SO RPG's 7 Deadly Rules

  • Cyn
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2006
      1.) No already, pre-established characters (i.e. Sydney Bristol, James
      Bond, Jason Bourne, etc). The moment I see too much likeness or
      history to another character, the character gets axed.

      2.) No "autoing" other people's characters, unless given permission.
      Autoing is using another person's character to say, do or think
      something that isn't what that player intended.

      3.) No one-word or one-sentence posts. That wastes space and time. And
      pisses me off too!

      4.) If a player if absent for more than 4 weeks, without first
      letting the moderator(s) know of the absence, the character will be
      considered forfeit and therefore his or her fate will be up to the
      moderator(s).

      5.) No "God" characters. No one can go into a room be shot at by 200
      terrorists and not get hit, and Kevlar doesn't protect you from ALL
      bullets, rockets or a missile. Get real, people! I hate "God"
      characters, and they will get zapped.

      6.) Characters are limited to 2 specializations in the beginning,
      unless otherwise specified by the moderator(s). For example, a
      character can be a blades master and a master of disguise, but can't
      be a computer hacker too. That's way too much crap and can lead to
      "God" Characters, which I hate.

      And yes, psychic powers are allowed, but if your character has a
      psychic power, you're limited to just that. So you can't have
      telekenetics or telepathy and be a martial arts master. See above
      point about "God" Characters. Also, psychic characters are limited to
      choosing one of the following: telekenesis, telepathy, empathy, and
      pyrokenesis. If you're a pyro, you can only have it in a limited
      fashion. This isn't X-Men.

      7.) If any two players have a dispute, they should try and work it out
      outside of the Game Board, and if they are unable or unwilling to
      work it out civilly, the moderator(s) will step in and render a
      decision. Moderator(s)' decisions are final. I hate "God" characters.