Mission 10: Australian Prison Break

  • mississppiqueen
    Message 1 of 68 , Jul 5, 2010
      Team: Chuck Taylor, Diana Bertram, Patrick Anthony Pyke, Jason Calvin, Carlos Tarago, Gavin Martin, Wendy Luang, Angel Ramirez, Sarah Lien & Seamus Shaw
      Codenames: Bad Karma, Chameleon, Patch, Gears, Hammer, Ghost, Angel, Pandora, & Irish

      Who: Wilma Ripley, Seamus Shaw, Sarah Lien and Angel Ramirez
      Where: Sydney, Australia
      Location: Sydney Airport
      Time: 10:32 PM

      "The nice thing about having your own private jet, is that you don't have to go through airport security and customs," said Wilma as she and Jake Whetu said their good-byes to the rest of their team mates, who were getting off the jet in Sydney, while they were continuing on to Auckland Airport.

      Angel came up and hugged Wilma. "Have fun, and see you at the wedding," she said to her boss.

      Wilma smiled. "You will do fine," she said to her assistant. "You know exactly what you're doing. Don't worry."

      Angel gave her a weak smile. "I know," she whispered, but she lacked the confidence in her voice. "You give me big shoes to fill."

      Angel then walked off. Seamus came in and offered his hand to Wilma. "I'll keep you updated with daily progress reports."

      "Thanks, Seamus," Wilma said with a nod. She would appreciate that. Then Seamus leaned in. "If you change your mind..."

      "I won't," Wilma said quickly, squashing that thought in the bud. "Take care of my people."

      "Our people," Seamus reminded her, and then stepped back.

      Wilma glanced over at Jake and the jet's pilot planning the flight to New Zealand. So she turend and listened in to the conversation going between Seamus and the team.

      "Now remember your assignments," Seamus was telling the team. "Team One: Chase, Luang, and Tarago, will come with Angel and I to the G20 summit. You'll each be given a 12-member security team at the summit. Chase, you vet the people coming in; make sure all the people are who they say they are. Luang, you will handle security detail for each of the meeting. Nothing happens in those meetings without your prior authorization. And Tarago, I want your security team doing sweeps of every floor, all the time."

      Seamus turned to Diana and Sarah. "Team Two: Bertram, Lien, I want you with me in the situational room, monitoring everything that goes on. Work in shifts if you have to. Bertram, you've been briefed on working the face recognition software. Use it. Lien, you will be our on the ground researcher tackling all the possible targets. Coordinate the two teams from the situational room."

      "Shifts," Sarah chuckled. "Okay, sure."

      Considering she got three hours of sleep a day (in half an hour increments) and her veins were more caffeine than blood, she figured shifts were for the laypeople not used to staying up for weeks at a time.

      "Right, got it. I'm kinda used to this sort of thing by now." Sarah said. It was rare that she did much of anything but sit around. At least this time she wouldn't be saddled with as many people asking her what to do or take side jobs for them while she was busy keeping their asses out of the fire. "Anything else I need to know?"

      "Not now, but there will be a more thorough briefing once we are in the situational room," Seamus said and then turned to the rest of the team. "Team Three: Calvin, Martin, Pyke, Taylor, and Hart. I want you on the ground at Belconnen Remand Centre, that possible prison where Boggs might be holed up. We don't know why he would be interested in a closed-down abandoned prison, but it's first your priority to find out."

      Seamus glanced at Wilma again with a nod, before turning to the team again. "Keep the communications on, use codenames at all times, and remember to check in with the team leaders on a hourly basis. Alright, head out."
    • Fetty
      Message 68 of 68 , Aug 19, 2011
        Who: Jake Whetu, Wilma Ripley
        Where: New Zealand
        Location: Te Maika
        Time: 1:30 pm

        Jake remembered why he never joined law enforcement and went for the military instead as he dealt with the locals. He and Ripley spent the next hour tangled in the process of clearing out Boom Boom and his boys, the paperwork involved, and getting in contact with anyone over in Australia.

        Even having the local cops call Wilma's sisters to give them some dumb down story on why they weren't where they were suppose to be. Not that it would save the couple from hearing about it later.

        Reality set in for Jake as he took in everything around him, staring at Wilma doing her thing with the cops and government agents that were swarming the area.

        Sure, they were still going to get hitched. Hell, couple of terrorists couldn't stop that. But they were never going to have the nice normal life, a quiet wedding, an uninterrupted honeymoon. Damn them, if they cut that short...

        It was just the lifestyle they chose, where they worked. Maybe that was why they were perfect for each other.

        An agent from the organization trotted up with a satphone, "We got word from the teams..." Whetu looked at the bare minimum report and frowned, they had lost Creed. One operator, exceptable for most missions, but he knew it wouldn't be for Wilma.

        (Thought I would just catch them up with the rest)