grudge against me in particular?" she asked.

            Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

          • Chris
            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 15, 2007
              Who: Kaden Williams, Sarah Lien
              Where: 747 Bird of Prey
              Location: Lounge
              Time: 8:34 (Eastern), 5:17 (Alaskan) pm

              "Why the hell do you seem to have such a grudge against me in
              particular?" she asked.

              Kaden looked across at the girl for a moment before reaching for his
              wallet. He pulled out two pictures of him and Piak Niran, tossing
              them onto the table. "See the girl in the picture? Piak Niran. She
              betrayed us. In fact, you're filling her position. You look similar
              to her too." Kaden gulped down his Scotch. "Let's just say I don't
              trust you yet."

              <tag Sarah>
            • Sam Reader
              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 16, 2007
                Chris <alabama_ace_2004@...> wrote:
                Who: Kaden Williams, Sarah Lien
                Where: 747 Bird of Prey
                Location: Lounge
                Time: 8:35 (Eastern), 5:17 (Alaskan) pm

                "Why the hell do you seem to have such a grudge against me in
                particular?" she asked.
                  "Let's just say I don't trust you yet."
                Sarah snorted. "I doubt, whoever she was, that she was as good as you think. In fact, I think I remember seeing her before, though I'm not sure..."
                She only had the appearance to go on, and that wasn't all that great. They seemed happy together, so there was obviously a personal link she was going to miss. " Rest assured, I have vested interests that make it...rather hard for me to sell all of you out." She finished the rest of her brandy and gagged a little. She never, ever threw back if she could help it. But this was an interesting moment for her.
                Shrugging, she just said to Williams, "Well, I'm sorry for what you had that she decided to piss away. But it's a shitty reason to hate someone you don't know." To her estimation, at least, it was. She didn't have to be trusted, but to be met with what was (in her opinion) open hostility was just nasty.
                <tag Sarah>

              • Chris
                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 16, 2007
                  Who: Kaden Williams, Sarah Lien
                  Where: 747 Bird of Prey
                  Location: Lounge
                  Time: 8:35 (Eastern), 5:17 (Alaskan) pm

                  Kaden took a long inhale on his cigar before speaking. "You make a
                  good point, kid," he told her as he leaned forward. He set one of the
                  pictures in the ash tray and struck a match, which he dropped into the
                  tray letting the picture go up in smoke. "Guess I'll have to make it
                  a effort to give ya try. Don't know ya. Have no reason to distrust
                  you." He set his cigar down for a moment. "No hard feelings?"

                  <tag Sarah>
                • Sam Reader
                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 16, 2007
                    Chris <alabama_ace_2004@...> wrote:
                    Who: Kaden Williams, Sarah Lien
                    Where: 747 Bird of Prey
                    Location: Lounge
                    Time: 8:37 (Eastern), 5:17 (Alaskan) pm
                    "None." Sarah smiled a little, pouring herself another glass and saluting Kaden with it. She took her time with the drink, not wanting to take it all at once. "I promise I won't walk all over your goodwill." She put the empty glass down. "Okay. I think I'm ready for bed now. You going to be okay?"