Re: Mission 12: Murder & Mayhem In Mexico (In The Chopper)

  • simmingheather
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 13, 2012
      Re: Mission 12: Murder & Mayhem In Mexico

      Who: Luang, Pyke & Price

      Special OPS Team: Angel Ramirez, Jake Whetu, Charles "Chuck" Taylor, Jason Calvin, Wendy Luang, P. Tony Pyke, Daniel Price, Wilma Ripley-Whetu, Carlos Tarago, Diana Bertram, and and Introducing Michelle Laurent!

      Codenames: Angel, Ahab, Bad Karma, Gears, Ghost, Patch, Apollo, The Suit, Hammer, Chameleon, and Introducing Moriarty!

      Where: Outside of Mexico City, Mexico
      Location: Inside the Search Helecopter
      When: 4:00pm (Central)

      Locations:
      Anjela Ramirez, Angel - El Hefe Rebel Camp
      Carlos Tarago, Hammer - El Hefe Rebel Camp
      Michelle Laurent, Moriarty - El Hefe Rebel Camp
      Charles "Chuck" Taylor - At Casa Escondido
      Diana Bertram, Chameleon - At Casa Escondido
      Jason Calvin, Gears - At Casa Escondido
      Wendy Luang, Ghost - In the search helicopter
      Jake Whetu, Ahab - At Casa Escondido
      P. Tony Pyke, Patch -In The helicopter searching
      Daniel Price, Apollo - Flying the helicopter searching

      OCC: I was hesitant to post because I knew were were going to need a slight time jump soon and we three were already slightly head of you, but not much is going on so...

      Luang looked grimly though her military issue thermal binoculars. She soundlessly passed them to Patch before turning to Apollo. "Move on, we don't want to tip them off that we know where they are." As it is, buzzing by them probably already caused some concern. Luang reached for her radio.

      "Ghost to the Suit, target acquired. I'm transmitting coordinates to your phone now. I suggest that we act ASAP, as they're likely to have seen us, despite our altitude." Already Luang's mind began focusing on the best plan of attack, given the set up she observed. "We await your orders."
    • mississppiqueen
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 16, 2012
        Who: Colonel Heath Eastlake, US Special Forces
        Where: US Embassy
        Location: Debriefing Room
        Time: 1400 hours

        Privates Robert Smith and Moses Dixon, on special assignment to tail and then forcibly intercept the cartel convoys following the UN decoy, were secretly monitoring the UN's channel when they heard the relays between the group in the field and their field commander - the Suit.

        "Ghost to the Suit, target acquired. I'm transmitting coordinates to your phone now. I suggest that we act ASAP, as they're likely to have seen us, despite our altitude. We await your orders."

        "Good job, Ghost, orders are the same," Wilma said over the line. "Pursue at a suitable distance. We don't want to scare the cartel men off, Chameleon and the boys should be nearing the rendezvous point with the US Forces. Once they have their men in custody, I'll need you and the others to get back here. We may have a lead on Angel and Hammer's whereabouts. Suit out."

        Smith turned to Dixon, who was driving and said, "We'd best relay this to Colonel Eastlake. If the mission is going as planning then we're a redundancy and we aren't needed as back up for the UN team."

        Smith nodded, "Right. He'll want a heads up."

        So Smith changed the channel and contacted the colonel. "Colonel Eastlake, this is Private Smith, we've got chatter on the horn. The UN people are following their orders and leading the cartel people directly to the extraction point. Should we abort the mission? Over."

        "Absolutely not, Smith," the Colonel's brusk voice came over the channel. "You stay on the cartel's exhaust pipes until you pass the Rio de los Loza, once you pass that river, then I want you to overtake the cartel men, force them off the road."

        Dixon and Smith exchanged a look. "Say again, Colonel Eastlake?"

        "You heard me, Men, take out the cartel's SUV, but I want them alive, and that's an order."

        Smith and Dixon exchanged another look. "Understood, Sir. Smith and Dixon out."
      • mississppiqueen
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 17, 2012
          OOC: OOPS, my bad!

          Who: Wilma Ripley

          Special OPS Team: Angel Ramirez, Jake Whetu, Charles "Chuck" Taylor, Jason
          Calvin, Wendy Luang, P. Tony Pyke, Daniel Price, Wilma Ripley-Whetu, Carlos
          Tarago, Diana Bertram, and and Introducing Michelle Laurent!

          Codenames: Angel, Ahab, Bad Karma, Gears, Ghost, Patch, Apollo, The Suit,
          Hammer, Chameleon, and Introducing Moriarty!

          Where: Casa Encondida
          Location: The Living Room
          When: 4:00 pm (Central)

          Locations:
          Anjela Ramirez, Angel - El Hefe Rebel Camp
          Carlos Tarago, Hammer - El Hefe Rebel Camp
          Michelle Laurent, Moriarty - El Hefe Rebel Camp
          Charles "Chuck" Taylor - At Casa Escondido
          Diana Bertram, Chameleon - At Casa Escondido
          Jason Calvin, Gears - At Casa Escondido
          Wendy Luang, Ghost - In the search helicopter
          Jake Whetu, Ahab - At Casa Escondido
          P. Tony Pyke, Patch -In The helicopter searching
          Daniel Price, Apollo - Flying the helicopter searching

          As soon as Wilma hung up with Winona Chase, she left her temporary bedroom and radioed her husband who should have left in the helicopter Tad procured for him to follow behind the drug cartel who were following Diana, the decoy for the Donna. Jake quickly briefed her on the status of the mission.

          "Excellent. Pursue at a suitable distance. We don't want to scare the cartel men off, Chameleon and the boys should be nearing the rendezvous point with the US Forces. Once they have their men in custody, I'll need you and the others to get back here. We may have a lead on Angel and Hammer's whereabouts. Suit out."

          Then Jake told her what Tad had been up to.

          "Tad!" Wilma snapped angrily. She had sent him to the US Embassy, with strict orders. Wilma didn't trust the US Commander of Senor Gomez. She needed eyes and ears in that Embassy and now she wouldn't have it thanks to whatever foolishness that Tad was up to.

          "That young man and I need to have a serious talk. Suit over and out, stay safe, Ahab," Wilma said reaching signalling off just as Ghost was signalling in.

          Ghost, Apollo, and Patch had been doing regular patrols in rural areas outside of the city looking for any sign of Angel or Hammer. Maybe something finally paid off.

          "Ghost to the Suit, target acquired. I'm transmitting coordinates to your phone now. I suggest that we act ASAP, as they're likely to have seen us, despite our altitude. We await your orders."

          "Good job, Ghost, orders are the same," Wilma said over the line. "Radio when you have the two targets in sight, or further intel. Suit out."

          When Wilma signed off with Ghost, she saw Tad running through the door. "We may have a lead on Angel and Hammer's whereabouts," he said.

          "I know," Wilma retorted. "And you may have cost us the mission!"
        • Dipthor The Mitey
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 17, 2012

            Who: Jason Calvin
            Special OPS Team: Angel Ramirez, Jake Whetu, Charles "Chuck" Taylor, Jason Calvin, Wendy Luang, P. Tony Pyke, Daniel Price, Wilma Ripley-Whetu, Carlos Tarago, Diana Bertram, and and Introducing Michelle Laurent!
            Codenames: Angel, Ahab, Bad Karma, Gears, Ghost, Patch, Apollo, The Suit, Hammer, Chameleon, and Introducing Moriarty!
            Where: Outside of Mexico City, Mexico
            Location: Casa Escondido
            When: 4:00pm (Central)

            Locations:
            Anjela Ramirez, Angel - El Hefe Rebel Camp
            Carlos Tarago, Hammer - El Hefe Rebel Camp
            Michelle Laurent, Moriarty - El Hefe Rebel Camp
            Charles "Chuck" Taylor - At Casa Escondido
            Diana Bertram, Chameleon - At Casa Escondido
            Jason Calvin, Gears - At Casa Escondido
            Wendy Luang, Ghost - In the search helicopter
            Jake Whetu, Ahab - At Casa Escondido
            P. Tony Pyke, Patch -In The helicopter searching
            Daniel Price, Apollo - Flying the helicopter searching

            Jason had just finished up the last of the alterations to the vehicles.  He slammed the hood and double checked everything.  If everythiong went to plan, then this should work.  Then again, wasn't often everything worked...actually he wasn't sure what the ratio was, but knew it wasn't great.

            "We're all set down here," he said into the radio.   "Whenever you are ready boss."

            Taking the radio with him, Gears turned back ot the vehicles.  This would work...he hoped....It had to.  There was way too much on the line for it to fail.

          • Kimmy
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 17, 2012
              Who: Chuck

              Special OPS Team: Angel Ramirez, Jake Whetu, Charles "Chuck" Taylor, Jason Calvin, Wendy Luang, P. Tony Pyke, Daniel Price, Wilma Ripley-Whetu, Carlos Tarago, Diana Bertram, and and Introducing Michelle Laurent!

              Codenames: Angel, Ahab, Bad Karma, Gears, Ghost, Patch, Apollo, The Suit, Hammer, Chameleon, and Introducing Moriarty!

              Where: Casa Encondida
              Location: The Motorcade
              When: 4:10 pm (Central)

              Locations:
              Anjela Ramirez, Angel - El Hefe Rebel Camp
              Carlos Tarago, Hammer - El Hefe Rebel Camp
              Michelle Laurent, Moriarty - El Hefe Rebel Camp
              Charles "Chuck" Taylor - Driving the Decoy Car
              Diana Bertram, Chameleon - At Casa Escondido
              Jason Calvin, Gears - At Casa Escondido
              Wendy Luang, Ghost - In the search helicopter
              Jake Whetu, Ahab - At Casa Escondido
              P. Tony Pyke, Patch -In The helicopter searching
              Daniel Price, Apollo - Flying the helicopter searching

              Chuck had trotted about the hotel gathering what needed to come with them in the car, including the British decoy disguised as the Donna. That took longer than expected since he couldn't figure out who was who on the first take, or the second for that matter, which of course was the idea.

              The gruff Aussie... no wait, Kiwi... bush pilot that was married to the boss had told him it was time to hit the road. And Gears had given the go ahead on the car, or as much as he could do with it in the time given.

              "I'm sorry, we gotta go..." he reported to the ladies feeling like he had interuptted a conversation of some kind. The teen felt his face flush red with some kind of embarrassment.

              That was then, this was now.

              Being behind the wheel of a vehicle boosted the hulking lad's confidence in this whole scenario, even if he was doing the speed limit. Drive casually, like Han Solo and Chewbacca going against the Imperials. Although he was pretty sure Chameleon was the suave space pirate and he was the hairy sidekick in this endeavor.

              What the car lacked in armor it made up for in speed and a sturdy framework. Playing chauffeur wasn't so bad except for the dorky hat, which felt hot and sweaty when the report came in that the cartel men were on the move through his earbud.

              "Going this slow officially sucks ass" he mumbled as they drove along. Chuck's gaze flicked up to the rear view mirror to check on his passenger, wondering if she ever lost herself in these personas she adopted.

              His brow furrowed in concern for a moment, but it was better not to get attached to anyone in the unit. Well, better not to get anymore attached, he'd be a liar not to say that he liked most of them. Even that grumpy little bastard with the accent.

              "Think once the military guys grab the cartel boys we can high-tail it with the others to help rescue Angel and Hammer?" he asked outloud. Taylor hoped to get in on a little more action than just playing wooden duck, and he wanted to be useful to the team.

              He flashed Diana a boyish grin as if it would lighten the situation they were all in.

              tags
              (OOC: on the road, and hopefully not screwing with continuity too much)
            • Dipthor The Mitey
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 17, 2012

                Who: Jason Calvin
                Special OPS Team: Angel Ramirez, Jake Whetu, Charles "Chuck" Taylor, Jason Calvin, Wendy Luang, P. Tony Pyke, Daniel Price, Wilma Ripley-Whetu, Carlos Tarago, Diana Bertram, and and Introducing Michelle Laurent!

                Codenames: Angel, Ahab, Bad Karma, Gears, Ghost, Patch, Apollo, The Suit, Hammer, Chameleon, and Introducing Moriarty!

                Where: Casa Encondida
                Location: The Motorcade
                When: 4:10 pm (Central)

                Locations:
                Anjela Ramirez, Angel - El Hefe Rebel Camp
                Carlos Tarago, Hammer - El Hefe Rebel Camp
                Michelle Laurent, Moriarty - El Hefe Rebel Camp
                Charles "Chuck" Taylor - Driving the Decoy Car
                Diana Bertram, Chameleon - At Casa Escondido
                Jason Calvin, Gears - Motorcade
                Wendy Luang, Ghost - In the search helicopter
                Jake Whetu, Ahab - At Casa Escondido
                P. Tony Pyke, Patch -In The helicopter searching
                Daniel Price, Apollo - Flying the helicopter searching

                It was now or never, time to see if the modifications he had made held.  The phone books he crammed into the panels would stop about anything other than anti-tank weapons.  He really hadn't had time to test these things out.  It was all theory.  But theory would have to do.

                "Can't go any faster," he said. "That'd really look suspicuious."

                The engine sounded good.  Hopefully he wouldn't have to see what this thing could do.  However, their last several ops had not gone according to plan.  Maybe this one would.  He could be hopeful.
              • mississppiqueen
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 22, 2012
                  Who: Colonel Heath Eastlake, Pvt Robert Smith, and Pvt Moses Dixon, US Special Forces
                  Where: On the Road out of Mexico City
                  Location: Military HumVee
                  Time: 1420 hours

                  Privates Robert Smith and Moses Dixon, on special assignment to tail and then forcibly intercept the cartel convoys following the UN decoy, were secretly debating whether or not to carry out Colonel Eastlake's last orders.

                  "The Colonel didn't stutter," Smith said to Dixon, who was driving.

                  "The UN people are following their orders and leading the cartel people directly to the extraction point. There's no need to run the cartel men off the road. It's overkill, Smith, and you know it," Dixon countered.

                  Colonel Eastlake's orders were firm: Smith and Dixon were to stay on the cartel's exhaust pipes until the Rio de los Loza. Once they were past the river, they were to overtake the cartel men, forcing them off the road.

                  Smith gave an exasperated sigh, "If Colonel Eastlake wants us to take out the cartel's SUV, but take the hostages alive, then that's what we'll do."

                  Dixon ground his teeth, but only pointed through the windshield at the sign marker reading, "Rio de los Loza."

                  Smith and Dixon exchanged a ill-tempered glance even as they drove their HumVee onto the Rio de los Loza bridge. "Better speed up," Smith said. "The others are already half way across."

                  "Right," Dixon said, still not liking it. "You better get your rifle ready."

                  Then a thought occurred to Dixon. "What if the UN people try and stop us?" he asked Smith.

                  Smith slid a cartridge into his rifle. "We have our orders, Dix. The colonel said he wants the cartel men alive, and he said we have to bring them in 'by any means necessary.' What do you THINK he meant!"

                  Grimly, Dixon accelerated the HumVee, hoping and praying the UN doesn't interfere.
                • goysu
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 9, 2012
                    Who: Diana Bertram
                    Where: On the road, motorcade
                    When: 4:15 pm (Central)

                    Diana smiled back at the young member of their team, her hands wringing the handkerchief in her lap. "Hopefully we can bring them back...as with my husband," she answered, keeping with her disguise. This was her skill, and she was happy to use it to get Angel and Carlos back.

                    "Can't go any faster," Jason said. "That'd really look suspicious."

                    "We're being followed?" Diana asked, turning in her seat to see several cars following them. "What purpose is there in following me?"

                    Inwardly she was pleased with the cartel men following her. That was the intent, the plan was working--for now.
                  • mississppiqueen
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 15, 2012
                      Who: Pvt Robert Smith and Pvt Moses Dixon, US Special Forces
                      Where: On the Road out of Mexico City
                      Location: Military HumVee
                      Time: 1425 hours

                      "Hold on to your butt," said Private Smith as he pressed the gas and rammed the HumVee into the back of the farthest cartel SUV. The black and chrome vehicle immediately jerked up, its back wheels coming off the road on the bridge before it spun out to the side.

                      But Smith and Dixon weren't done yet. As the SUV flipped and then landed on its roof before toppling to its side, the two Special Forces soldiers did a Rockford spin out and came to a halt.

                      Each grabbed their automatic weapon and started out of their vehicle. With the SUV on its side, neither private expected much resistance, and were shock as hell when they still got it.

                      One of the cartel men kicked out the back window of the SUV, and immediately brought up a M249 light machine gun. He began firing on the two soldiers. As Private Dixon jumped back behind the armored door of the HumVee, Smith took a hit to the leg, screaming as he too pulled himself back. He only just barely managed to keep his head from getting blown off.

                      "Smith, watch out," Dixon yelled as the fire rained down on them. "Radio for backup!"

                      "Can't, I'm hit," Smith yelled as he dragged himself further back on the ground.

                      By now another shoot had come out of the cartel men's black SUV, but this time, he came out of the passenger side window that was facing skyward. The man also had a M249 light machine gun. He sprayed the HumVee with bullets, trying to take out the Army men as well.

                      OOC: TAG to the Others
                    • mississppiqueen
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 15, 2012
                        Who: Angel Ramirez
                        Special OPS Team: Angel Ramirez, Jake Whetu, Charles "Chuck" Taylor, Jason Calvin, Wendy Luang, P. Tony Pyke, Daniel Price, Wilma Ripley-Whetu, Carlos Tarago, Diana Bertram, and and Introducing Michelle Laurent!

                        Codenames: Angel, Ahab, Bad Karma, Gears, Ghost, Patch, Apollo, The Suit, Hammer, Chameleon, and Introducing Moriarty!

                        Where: El Hefe Camp
                        Location: Underground Cavern
                        When: 4:10 pm (Central)

                        Locations:
                        Anjela Ramirez, Angel - El Hefe Rebel Camp
                        Carlos Tarago, Hammer - El Hefe Rebel Camp
                        Michelle Laurent, Moriarty - El Hefe Rebel Camp
                        Charles "Chuck" Taylor - Driving the Decoy Car
                        Diana Bertram, Chameleon - At Casa Escondido
                        Jason Calvin, Gears - Motorcade
                        Wendy Luang, Ghost - In the search helicopter
                        Jake Whetu, Ahab - At Casa Escondido
                        P. Tony Pyke, Patch -In The helicopter searching
                        Daniel Price, Apollo - Flying the helicopter searching

                        Angel clawed, bit, and scratched at the men who dragged her from the house of El Hefe towards the caverns in the far west of the cartel man's property.

                        "You stupid bitch," the man was yelling at her in Spanish as he gripped her by the hair and arm, adding so much pressure, Angel thought he was going to break it.

                        "You should have stayed put and been nice like the rest of the women," the other man tht was dragged her said. He had her other arm and a gun pressed to her head as they quick walked across the property.

                        "No, you go to suffer with the men," the first man growled at her. "Lord knows what those men will do to you, pretty one!"

                        The two men laughed, imagining Angel's fate being a horrible one. But the UN agent and former NYC police officer knew something they didn't. She had initiated the distress beacon when she was in El Hefe's casa, which would bring in the calvary.

                        Angel fought not to smile and give herself away even as she was dragged off to be with the men. She also knew that wherever these two bastards were taking her, she had a friend also waiting for her and together they were going to kick ass.

                        OOC: Tag to the others
                      • Kimmy
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 4, 2012
                          Who: Bad Karma - Chuck Taylor (with Chameleon and Gears)
                          Where: On the Road out of Mexico City, motorcade
                          When: 4:25 pm (Central)

                          Taylor had to do a double take, because if he hadn't been told that the Brit diguise artist was his cargo he would have been sure it was the Donna.

                          She didn't just look, dress and sound like the other woman, she had her mannerisms down too. It was only the briefest of smiles that assured him of both who she was, and what he was doing. This was a mission with a purpose, not some joyride across someone else's backyard.

                          Jason warned him not to go too fast or it would look suspicious, which was true but going too slow would as well. Besides converting miles per hour into kilometers was never the teen's strong point when he was in Mexico.

                          His passengers checked to see if they were being followed, and they surely were. The bastards weren't even trying to hide it, a brazen bunch was never a good sign in Cartel terms. At least that's what Chuck's old mafia bosses used to say.

                          "Here we go" Taylor warned as he caught sight of a military vehicle pulling up way in the back of the line. He put his foot down hard and let their car pick up speed so the Army boys could round up the Cartel men. "Ain't they early?" he crowed out to his companions.

                          Chuck only saw the last car get pitted and tumble off the road, where the hell were the rest of the military guys? There wasn't any point in not high tailing it across the bridge, since the Donna's regular driver probably would have done so.

                          They roared across the bridge, and Chuck risked looking upward for a brief moment through the windshield. Thier helicopter escort was still around, right? Because he was sure if it was up to the military they would help their own first and get to him and his team mates afterwards.

                          "This officially sucks balls!" Taylor grunted out, because a bridge was a bad place to start the assualt. Stupid jarheads, or whatever the uniform guys were... was suppose to wait until they were OFF the damn bridge first.

                          tags!