Re: Mission 14: The Final Frontier (Prolouge)

  • mississppiqueen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2013
      Who: Tad Thomas, Sara Lien Thomas
      Codename: Radar, Pandora
      Where: Las Vegas
      Location: Sara's flat
      When: 10:45 am (Mountain Time)

      Tad lifted one tiny bottle and then the next. The one on the left read "Bruise" and the one on the right read "Eggplant" but they both looked the same to him - purple.

      "Okay, I give up," he said turning and looking back at Sara. "All your nail polish looks the same to me."

      Tad was lounging next to Sara on the bed, except his head was facing the foot of the bed and Sara was leaning against the headboard at the head of the bed, where she was hard at work on her laptop. "Sara? Can you look up from the laptop long enough to address this issue?" he asked. When she continued to ignore, he bit her big toe.

      "Ow!" Sarah glared at him. "Fine. Bruise."

      "Thank you," Tad said before twisting the cap off the polish bottle and applying it to her left toes.

      She mock pouted at him. "You know this sort of stuff is time-sensitive and the reason they keep giving us the penthouse, right?" Well, some of it was.

      Some of it was opening the windows of celebrity vacation homes during heavy rainshowers and letting nature take its course. And some of it was a six-operator attempt to crash the Hong Kong stock market just to see if they could make China feel even the smallest tremors of financial panic. But most of it was the kind of work she was actually paid to do.

      They'd been pretty successful after she'd lent out her services as a security consultant and part time info broker. It was better than being Siri for a group of overgrown boys with guns, and Vegas was an amazing place to work when you had as much money as they did.

      Sarah turned over and waved her toes in front of Tad's face. "Now come on. And for your information, the difference is that Bruise is slightly darker and a matte finish, and I don't really want them looking too shiny."

      "No, now they just look beat up!" Tad snarked as he started on the right foot. "Bruise indeed. So what's the big deal with this new..."

      One of the six cell phones rang on the night stand. He sighed. "Is it mine or one of yours?"

      Either case, their special vacation time together was most likely at an end.
    • Dipthor The Mitey
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 18, 2013

        Who: Jason Calvin
        Codename: Gears
        Where: Columbus, Ohio
        Location: On road
        When: 11:45 am (Eastern Time)

        Jason Calvin was glad to be back in the states.  The Russian op was three months behind him and he was glad to be in the states with summer approaching.  Nothing like driving with the top down and wind in his hair after overhauling the engine of a convertable.

        His phone started ringing.  He turned to the side of road and stopped, then answered.

        "Hello?" he said, "Oh, hey.  What's going on?  What?  Where?  Houston, as in Houston, Texas?  I'm on my way."