Mission 14: The Final Frontier (Investigation Begins)

  • sir_xcalibur2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2013

      Who: Anjela Ramirez, Scott Hastings, Carlos Tarago, Michelle Laurent, Wendy Luang, Tony Pyke, & Jason Calvin
      Codenames: Angel, Gladiator, Hammer, Moriarty, Ghost, Patch, & Gears

      Where: Houston, Texas
      Location: NASA Space Center
      When: 10:30 am Wednesday

      Carlos had been examining the door, checking for blast marks or any type of override on the electronic key card entry while the women had been chatting. Whoever had killed the woman, Winke, either had a key card to get through this door, or didn't come through the door at all.

      Carlos would like to get his hands on the surveillance footage, but as Marshal Leland had already said, the footage had been mysteriously erased.

      "Alright, Hammer, Moriarty," Angel said addressing her two comrades. "Remember the scene has already been fingerprinted and DNA samples have been taken from the...remains of Dr. Winke. All we're doing is trying to suss out the sequence of events and determining if any foul play could have been the result of this crime."

      "Angel, look at this key card reader," Carlos called. "No forced entry of all kind. If she was murdered, it was either by someone she knew, or someone who got into this room another way."

      "Once Marshal Leland comes, we'll go in," Angel said to Hammer and Moriarty again. "Let's hope to God this won't take all day."

      When Marshal Leland finally joined them, the blonde agent quickly explained the situation and what part each of them had to play.

      "I'll take lead," Leland said. "Ms. Ramirez and I will canvas the room, but Ms. Laurent's job while we're doing all that is to figure out how someone could get into that room, not through the front door, but some way else, unseen by the cameras. Your profile indicated you would have some expert knowledge at that."

      So Laurent aka Moriarty would go in first and try to determine who the killer, if there was one, got into the room. And both Leland and Angel would do their cop thing. Which left him with what?

      "What about me?" Carlos asked Marshal Leland. "What do you want me to do specifically?"

      "I've left the body for you. We will join you later, but you file said you had some expertise with determining death."

      Yeah, how to cause it, Carlos thought. "Okay, where's cold storage?"

      "Major Becker will show you," Marshal Leland said gesturing to a man wearing a military uniform who was standing just within earshot.

      Carlos eyed the major. "After you," he said wondering how he was going to lose this guy so he could get some real work done.
    • Dipthor The Mitey
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 28, 2013

        Who: Anjela Ramirez, Scott Hastings, Carlos Tarago, Michelle Laurent, Wendy Luang, Tony Pyke, & Jason Calvin
        Codenames: Angel, Gladiator, Hammer, Moriarty, Ghost, Patch, & Gears

        Where: Houston, Texas
        Location: NASA Space Center
        When: 10:30 am Wednesday

        Jason "Gears" Calvin had seen a lot of strange and/or impressive things since he joined the team, but he had never seen the inside of NASA and that was impressive.

        Now here he was looking inside a high tech peice of equipment designed to help train astronauts for space.  While he was not sure how exactly this thing worked, NASA still had the original blueprints, which was helpful.  He had the machine open and was looking through the parts and comparing it with the design specs the supplied.

        There apperared to be some strain on the parts, but it did not look like sabetage, just fatigue.

        "This is Gears," he said into a radio. "Everything inside the machine looks fine.  I am not sure about the control system though.  Some of these parts are a little worn down which makes sense given what happened."