Mission 10: Australian Prison Break - We Have Contact

  • Jymm West
    Message 1 of 68 , Apr 7, 2011
      Team 1: Chuck Taylor, Patrick Anthony Pyke, Jason Calvin, Gavin Martin, Wendy Luang, and Winona Chase

      Codenames: Bad Karma, Patch, Gears, Creed, Ghost, & Two-Tribes

      Who: Tony Pyke
      Codename: Patch
      Where: Outskirts of Sydney
      Location: Belconnen Remand Centre
      Time: 12:08 pm

      "You know," he whispered to Pyke as they transversed the prison grounds. "Someone, either Shaw or Ripley, should institute some sort of extra training on the team's off hours. I mean you can tell who can handle themselves in a firefight and who might have some trouble."

      Pyke said nothing, merely making sure he kept Gavin in sight while scanning as they moved so no one hit them from behind. He was in "mission mode", only speaking when it was important.

      Gavin stopped at the side of one of the buildings. After peaking around the corner to make sure the coast is clear, he choked up on the barrel of his rifle and waved Pyke forward.

      Pyke took point and the two hustled across the quad towards the observation tower. They made it across without incident, but halted at the side of the tower where the entrance was located.

      "Same thing with a bar brawl," Gavin continued as he checked the sights and then knelt down to pick the lock on the door. "Like the one Kendall, my girlfriend, and I got into a few weeks back in Copenhagen."

      Pyke rolled his eyes and continued looking around as he listened to Gavin chatter. As many missions as this guy had been on, you'd think he understood about comm silence. Pyke shrugged, maybe this was his way of dealing with the anxiety.

      "Kendall is one hot spitfire, and she's practically a shadow on a mission," Gavin continued, working on the lock still. "But a bar fight? I might as well have been fighting with a 12-year-old girl. I was so worried about her, that I got clocked but good by a sucker punching asshat..."

      The lock on the door came open and Gavin paused to check his weapon before slowly pushing the door to the tower open. "Watch my six," he called back to Pyke in a whisper. "I'm going in."

      "Copy that!"

      Pyke saw Gavin eased inside checking left and then right before slippedinto the shadowy darkness of the tower's main floor, out of Pyke's sight. Pike came up to the door but didn't enter. It smelled musty inside, but then that was to be expected.

      "I think...unh!" Gavin's body shook for a moment, but he remained standing. "Ow," he said placing a hand on his stomach. "Did someone just punch me?"

      Pyke peered around the door, barely making out Gavin's figure in the darkroom. Something had caught the man's attention, but Pyke didn't know what.

      Gavin raised his hand and found it stained red with blood. "What the..." Looking down he saw that there was a red rose blooming out of his gut. "I...how odd."

      "What's odd?" Pyke asked in a voice barely above a whisper. "What did you see?"

      Pyke could see Gavin's body rocked again and again, though no sound. Someone with a silenced gun thought Pyke as Gavin hit the floor.

      Damn

      Pyke yanked the pin off of a flash-bang grenade with his teeth, counted to two and threw it inside the room. He then rolled clear of the doorway, tapping his headset as the flash bang went off.

      "This is Patch. We have contact, Creed down, Repeat Creed down!"
    • Fetty
      Message 68 of 68 , Aug 19 9:11 AM
        Who: Jake Whetu, Wilma Ripley
        Where: New Zealand
        Location: Te Maika
        Time: 1:30 pm

        Jake remembered why he never joined law enforcement and went for the military instead as he dealt with the locals. He and Ripley spent the next hour tangled in the process of clearing out Boom Boom and his boys, the paperwork involved, and getting in contact with anyone over in Australia.

        Even having the local cops call Wilma's sisters to give them some dumb down story on why they weren't where they were suppose to be. Not that it would save the couple from hearing about it later.

        Reality set in for Jake as he took in everything around him, staring at Wilma doing her thing with the cops and government agents that were swarming the area.

        Sure, they were still going to get hitched. Hell, couple of terrorists couldn't stop that. But they were never going to have the nice normal life, a quiet wedding, an uninterrupted honeymoon. Damn them, if they cut that short...

        It was just the lifestyle they chose, where they worked. Maybe that was why they were perfect for each other.

        An agent from the organization trotted up with a satphone, "We got word from the teams..." Whetu looked at the bare minimum report and frowned, they had lost Creed. One operator, exceptable for most missions, but he knew it wouldn't be for Wilma.

        (Thought I would just catch them up with the rest)