Re: Mission 12: Murder & Mayhem In Mexico (The Debriefing, Part 2)

  • simmingheather
    Message 1 of 27 , Apr 2 12:32 PM
      Who: Luang, Price & Pyke

      Special OPS Team: Angel Ramirez, Jake Whetu, Charles "Chuck" Taylor, Jason Calvin, Wendy Luang, P. Tony Pyke, Daniel Price, Wilma Ripley-Whetu, Carlos Tarago, Diana Bertram, and and Introducing Michelle Laurent!

      Codenames: Angel, Ahab, Bad Karma, Gears, Ghost, Patch, Apollo, The Suit, Hammer, Chameleon, and Introducing Moriarty!

      Where: Mexico City, Mexico
      Location: El Hefe Rebel Camp
      When: 1:59 pm (Central)

      Locations:
      Anjela Ramirez, Angel - El Hefe Rebel Camp
      Carlos Tarago, Hammer - El Hefe Rebel Camp
      Michelle Laurent, Moriarty - El Hefe Rebel Camp
      Charles "Chuck" Taylor - At Casa Escondido
      Diana Bertram, Chameleon - At Casa Escondido
      Jason Calvin, Gears - At Casa Escondido
      Wendy Luang, Ghost - At Casa Escondido
      Jake Whetu, Ahab - At Casa Escondido
      P. Tony Pyke, Patch -At Casa Escondido
      Daniel Price, Apollo - At Casa Escondido

      Wilma turned to Ghost. "Your group can leave right away," she said. "The sooner you guys are in the air, the better. Just watch out for the cartel men. We all know they're going to try and stop us, if they can. So let's not let them."

      "Yes ma'am," Luang replied as she opened up her laptop.

      Wilma stepped back from the table. "Alright, get out there and bring home our friends."

      "Before we get up in the air, we should go over some satellite images I have via my laptop," Luang said as she pulled up local satellite imagery.  She looked around.  Apollo was here, Patch not so much.  She frowned, but continued on.  Both she and Apollo had the background to identify likely hideouts and prioritize them, not Patch.

      Luang pointed at the image on the table of Angel and Hammer in the pickup.  "See at the corner of the image?  Definitely an established road, but a dirt road.  I know that doesn't eliminate it that much, since most roads around here are dirty, but it does take us out of the city."  As Luang spoke and typed, all the dirt roads became highlighted.  "Also, they're at an incline and there is flora.  The edge of the road is green. So most likely the mountains to either the west or southeast of the city.  Given the image's time stamp and estimated time of abduction this image was probably taken in one of these locales."  With a couple of clicks parts of the map became highlighted in yellow.  "Assuming they're taking refuge in the local mountains and local roads..." The yellow range expanded.  "These are the areas we should search first."

      Luang gestured to the screen.  "Cerro la Catedral is a range with a number of national parks to the south.  I'd assume it would be easy to pay off the park rangers, but still they'd have to contend with hikers, skiers..." with a few clicks, those highlighted areas disappeared.  That still leaves the Cerro la Catedral's peaks to the north as a likely location."  Another few clicks and Popocatepetl became unhighlighted.  "I doubt they'd set up by an active volcano."

      "Finally," Luang gestured. "There's Mount Tlaloc, but my money's on the northern peaks of Cerro la Catedral."  Luang flagged several areas that she thought would be likely locations.  "Now if you'd hold on a minute, I'd like to grab Patch.  I know he's done some work with Military Intelligence and I'd be interested to know if he's got any intel that might narrow things down.  While I do that, flag any additional areas you think we should check out."

      Within moments she found Patch and gave him an impatient look.  After he finished speaking to BK, he met up with her as she walked back to Apollo.

      "Apollo and I flagged some likely sites.  Did any of your work in military intelligence touch on Mexico and specifically the cartels?  If so you might help prioritize our targets."

      OOC: What is Luang talking about? Click here to view a terrain map!
    • mississppiqueen
      Message 2 of 27 , Apr 27 8:59 AM
        Who: Wilma Ripley-Whetu

        Special OPS Team: Angel Ramirez, Jake Whetu, Charles "Chuck" Taylor, Jason Calvin, Wendy Luang, P. Tony Pyke, Daniel Price, Wilma Ripley-Whetu, Carlos Tarago, Diana Bertram, and and Introducing Michelle Laurent!

        Codenames: Angel, Ahab, Bad Karma, Gears, Ghost, Patch, Apollo, The Suit, Hammer, Chameleon, and Introducing Moriarty!

        Where: Mexico City, Mexico
        Location: Casa Escondido
        When: 2:10 pm (Central)

        Locations:
        Anjela Ramirez, Angel - El Hefe Rebel Camp
        Carlos Tarago, Hammer - El Hefe Rebel Camp
        Michelle Laurent, Moriarty - El Hefe Rebel Camp
        Charles "Chuck" Taylor - At Casa Escondido
        Diana Bertram, Chameleon - At Casa Escondido
        Jason Calvin, Gears - At Casa Escondido
        Wendy Luang, Ghost - At Casa Escondido
        Jake Whetu, Ahab - At Casa Escondido
        P. Tony Pyke, Patch -At Casa Escondido
        Daniel Price, Apollo - At Casa Escondido

        With the team doing what the team did best, Wilma returned to her room to make a long overdue phone call to Secretary Pierce.

        "Pierce," said the abrupt woman over the line.

        Wilma gave her a brief report on what was happening with the situation in Mexico and then without preamble said, "What did you think you were doing?"

        "Excuse me?" Pierce said over the line.

        "No, I won't," Wilma said her back up against a wall, both figuratively and literally as she leaned her head against the far wall next to a window. "I've been over it again and again in my head, and I've checked the files too, both the reports written by Dr. Melanie Blaise our staff psychologist."

        "And?" Pierce said anger lacing her voice.

        "Angel's recovery was rushed," Wilma said flatly. "Her approval for this mission was rushed without thought to her actual well-being."

        "Then you obviously didn't real the report by Dr. Vaughn," Pierce said. "He declared her physically fit..."

        "Oh, but I did read Dr. Vaughn's report, and you know as well as I do, Leona, that physically healed and mentally or spiritually healed are two seperatate things," Wilma insisited. "And with Angel's history of kidnap and torture, it was irresponsible and reckless to assign her to this mission before she was ready."

        If Pierce bristled at the use of her first name, her voice didn't betray it. But Wilma used it on purpose. She wanted the woman to know that she was serious.

        "You're objections are duly noted," Pierce said coolly.

        "I'm not done," Wilma insisted.

        "Yes, you are," Pierce said before disconnected the line.

        Wilma heard the click and then took a deep breath. She had just risked her career to call Pierce out on her mistake, but it had been worth it. She had made her point; she just hoped it resonated in more than just her firing.

        Wilma was willing to risk her career and her position as the leader of the Special OPS team however, especially after Seamus and his dissertion of the team, not only because she was all that was left, but because she truly cared about the people who worked for her.

        Where Wilma was concerned, the team was more than just a enforcer unit, it was a family, and she would not tolerate any risking their lives unnecessarily.

        Closing her eyes, Wilma pinched the bridge of her nose. She stepped away from the wall and tossed her cell phone on the bed. As soon as it landed, it rang.

        Starled, Wilma quickly scooped it up, hoping for a new report or new intel on their missing people. What she got was a shock of another kind.

        "Seamus!?!" Wilma said surprised. "What's wrong?"
      • Sam
        Message 3 of 27 , May 19, 2012
          Who: Tad Thomas, Michelle Laurent

          Special OPS Team: Angel Ramirez, Jake Whetu, Charles "Chuck" Taylor, Jason Calvin, Wendy Luang, P. Tony Pyke, Daniel Price, Wilma Ripley-Whetu, Carlos Tarago, Diana Bertram, and and Introducing Michelle Laurent!

          Codenames: Angel, Ahab, Bad Karma, Gears, Ghost, Patch, Apollo, The Suit, Hammer, Chameleon, and Introducing Moriarty!

          Where: Mexico City, Mexico
          Location: US Embassy
          When: 2:32 pm (Central)

          Locations:
          Anjela Ramirez, Angel - El Hefe Rebel Camp
          Carlos Tarago, Hammer - El Hefe Rebel Camp
          Michelle Laurent, Moriarty, Enroute to Mexico City
          Charles "Chuck" Taylor - At Casa Escondido
          Diana Bertram, Chameleon - At Casa Escondido
          Jason Calvin, Gears - At Casa Escondido
          Wendy Luang, Ghost - At Casa Escondido
          Jake Whetu, Ahab - At Casa Escondido
          P. Tony Pyke, Patch -At Casa Escondido
          Daniel Price, Apollo - At Casa Escondido

          "Any of them a Latina with a habit of running off into danger?" Michelle asked. "Because she yelled some random gibberish at me and handed me this." She handed Tad the note. "I was doing a show, and there was kind of some mistaken identity...they thought I was some kind of thief. Anyway, long story short, I helped her out and she made me her errand girl in return for saving her ass."

          She regarded Tad carefully. He had a serious stick up his ass from the sound of it, and would probably use the "kidnapped friends" excuse just to push her aside. Normally, she wouldn't mind. Her entire profession was getting pushed aside. It was how she'd managed to rob a diamond exchange in Antwerp in broad daylight with no one noticing anything. It was how she'd made off with cases full of lobbyist money in DC. But today...today was different.

          Michelle was glad it had been interesting, sure, but for the reward she'd got? Not worth the hassle. Things that weren't worth the effort she put into them were automatically boring, this little nothing who looked like a time-shifted yuppie or someone who thought they were a lot more important than they truly were was in her way (usually an offense that got cleared up by her setting them up for a minor crime, along with boring her and wasting her time, which he was also doing), she'd had to hijack a car that was little more than an ATV with a chassis, and she still didn't have anything of value, because almost immediately her "new friend" who had decided she was a good errand girl had started shooting people.

          "And normally I would just let the whole thing go, but I had to walk out of a Mexican cartel's hideout stark naked, ride an ATV in someone else's gamy clothes, and I'd really like to just get to a hot bath and maybe a cigarette, probably at the same time, so please, kindly, tell me if any of this is making sense."

          He hadn't gone to the cops, or else he'd be a little more desperate, and he wasn't. He was clean-cut, pretty obviously from the States, East-coast accent. Those people always went to the cops first, and he hadn't. Instead, he was going to the US embassy, which meant he had knowledge of here. Good education, knowledge of Mexico meant he worked in politics or international affairs-- people from good schools usually stayed in for Spring Break or picked better places than Mexico. She would want to play a little more with this one.
        • mississppiqueen
          Message 4 of 27 , May 20, 2012
            Who: Tad Thomas, Michelle Laurent

            Special OPS Team: Angel Ramirez, Jake Whetu, Charles "Chuck" Taylor, Jason Calvin, Wendy Luang, P. Tony Pyke, Daniel Price, Wilma Ripley-Whetu, Carlos Tarago, Diana Bertram, and and Introducing Michelle Laurent!

            Codenames: Angel, Ahab, Bad Karma, Gears, Ghost, Patch, Apollo, The Suit, Hammer, Chameleon, and Introducing Moriarty!

            Where: Mexico City, Mexico
            Location: US Embassy
            When: 2:32 pm (Central)

            Locations:
            Anjela Ramirez, Angel - El Hefe Rebel Camp
            Carlos Tarago, Hammer - El Hefe Rebel Camp
            Michelle Laurent, Moriarty - Mexico City
            Charles "Chuck" Taylor - At Casa Escondido
            Diana Bertram, Chameleon - At Casa Escondido
            Jason Calvin, Gears - At Casa Escondido
            Wendy Luang, Ghost - At Casa Escondido
            Jake Whetu, Ahab - At Casa Escondido
            P. Tony Pyke, Patch -At Casa Escondido
            Daniel Price, Apollo - At Casa Escondido

            Tad was all set to disregard this garish woman and even Secretary Pierce's obsessive demand that if she was ever spotted in the field, she was to be brought in at once, because there were bigger issues at hand, but when the woman in question mentioned a "Latina with a habit of running off into danger," there was only one person Tad was convinced it could be.

            "Angel," he whispered to himself even as Michelle continued with her ordeal of fleeing naked. When she was done, Tad immediately pulled out his cell phone and called Wilma Ripley-Whetu, who was running the operation. But her line was beeping busy.

            Who could she be talking to now!

            Tad called the next person on his list, the Whetu part of that hyphenated name. "Ahab, this is Boy Scout, I got a lead on Angel, but…" Tad said using his limited use field op codename. He paused looking Michelle up and down again. "The boss lady's not gonna like where it came from though..."
          • mississppiqueen
            Message 5 of 27 , May 20, 2012
              Who: Colonel Heath Eastlake, US Special Forces
              Where: US Embassy
              Location: Debriefing Room
              Time: 1200 hours

              US Colonel Heath Eastlake didn't like knowing the UN was in charge of his operation Cartel Takedown, but there was little he could do seeing as how it was their man and woman who had been taken by the notorious El Hefe.

              "So we follow their convoy with the decoy til we reach the outskirts of the Jigafra," the Colonel said detailing the plan to his men. "Then when we get outside the collateral damage zone, then we take `em. Any questions?"

              The room was filled with 100 percent American soldiers; no Mexican soldiers had been invited into this debriefing. It would have been foolish to bring in men who may be working for the powerful, wealthy cartels, so the Colonel wasn't taking any chances. His men he knew, and therefore they were the only ones he discussion the Intel with.

              When there were no questions, he continued: "Kerrigan, Perry, Lee, and Randall, you will be in the Blackhawk, 2 clicks back and up. So the men won't spot you. I want everyone else to already be lying in wait in Jigafra. If there is nothing further, get prepped. This operation goes down in 2 hours. Dismissed."

              The men filed out of the room, but the Colonel held two back. "Smith, you and Dixon, wait up."

              Robert Smith and Moses Dixon held up as ordered and waited for the Colonel to gather his things and meet them at the back of the room.

              "You two will be undercover on this operation, in a car, following right along with the cartel men," the Colonel said in a gruff whispered tone.

              The two soldiers side-glanced each other, knowing this wasn't supposed to be the plan as laid out by the joint US-UN Task Force earlier in the day, but the only thing both Dixon and Smith said when the Colonel laid out his undercover plan was, "Yes'sir."
            • Sam
              Message 6 of 27 , May 20, 2012
                Who: Tad Thomas, Michelle Laurent

                Special OPS Team: Angel Ramirez, Jake Whetu, Charles "Chuck" Taylor, Jason Calvin, Wendy Luang, P. Tony Pyke, Daniel Price, Wilma Ripley-Whetu, Carlos Tarago, Diana Bertram, and and Introducing Michelle Laurent!

                Codenames: Angel, Ahab, Bad Karma, Gears, Ghost, Patch, Apollo, The Suit, Hammer, Chameleon, and Introducing Moriarty!

                Where: Mexico City, Mexico
                Location: US Embassy
                When: 2:34 pm (Central)

                Locations:
                Anjela Ramirez, Angel - El Hefe Rebel Camp
                Carlos Tarago, Hammer - El Hefe Rebel Camp
                Michelle Laurent, Moriarty - Mexico City

                Charles "Chuck" Taylor - At Casa Escondido
                Diana Bertram, Chameleon - At Casa Escondido
                Jason Calvin, Gears - At Casa Escondido
                Wendy Luang, Ghost - At Casa Escondido
                Jake Whetu, Ahab - At Casa Escondido
                P. Tony Pyke, Patch -At Casa Escondido
                Daniel Price, Apollo - At Casa Escondido

                Michelle no longer looked tired or exhausted or any of those things. Her eyes lit up briefly and she'd seemed to perk up, to gain some of her energy and color back. If Tad's eyes were on her, she kept looking hangdog, but this was too much fun. Got them. Boss Lady? Codenames? The way Tad froze when Michelle brought up the crazy Latina? She'd stumbled on some kind of unit. And, from the way Tad mentioned "Boss Lady", she had a hint-- not much, but a hint-- of whose

                Whoever Angel was, she was very important to someone. And if Michelle was correct, this particular someone was one she'd wanted to meet for a long, long time, ever since she'd picked her at that museum in Vienna. Michelle allowed herself a tiny smirk at that. Finally, face-to-face with her nemesis. Well, let's be fair, it was all manufactured, but they'd never really met each other, so this was a new thrill for Michelle. And Michelle liked new thrills.  It was the whole reason she did this in the first place.

                "Are you sure you wanna have this conversation in front of me?" she asked, doing her best to look confused. "And why wouldn't she like the info coming from a vacationing dancer? Is there some kind of prejudice I don't know about?" Her face hadn't gotten out to anyone, period, so it wasn't like they knew what she looked like. She'd made sure of that. All except one person...
              • Fetty
                Message 7 of 27 , May 25, 2012
                  Who: Jake Whetu

[...]

                  Jake had seperated from his wife to let her have some privacy while she did her thing on the phone. Wilma did the team's wheeling and dealing. How could Jake not love a gal who walked the walk, and talked the talk?

                  He was checking the team sidearms and primaries, before loading the live ammo and hardware on the helcopter they procured for the mission. Although he had a pretty good rank in the team he wasn't use to being anyone's go to guy. So he was pretty surprised that he had a call from Thad, or Boy Scout as he was aptly codenamed.

                  "Well right now, I think we could use all the intel we can get, Boy Scout. How bad can the source be?" Jake was pretty sure Wilma would risk a cartel rat to get Angel back.

                  "Do you need back up?" he asked in a measured tone thinking somehow the younger man might be in over his head. He could hear someone flapping their gums in the background, sounded like a woman. "Cause if you don't, dig in your claws and bring in your informant. I'll deal with the head lady when the shit hits the fan."

                  If the snitch was a trap, might as well take them with 'em. Thad had to get his head back in the game at some point, and they had to get to Carlos and Angel as quick as possible. Can't take the chance of passing up finding the pair.
                • mississppiqueen
                  Message 8 of 27 , May 29, 2012
                    Who: Tad Thomas, Jake Whetu, Michelle Laurent

                    Special OPS Team: Angel Ramirez, Jake Whetu, Charles "Chuck" Taylor, Jason Calvin, Wendy Luang, P. Tony Pyke, Daniel Price, Wilma Ripley-Whetu, Carlos Tarago, Diana Bertram, and and Introducing Michelle Laurent!

                    Codenames: Angel, Ahab, Bad Karma, Gears, Ghost, Patch, Apollo, The Suit, Hammer, Chameleon, and Introducing Moriarty!

                    Where: Mexico City, Mexico
                    Location: Casa Escondido
                    When: 2:40 pm (Central)

                    Locations:
                    Anjela Ramirez, Angel - El Hefe Rebel Camp
                    Carlos Tarago, Hammer - El Hefe Rebel Camp
                    Michelle Laurent, Moriarty - Mexico City
                    Charles "Chuck" Taylor - At Casa Escondido
                    Diana Bertram, Chameleon - At Casa Escondido
                    Jason Calvin, Gears - At Casa Escondido
                    Wendy Luang, Ghost - At Casa Escondido
                    Jake Whetu, Ahab - At Casa Escondido
                    P. Tony Pyke, Patch -At Casa Escondido
                    Daniel Price, Apollo - At Casa Escondido

                    Tad was staring across at Michelle Laurent, spouting off: "Are you sure you wanna have this conversation in front of me? And why wouldn't she like the info coming from a vacationing dancer? Is there some kind of prejudice I don't know about?"

                    While he was also listening to Jake Whetu on the cell. "Do you need back up? Cause if you don't, dig in your claws and bring in your informant. I'll deal with the head lady when the shit hits the
                    fan."

                    Tad sighed, "Roger that, Ahab." He hung up with Whetu and was about to suggest that Michelle come with him, when out of the corner of his eye he spotted one of the cartel's men. He had seen the dark blue SUV circling the neighborhood, but ignored it until it suddenly turned down their street - Calle Iriguez - heading in their direction.

                    Tad glanced at Michelle, offering her his arm, as if they were friendly. "Navy blue SUV, 9 o'clock. Let's be friends before we get dead."

                    "Navy Blue isn't really the cartel's color," Michelle responded. "And really, why would they want me dead? It's not like I saw anything..." She would play the innocent as long as he could. "But all right, let's go."

                    Tad took Michelle's arm in his, and instead of heading to the US Embassy as he was instructed by Wilma, he followed Whetu's advice and headed down an alley, so they could cut across and head back to Casa Escondido.
                  • mississppiqueen
                    Message 9 of 27 , May 29, 2012
                      Who: Wilma Ripley-Whetu, and special guest star, Seamus Shaw of Vengeance Unlimited!

                      Special OPS Team: Angel Ramirez, Jake Whetu, Charles "Chuck" Taylor, Jason Calvin, Wendy Luang, P. Tony Pyke, Daniel Price, Wilma Ripley-Whetu, Carlos Tarago, Diana Bertram, and and Introducing Michelle Laurent!

                      Codenames: Angel, Ahab, Bad Karma, Gears, Ghost, Patch, Apollo, The Suit, Hammer, Chameleon, and Introducing Moriarty!

                      Where: Mexico City, Mexico
                      Location: Casa Escondido
                      When: 2:41 pm (Central)

                      Locations:
                      Anjela Ramirez, Angel - El Hefe Rebel Camp
                      Carlos Tarago, Hammer - El Hefe Rebel Camp
                      Michelle Laurent, Moriarty - At Casa Escondido
                      Charles "Chuck" Taylor - At Casa Escondido
                      Diana Bertram, Chameleon - At Casa Escondido
                      Jason Calvin, Gears - At Casa Escondido
                      Wendy Luang, Ghost - At Casa Escondido
                      Jake Whetu, Ahab - At Casa Escondido
                      P. Tony Pyke, Patch -At Casa Escondido
                      Daniel Price, Apollo - At Casa Escondido

                      "Nick Garcia. Nico Garza. Nikolai Groesch. Nicci Garbanzo. Massimo Ambrosino. Jay Moreno. Juan Villanobos De la Vega. Stefan San Sebastian. Charles David Devonshire III. And those are the names that we know about," Wilma finished reading. "Most people contract with him under the alias of Nick Garcia, though no one can confirm that that is his actual name. And if they aren't calling him Garcia, they are simply calling him `The Lover' of all fool things."

                      "I love this guy," Seamus said with a laugh. "I just love him. I gotta have him."

                      Wilma sighed. "Seamus, are you sure you're not getting in, just a bit, over your head on this one," she said over the line. In the background someone was humming, and Seamus would bet dollars to donuts, it was that tribesman she married. "Maybe you need to step back and look at this, from another angle."

                      "I love that you worry, Wilma," Seamus said with a small smile, he turned to glance back at the ladies he left sitting at the dining table. "But Indira and I know what we're doing."

                      At the mention of Indira's name, Wilma harrumphed, literally over the line. Seamus's smile widened. "Need I remind you of the state you were in when Randall found you boozing up that bar in Dublin?"

                      "You need remind me of nothing, Mrs. Whetu," Seamus said, letting a chill seep into his voice. Then he let it go. "Thank you, Wilma, for your advice and your concern. But neither is needed, just your information."

                      Wilma sighed. "Fine, Seamus, you're a big boy," she said. "Just remember, there's always a bigger fish."

                      "Quoted like a proud Scotsman, and my favorite actor coincidentally," Seamus said with a smile. He wondered when Wilma had time to take in a Star Wars film – probably sometime recently with her barbarian husband.

                      "How's the team?" he asked suddenly. Seamus was tempted to ask about Wendy directly, but he was trying to be discrete, what with Wilma on the phone with him, literally listening for clues.

                      "Like they always are," Wilma said just before hanging up, adding, "On the right side of the law. Can you say the same?"

                      Seamus gave a laugh as Wilma hung up on her. She did have a way of digging it in. He returned to the table, and to Sarah and Mona. "So where were we?"
                    • Sam
                      Message 10 of 27 , May 30, 2012

[...]

                        It didn't take long for Michelle to figure out what was going on. And it took even less for her to realize pencil-neck was probably not acting in her best interests. Hell, she knew that from the get-go. And unless they were taking the long way away to the Embassy, she knew that this was not, so very very very very not good. She'd been in the same situation before. A pity about that Mossad agent, but what had to be done had to be done. This one didn't look like she'd need a cocktail skewer to deal with, though.

                        For a few moments, she let him lead, let him think he was in control, and then all at once, she slipped out of his grasp and used the momentum to trip him forward towards a wall and bolt. "Sorry!" She wasn't, really. It just felt like the right formality to use at the time. Before he could catch up to her, she darted through the streets, bare feet slapping the pavement, bouncing off of walls and slipping through alleyways until she was right back in front of that embassy. And before anyone could get to her, she'd slipped through the crowd, not even bothering to muscle her way through, and strolled through the doors of the embassy, looking a little disheveled but unhurt.

                        Once there, she immediately walked up to the reception desk, and smiled politely. "Hello, I'm here about a matter involving a kidnapped American? Probably law enforcement or something?" She didn't dare use the code names here, unless the receptionist waved her off. For now, she'd just play this as it lay. It was all according to her plan, anyway.

                      • goysu
                        Message 11 of 27 , May 30, 2012
                          Who: Diana Bertram
                          Where: Mexico City, Mexico
                          Location: Casa Escondido
                          When: 2:45 pm (Central)

                          Diana spent about 45 minutes with Donna Guevara in a quiet corner, and she learned a lot in that time. The woman sat with the Englishwoman, twisting her handkerchief in her hands as she spoke about herself and her life. Diana admired her, her determination, her courage, and she would do her best to convey that in her disguise.

                          She then stood up and took the bag she had hidden on the housekeeping cart. "Would you come with me to the bedroom, Donna?" she asked.

                          Donna Guevara followed Diana into one of the bedrooms with a puzzled look on her face. The frown deepened when she heard Diana's next request, "Now, please remove your clothes, switch dresses with me."

                          "¿Cómo? ¿Por qué?" Donna Guevara asked. (I beg your pardon? Why?)

                          Diana replied in Spanish, her accent as close as a British woman could get to the woman's accent, "Puedo mirar más que al igual que si me pongo la ropa." (I can look more like you if I wear your clothes.) Surprisingly Diana had nothing in her "bag of tricks" that was as elegant as what Donna Guevara was wearing right now. So in order to make this work, they would have to exchange dresses.

                          Donna Guevara was impressed with Diana's Spanish, detecting only the slightest British accent, and she could understand her explanation. Going into the bathroom, she changed out of her elegant yet sensible outfit.

                          The two women came out of the bedroom about a half-hour later. Diana sat down and waited for Wilma to get off the phone before she spoke, "Senora, do you believe you can get my husband back?"

                          tags