Re: Mission 13: Deadly Hallow's Eve

  • mississppiqueen
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 3, 2012
      Who: Anjela Ramirez & Carlos Tarago
      Codename: Angel, Ghost, Bad Karma, Patch, Gears, Hammer
      Where: Chechnya/Russia Border
      Location: 100 yards across from Warehouse
      Time: 10:20 AM

      "Sorry I'm late. Traffic was a nightmare."

      Angel smirked at Gears. Trust Calvin always to have a witty retort.
      "Excuse me, Guys," Angel said when she spotted Hammer coming into the warehouse, walking at a brisk pace. He was outpacing the FSB agent following him inside. With his arms wrapped around himself, he looked like he was freezing.

      Angel walked across the room towards him, stopping only when he wrapped his arms around her and snuggled close. "What theĀ…"

      "Sweetie, it is freezing out there," Carlos said too loudly. "Snuggle closer and warm your man up."

      Angel hardly had a choice with Carlos' strong arm nearly crushing her. "Hammer," she began but fell silent when he gave her a look she had seen all too many times before. Angel shut her trap and continued to hug and be hugged by Hammer.

      A few seconds later, the FSB agent walked by rolling his eyes and muttering, "Undisciplined, horny American sissies," under his breath.
      Once the FSB agent was far enough away, Carlos relaxed his arms, but didn't let Angel go. He leaned in and, as if he was going to kiss her and whispered, "Let's go somewhere, baby, just you and me. I missed you."

      Albeit uncomfortably, Angel still caught what he was saying, somewhere where there was no FSB around to overhear. "Right," Angel whispered and then louder said, "C'mon, Baby, let's go inside where we can warm each other up."

      Angel nodded to the other team members, particularly to Luang, who would serve as team leader when she wasn't around. Angie didn't worry that the others would get the wrong impression, like Captain Luang, the team knew where Angel's true heart lay. And it wasn't with Carlos, or men in general.

      Once they were in a cozy corner of the warehouse, with their arms wrapped around one another, Carlos told Ramirez what he saw. "Major firepower," he said nuzzling her neck. "And I don't mean some measly terrorist gear, or a few Uzis for the revolution. This was major supplies. The explosives alone are high-quality military grade."

      "Could you tell type?" Angel asked resting her head against the side of his face.

      "No, not from where I was able to get access to the warehouse. I was too limited by time and position, but I could tell you the explosive were no joke. That's no C4 and chicken wire operation they got over there," Carlos explained, running his fingers up and down Angel's smooth skin. "There's got to be someone bankrolling this revolution. I just couldn't get close enough to tell whose storehouse the machinery was stole from. But the one thing I did get a good look at, were those detonators."

      "And?" Angel asked looking up at Hammer, her eyes wide and adoring.

      "Spetsnaz. Nothing reads like Russian, but Russian," Carlos explained. "And special forces too."

      "Hence the lover's snuggle," Angel said understanding the extra precaution and secrecy now. Someone in the FSB might be in league with the Revolutionaries. "Okay, head into the debriefing room and distract the Russians, I'll let the team in on the intel."

      "Consider it done," Carlos said leaning over and kissing Angel's cheek. He broke from her and moved towards the conference room, where the others and the heater awaited. Angel, in the meantime, went to gather up the troops. At least that's what it looked like as she called them all and waved them over to her, pointing to the conference room.

      When they were within listening distance, she whispered what Carlos had discovered. "Michelle and Diana should be arriving together under the British banner of diplomacy, so we won't get to talk to them beforehand. So let's keep our eyes and ears open. The mole could be anyone."

      OOC: JP
    • Christopher
      Message 2 of 25 , Nov 3, 2012
        Who: Scott Hastings
        Codename: Angel, Ghost, Bad Karma, Patch, Gears, Hammer, Gladiator
        Where: Chechnya/Russia Border
        Location: 100 yards across from Warehouse
        Time: 10:25 AM

        Angel, in the meantime, went to gather up the troops. At least that's what it looked like as she called them all and waved them over to her, pointing to the conference room.

        Scott had his bag next to him, picking it up as he saw Angel's motion. He was ready to get this mission underway. He had not said much, as he awaited orders.

        When they were within listening distance, she whispered what Carlos had
        discovered. "Michelle and Diana should be arriving together under the British banner of diplomacy, so we won't get to talk to them beforehand. So let's keep your eyes and ears open. The mole could be anyone."

        It seemed to be like that everywhere, Scott thought. Now, everything that went on, and everything that would be said, could be used against them by this mole. He found a seat and made himself comfortable. Sitting back, Scott was prepared to listen closely to his orders.
      • simmingheather
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 5, 2012
          Who: Captain Luang
          Codename: Angel, Ghost, Bad Karma, Patch, Gears, Hammer, Gladiator
          Where: Chechnya/Russia Border
          Location: 100 yards across from Warehouse
          Time: 10:30 AM

          "Sweetie, it is freezing out there," Carlos said too loudly. "Snuggle closer and warm your man up."

          Luang rolled her eyes. While in the past, when she was still new to the team, she'd be surprised and annoyed by the show of affection, but at this point she knew both well enough to get the ruse, but also that she had to act like it was legit. Unsurprisingly the two soon disappeared, leaving her in charge of the group, with the Russians standing awkwardly nearby.

          Luang wordlessly handed Gears a coffee, just as he liked it, and surveyed the team. They were still missing a few members and Luang wondered if they were coming. She didn't want to go over the files while the Russians were nearby, as she didn't know exactly why Hammer didn't want to talk in their presence, which left them to chit-chat, which Luang was not comfortable with.

          "So, BK, any thoughts on college?" Luang hoped that her unusual attempts and casual conversation would be picked up on by her colleagues and sure enough they were all smart enough to realize the situation. By the time Angel and Hammer finished, they all seemed to be engaged in a casual conversation.

          Angel returned to gather up the troops. At least that's what it looked like as she called them all and waved them over to her, pointing to the conference room.

          When they were within listening distance, she whispered what Carlos had discovered. "Michelle and Diana should be arriving together under the British banner of diplomacy, so we won't get to talk to them beforehand. So let's keep our eyes and ears open. The mole could be anyone."

          "Very well," Luang said. "While Chameleon and Moriarty do that, what are our orders?"
        • Dipthor The Mitey
          Message 4 of 25 , Nov 5, 2012

            Who: Jason Calvin
            Codename: Angel, Ghost, Bad Karma, Patch, Gears, Hammer, Gladiator
            Where: Chechnya/Russia Border
            Location: 100 yards across from Warehouse
            Time: 10:30 AM

            Gears took the coffee from Luang and sippied it.   It helped warm him up.  Still, he wasn't happy to be here in Russia freezing nearly to death.  Still, they had a job to do here.

            He took a seat at the table, waiting for the rest of the team.  He had followed the news about this region, but that was public knowledge, not the full details.  That is unfortunately what he learned on this job.  Well, one of many.

            "So what's going on?"
          • Kimmy
            Message 5 of 25 , Nov 13, 2012
              Who: Chuck Taylor
              Codename: Angel, Ghost, Bad Karma, Patch, Gears, Hammer, Gladiator
              Where: Chechnya/Russia Border
              Location: 100 yards across from Warehouse
              Time: 10:40 AM

              Taylor blinked at the antics of the older team members, what the hell was going on with Angel and Hammer? Thankfully Captain Luang pulled his attention away with a question about college. She wasn't usually chatty about personal stuff, and the young man scrunched up his face giving a silent 'hunh?' at first.

              The light bulb went off and he shrugged his shoulders. "Still adjusting to the fact that I can afford it now, and that I managed to graduate high school" he answered half heartedly since she probably didn't really care, not that he held it against Ghost.

              Angel was back before he could ask if it was simply smarter to take up technical school. She gathered the troops and herded everyone into the make shift conference room.

              > When they were within listening distance, she whispered what Carlos had discovered. "Michelle and Diana should be arriving together under the British banner of diplomacy, so we won't get to talk to them beforehand. So let's keep our eyes and ears open. The mole could be anyone."
              >
              > "Very well," Luang said. "While Chameleon and Moriarty do that, what are our orders?"

              Gears seemed to feel the same way, and Chuck gave the team leader his full attention. "We're still gonna save those kids, right?" he asked hoping that part of the mission hadn't been aborted with this news. When he had seen the story on the television, he was sure that was one of the reasons they were here.

              tags
            • mississppiqueen
              Message 6 of 25 , Nov 14, 2012
                Who: Angel Ramirez
                Codename: Angel, Ghost, Bad Karma, Patch, Gears, Hammer, Gladiator
                Where: Chechnya/Russia Border
                Location: 100 yards across from Warehouse
                Time: 10:50 AM

                "Michelle and Diana should be arriving together under the British
                banner of diplomacy, so we won't get to talk to them beforehand. So let's keep our eyes and ears open. The mole could be anyone."

                "Very well," Luang said. "While Chameleon and Moriarty do that, what are our orders?"

                Gears seemed to feel the same way, and Chuck gave the team leader his full attention. "We're still gonna save those kids, right?"

                "Yes, that is the priority here," Angel confirmed. "Those kids need a rescue, and I don't know about you, but I don't want to see dead kids floating in that river out there on the international news. Not on my watch!"

                Angel glanced at the group gathered. "We'll let Chameleon and Moriarty deal with getting us specifics on the monsters involved in this snatch and grab as they arrange and 'in-person' meeting with these terrorists. As for this team, let's go listen to Hammer's report. He found some valuable insight into the actual warehouse that these creeps are holed up in. But if you have any ideas or insights, keep them to yourselves. I don't want to tip off the mole, if there is one, to our strategy. Just hold your opinion inside for now until we get back to the hostel, where we are being housed. Once we're secure and away from prying eyes and ears, then we'll get the real rescue underfoot. Understood?"

                OOC: Tag
              • simmingheather
                Message 7 of 25 , Nov 15, 2012
                  Who: Captain Luang
[...]

                  "Understood," Luang said as she also nodded her agreement, her own issues waiting for her back home now the farthest thing from her mind. While she didn't show it, her heart went out for those kids and their worried parents and families. She eyed the team; they looked grim and ready for action and Laung, at that moment, felt certain they'd succeed.
                • Sam
                  Message 8 of 25 , Nov 15, 2012
                    Who: Michelle Laurent
                    Codename: Moriarty

                    Where: Chechnya/Russia Border
                    Location: 100 yards across from Warehouse
                    Time: 10:15 AM

                    The moment Michelle got on the ground, she was already moving. While coming in under Brit diplomacy did have its merits, there was no risk involved, no adventure. She had a reputation to uphold, even if she was forced not to defend it. So she'd changed the plan a little. There had been a small bag loaded on to the plane when she'd left Zurich, and she quickly found the nearest airport bathroom so she could get to work. First came the injections to tighten her facial muscles, letting other places sag a little to make her look older, harder. Then the contacts, ice-blue to match the hard face that looked at her from the mirror. And finally a black wig. It would have been easier to make her hair darker with a water-soluble dye, but if between now and the staging area she needed to swap to the blonde, it would be easier not to dye and to just take off one wig for another.

                    From the airport, she rented a car and drove to the bolthole she had, where she changed into a winterweight neoprene suit and a military uniform. This had took some doing, but she still had a few crooked friends here and there, and it was easy enough to start compiling things. Finally, she arranged someone to take her to the border outpost. Helena had once chastised her for her risk addiction, saying it wasn't fun to do something unless she could break a couple of laws when she did it. At this point, having gained unauthorized access to the consulate and impersonating a Russian intelligence officer, she had to agree to some degree. She left the bolthole, arranged for an escort, and got a ride to the staging area across from the warehouse.

                    Once there, she simply showed her credentials to the right people and walked right into the thick of things. After all, a Russian intel officer in cold-weather clothes wasn't that noticeable, and the uniform and outerwear covered her stealth suit, securing the appearance even further. She waited for a while until the drugs began to wear off, then quietly removed herself at the first opportunity and shed her disguise, dropping the disposable lenses and wig in the trash and coming back. She rubbed her face as the drugs wore off the rest of the way and she returned to normal. Her facial muscles were always a little sore after that.

                    "Diana was indisposed," Michelle explained, a little disinterested, "So I made it out here on my own...as for the mole, I know of several leaks from my contacts, but they're miniscule." She shrugged. "Unless my contacts lied to me. It hasn't been the first time that's happened, but after I purged the Interpol plants, they've always been very loyal."
                  • sir_xcalibur2000
                    Message 9 of 25 , Nov 17, 2012
                      Who: Carlos Tarago
                      Codename: Hammer, Angel, Ghost, Bad Karma, Patch, Gears, and Gladiator
                      Where: Chechnya/Russia Border
                      Location: 100 yards across from Warehouse
                      Time: 10:50 AM

                      While the others were still outside in the main hold of the warehouse, Carlos was doing his best to distract the Russians with his set-up before he gave his recon report.

                      "Yes, I'll need that laptop there, and this projector," Carlos said in broken, limited Russian. His accent was bad, but his understanding was better than he let on when they were talking freely in front of him.

                      "So what did you find out?" asked Oksana's new FSB partner in Russian. While Carlos was familiar with the Russian agent, he had no dealings with the new FSB agent. He also didn't like him. He was too pushy, too bullish, too interested in getting the information ahead of time.

                      The feeling was mutual Carlos could tell from the way the guy sneered at Carlos. When it was decided hours ago that Carlos would do the recon, an idea supported by Oksana, "Boris" challenged the suggestion, then insisted that a FSB agent accompany Carlos.

                      When finally Carlos explained that a solo recon mission was solo, "Boris" insisted that a FSB agent at least drove Carlos to the river and back, instead of having Carlos drive himself. It was a compromise, an unnecessary one in Carlos' book, but a compromise nonetheless.

                      "Que que?" Carlos asked in Spanish with a puzzled look on his face.

                      "Boris" had made such a big production about only speaking Russian in front of the UN agents, so Carlos was happily giving him a taste of his own borscht by only speaking Spanish, pretending he didn't understand his Russian.

                      It soured "Boris" on Carlos from the first moment they talked, and the situation hadn't improved.

                      "Boris" grunted in frustration, but left Carlos alone, giving him and the rest of the team time to devise a solution, which Carlos hoped they would tell him about when they arrived in the conference room.
                    • simmingheather
                      Message 10 of 25 , Dec 17, 2012
                        Who: Captain Luang
                        Codename: Moriarty, Hammer, Angel, Ghost, Bad Karma, Patch, Gears, and Gladiator
                        Where: Chechnya/Russia Border
                        Location: 100 yards across from Warehouse
                        Time: 11:00 AM

                        Captain Luang was frustrated and a little angry. While she wasn't a very emotional individual, her team knew her better at this point to recognize the flash in her eye and the tight line her mouth made for what it was. Moriarty was apparently making up her own rules as she played, again, and Hammer's talk with the Russians was taking entirely too much time. In these types of situations, the longer they took the worse the outcome.

                        To make matters worse, she was beginning to feel unwell. So rather than talk to Angel about her concerns, she turned to Angel abruptly. "I need to use the bathroom. I shall be back." As she strode to the bathroom, Luang put her hand in her pocket. She had a pocket full of meds that should keep her going until the end of the mission and she fully intended on taking them.