Re: Mission 6/7: The Hunters and the Hunted - Rescuing Dr. Chinua

  • Kris
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 1, 2009
      Team 2: Grimm, Carlos, Chase, Gavin, Kendall
      > Codename: Reaper, Hammer, Two-Tribes, Creed, & Cat
      > Where: Geneina, Darfur
      > Location: The Mercantile
      > When: 6:08 p.m.

      After fighting his way there, with Kendall at his side firing off her gun every now and then, Carlos finally arrived at the African Mercantile.

      "Where's Creed?" Carlos asked Kendall.

      Immediately she began to scan the area for her former lover, now partner, but she saw nothing. Silence hung within her midst, as she too watched from over Carlos' shoulder. "I," she began to asnwer, but paused to give him one more crucial second to show, "I don't know." She finally answered, fearful.

      As he spun in the HumVee, looking around corners and trying to look into shots to see if he could not only find Gavin, but also if there were emeny combatants about.

      "Don't tell me, we missed all the fun?" Carlos asked glancing Kendall's way. "What say you?"

      "Apparently we have." she huffed a bit, it seemed the two were always left in some sort of a predicament together. Was that a sign? Kendall pondered for a moment, but then shook it off. Carlos had obviously had a change of heart since saving her from the frozen waters, or so he seemed too.

      "So now what?" She questioned from just behind him.
    • David Power
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 2, 2009
        Team 2: Grimm, Carlos, Chase, Gavin, Kendall
        Codename: Reaper, Hammer, Two-Tribes, Creed, & Cat
        Where: Geneina, Darfur
        Location: The Mercantile
        When: 6:08 p.m.
        Suddenly two figures grappling burst through the dried wood that provided a sort of brittle and primative lattice for a window from the clay and mud walled building closest to where Kendal and Carlos were standing.  A cloud of dust from the destroyed cover followed the two men as the rolled and then seperated, coming cleanly to their feet.

        Creed stood with his back to his partners as his grappling opponent came to his feet.  Gavin didn't bother mussing a hand against the smear of blood that covered his right temple from a cut hidden somewhere under his sweat stained hairline.  The assualt rifle hung loosely at his back and instead of reaching for that or one of the sidearms in a thigh holster, the former SEAL reached up to a shoulder and pulled a wicked knife from its casing near his shoulder.

        The man in front of him was already yelling in the rapid staccato of his native dialect.  It was clearly a local guard who was in less than stellar condition.  The khaki shirt had been torn open to bear a chest on which was drawn a long thin line of blood.  Even as the guard screamed his orders two of his companions leap clear of the window and entered the fray.

        However, before any of them could get their various weapons pointed directly at him, Gavin was among the three men.  He ducked under the wild punch of the first man.  There was a flash of light and he went down, screaming and clutching at a leg that had suddenly collapsed under his weight.  The knife switched hands and swung upwards, burying itself up to the hilt in the soft flesh behind the next guard's chin.  Reflexes of the drying man twitched and send a spattering of AK-47 fire skyward as he fell backwards.  The final opponent swung his rifle inwards towards Gavin who was spinning back towards him.  Creed's gloved hand closed over the barrel and shoved it backwards.  The bullets splattered outwards, slamming into the guard that was attempting to clutch at the knife buried in his neck.  The weapon twisted upwards, leaving the remaining guards grip with a yank.  Creed spun it, the strap closing over the man's body tightly.

        Then the SEAL had the silenced H&K in his grip.  Without hesitation he pulled the trigger, sending two rounds into the trapped guard's chest.  The form slumped and fell forwards.  Gavin turned and allowed him to fall towards the ground with a soft thud.  He ignored the last living soldier who was crawling away up into the alley.

        His steely eyes fell on Kendall and then Carlos as he moved purposefully towards the vehicle without explaination.  The SOCOM was already holstered and he had the assualt rifle in his grip again.  Now the extent of his injuries were more apparent, or at least their location.  The form fitting shirt had been torn away at his left shoulder and a long, think smear of drying blood mingled with dirt stained his tan skin all the way down to his shoulder.

        The pain he was feeling was shoved roughly downwards, it would be there when they were done, "Two Tribs and Reaper are going to need pickup."

        His breathing was being tightly controlled as he regained composure from the fight.  Gavin couldn't fight the urge to glance towards his former lover's face to make sure that she hadn't been hurt.

      • goysu
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 16, 2009
          Diana Bertram (Chameleon) with Team 3: Wilma Ripley (The Suit), Jake
          Whetu (Ahab), Seamus Shaw (Irish), Sarah
          Lien (Pandora), Dr. Rebecca Adams (Bones), & Jason Calvin (Gears)
          Where: Marrah Mountains, Darfur
          Location: Deriba Crater region
          When: 6:08 pm

          "Alright, anytime now..." Diana whispered under her breath. She was on
          the ground in front of one of the houses, dropped when all hell broke
          loose.

          She jumped when she heard the blasts echo through the small village, and
          it took her a few moments to realize it was coming from the other teams.
          The rebels were running all over, shooting in the directions of the
          blasts. She was starting to get up when she heard someone next to her,
          "Chameleon, get up!"

          Diana turned and noticed it was Wilma. She was helping Diana up, urging
          her to do something. "C'mon, we gotta move, Di!"

          Chaos reigned all over the village, the slaves were running from the
          blasts and the shooting. The rebels were trying to gain control again
          but couldn't. Even Diana was a little distracted in the confusion.
          Wilma's question about Dr. Chinua brought the mission back to her mind.
          She shrugged quickly, replying, "I never found that out."

          She looked around, looking for a way to get the information she needed.
          A group of women were fleeing from one of the houses, and she ran toward
          them, flagging them down. In English and French, two of the languages
          she knew, she asked, "Doctor, where is doctor?" The blank stares she was
          getting told her she wasn't being understood.

          Diana looked at her leader, "We're not getting anywhere." Then she
          turned to one in the group behind her, a small girl who looked 18
          pointed to the house, putting her fingers in her ears then putting a
          hand on her heart. It took her a few moments to decode the girl's
          communication. "The doctor is evidently in that house, are you well
          enough to backing me up?" She pulled a pistol from one of the dead
          rebels and slowly approached the house.

          tag the Suit and any
        • Cyn
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 20, 2009
            Who: SOP team members: Chameleon and Suit.
            Where: Marrah Mountains, Darfur
            Location: Deriba Crater region
            When: 6:08 pm

            "The doctor is evidently in that house, are you well enough to backing me up?" Diana pulled a pistol from one of the dead rebels and slowly approached the house.

            Wilma already had her gun out and was firing at the rebels who were now engaging openly in battle. "As ready as we'll ever be."

            Wilma paused for a second when she saw that more women had arrived on the scene in the form of Angel, Wendy Luang and the others. "C'mon, no time to waste."

            Wilma gestured to Diana's ear. "Let me have your ear piece," she said before snatching it. "Suit to All teams. The enemy is fully engaged here at the Deriba Crater. Send backup security forces now!"

            Wilma ducked her head inside and handed the ear piece back to Diana. "Move, move!" she said as she gestured to Diana. "C'mon!"

            Wilma didn't waste a second, moving out of their hiding space and out into the opening, firing as she went. The rebels were sufficiently distracted enough, so getting the jump on the two guards guarding over Chinua had been a snap, or rather a "bam" of gunfire.

            "Chinua!" she called as she pushed open the door.

            The good doctor was huddled on the floor. He looked up and saw Wilma and all her blonde, blue-eyed glory. "We're from the UN."

            "Thank God!" Dr. David Chinua cried out before scrambling to his feet. "Which way off this damn mountain!"

            Wilma looked back at Diana. "Get him to the woods and then round back to join up with your camp site. I've gotta go take care of the others and order in the airstrike."

            Then Wilma was back out into the fray.

            OOC: I love you guys, but you LOOOOOVEEEE dragging shit out! C'mon, this is an action RPG, so get your ASSES in gear!
          • goysu
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 20, 2009
              Who: Diana Bertram with Dr. Chinua
              Where: Marrah Mountains, Darfur
              Location: Deriba Crater region
              When: 6:15 pm

              Diana nodded when Wilma said she was ready to go in. Both of them were
              not at their best, but they were well enough to complete their mission
              and get Dr. Chinua out of there. They went in with guns blasting, taking
              care of the rebel guards, stopping only for Wilma to borrow her earpiece
              and order more backup forces.

              "Chinua!" she called as she pushed open the door.

              The good doctor was huddled on the floor. He looked up and saw Wilma and
              all her blonde, blue-eyed glory. "We're from the UN."

              "Thank God!" Dr. David Chinua cried out before scrambling to his feet.
              "Which way off this damn mountain!"

              Wilma looked back at Diana. "Get him to the woods and then round back to
              join up with your camp site. I've gotta go take care of the others and
              order in the airstrike."

              Diana nodded, holding out her hand for the doctor. "Doctor, come with
              me," she said to him, gently pulling him toward the door. She stopped
              long enough to take another gun from a dead rebel, then held out her
              hand to stop the doctor from going out into the fray. She took a look
              around, then asked, "Can you make a run for it?"

              Dr. Chinua nodded and Diana nodded back, taking one last look before
              quietly commanding, "Go, go, go!"

              The duo ran quickly for the woods near the back of the village, then
              Diana ran for the rocks above the village where her team's campsite was.
              Once there she began striking the camp as she spoke into her earpiece,
              "Ghost, Spartan, Angel, package is with me, packing up for home." She
              believed they would understand her code that she had Dr. Chinua and was
              striking camp in preparation for extraction.

              tag others
              OOC: I'm touched to be loved, dear, but I am not trying to drag shit
              out. Hopefully my posts have shown I've been getting my ass into gear.
              :)
            • XQA
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 21, 2009
                Team 2: Grimm, Carlos, Chase, Gavin, Kendall
                Codename: Reaper, Hammer, Two-Tribes, Creed, & Cat
                Where: Geneina, Darfur
                Location: The Mercantile
                When: 6:15 p.m.

                Carlos watched the fight with a precision of a killer who had been in more than his fair share of scrapes himself. Kendall looked as though she was watching the with her heart in her throat. But finally, Creed triumphed over his quarry and headed their way.

                "Two Tribs and Reaper are going to need pickup," he said.

                "Si, I was afraid you would say that," Carlos grumbled as he gestured for Creed to climb inside. "Strap in, this is gonna be a wild road, Mr. Toad."

                Carlos started for the open road, or what there was in this God-forsaken continent. He gestured to the glove compartment. "There's a first aid kit in there, Bonita," he said to Kendall. "You might want to patch up Creed."

                About halfway there, he heard, same as the others, Ripley's message about the mission.

                Keeping his eyes on the road, Carlos carefully scanned both sides of it as he made his way to Marrah Mountains, and to the rest of the team.

                "Be ready to pick up Chameleon, Chinua, and the rest of Team One," he informed the other two. "We might have to make a mad dash. Hopefully tyhe good doctor has discovered a cure while he's been imprisoned with Akello's men."

                What Carlos didn't say voice was his concern over what his CIA colleague Barney's role in the upcoming struggle of wills between the UN's and the CIA's agendas.

                OOC: Cyn, now would be a good time for our JP. Don't you think?
              • Kris
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 20, 2009
                  --- In globalSpecialOPSgroup@yahoogroups.com, "XQA" <lunar_hare_1999@...> wrote:

                  > Team 2: Grimm, Carlos, Chase, Gavin, Kendall
                  > Codename: Reaper, Hammer, Two-Tribes, Creed, & Cat
                  > Where: Geneina, Darfur
                  > Location: The Mercantile
                  > When: 6:15 p.m.

                  Carlos started for the open road, or what there was in this God-forsaken
                  continent. He gestured to the glove compartment. "There's a first aid kit in
                  there, Bonita," he said to Kendall. "You might want to patch up Creed."

                  Cat looked to Carlos, turning her attentions to him as he suggested her to help patch up Gavin. She nodded breathing deeply from the excitement and adrenaline that had just surged between them all. She slipped her petite form from the front seat to the back, "You okay?" Cat questioned, looking to Gavin with soft eyes. Working to situate herself, Carlos hit a rather rough patch of road, and jumbled her a bit. In reflex, she reach out grabbing to the strong arm of her former lover just to maintain balance.

                  He didn't wince when she grabbed the arm. The dryfit t-shirt was actually shining from blood that had been oozing from a shallow slice on the upper part of his shoulder. Gavin's jaw tightened just barely with the movement. His own fingers tightened about her trim waist to balance her over him, "I'm ok Kendall.." The dark gray eyes searched hers as she was held so easily before him.

                  Cat could have found herself lost in those eyes. This mere second in time, brought forth a flood of memories, mimicking the first moment the two had met. She could never forget smacking right into him as she left that art exhibit. Had he not reach that arm out for her then, she would have easily kissed the pavement. Shaking it off a bit, she glanced away from him, looking to his dampen shirt, "You sure?" she questioned, pulling forth his combat blade from its shoulder holster, and cleaning cutting the sleeve from his arm.

                  Wincing slightly, she looked back to him. "That is definitely going to need stitched up, and I'm no medic." After pouring alcohol over her hands, she carefully inspected the wound, parting it between her thumb and forefinger, "Yes, stitches." Turning her back to him, her hand still placed on his forearm for stability. Kendall searched through the small first aid kit for bandages. "Sorry, we are all out of GI Joe." she teased, grinning for the first time, in some time. Slowly she began to use steri-strips to pull and seal the stab wound together, until they could reach the medics.

                  Gavin kept his eyes on her face. Following her as she moved over him with a somewhat motherly nature. He knew that she felt the tension, but he didn't comment on it. He simply let the fingers loosen on his weapon and tried to relax back into the seat behind him. A tongue moved over dry lips and he finally turned to look at the wound she was inspecting, "I've had worse..." Creed turned his gaze back to her face and held it there. "Too bad, I'll just have to go with the Scooby Doo ones then.." It was rare to hear a joke from him.. even when they had been together..

                  Smirking a smiling reply, Kendall finished up with the bandaging, "There you go, good as new." Another bump knocked her off her feet and to her ass, "Hammer, I change my mind. You are entirely the worse driver I have rode with, including KadenÂ…" she paused, remembering her fallen friend, "God rest his soul." Since she had fell to a sitting position. She decided to just cross it up Indian style, and finish the ride out with Gavin.
                  Gavin rode through the bumps without comment. When they hit the bump and Cat made her comment to Hammer he just looked up and then reached out, helping to catch the curvy ex lover of his. The wound hurt yes, but there was the high catch of excitement filling his shoulders and chest as she took the seat next to him. Instinctively he pulled his sidearm and checked it over, moving expert fingers over the slides and mechanisms. He wanted to wince as he realized that he had more than broadcast his nervousness to the woman next to him. She knew his habits.. he could face walls of bullets.. but the effect she had on him...

                  Kendall pulled her knees into her chest, locking her forearms around them, and sighed. She was sore, tired -no- exhausted. Her chin fell to rest on her knees, before she attempted to sooth his odd nervousness, or perhaps add to it, by leaning against his good side. Her head rested against his defined shoulder, ushering memories once again back into her thoughts.

                  Gavin didn't really think as the firearm found its holster at his thigh. An instant later and arm hard wrapped itself about her shoulder comfortably.. reassuringly.. Just like things hadn't changed... like they weren't in the back of a hummer in a third world country. Like he wasn't beat up and just out of a firefight. Lips, moving on their own pressed to her temple.

                  Cat's eyes closed as she felt the security and comfort of his arm around her once more. It felt as if a weight that had been lingering since that fateful night, had been lifted off her shoulders and replaced with the feathery touch of heaven. Her eyes didn't reopen until he gently kissed her temple. She flinched as it caught her by surprise, her heart began to race, and for a moment she thought she would faint. But rather than play the dramatic card, Kendall, simply let it be. Shifting her body just slightly to snuggle into him if but for a moment of past's peace.
                • goysu
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 25, 2009
                    Who: Diana Bertram with Dr. Chinua
                    Where: Marrah Mountains, Darfur
                    Location: Deriba Crater region
                    When: 6:30 pm

                    "Come on, any time now, I'm ready to go home..." Diana whispered. She
                    turned to the doctor and smiled, "I'm sure they're on their way. "

                    And she was ready to go home and rest for a while. Her head was spinning
                    a bit, not fully recovered from her concussion in Alaska. She wanted to
                    go to her estate in Surrey and rest, maybe bring James there. She knew
                    he loved to ride horses, they could ride her course...

                    She heard a vehicle and looked down to the valley below her vantage
                    point. "Our ride's here," she said, waving to the vehicle.

                    Diana got in the back of the vehicle and helped the doctor get inside.
                    She noticed one of her teammates, Creed, she remembered after a moment,
                    was wounded and took the first aid kit. "Let me help you," she offered
                    not only to Creed, but anyone who was wounded. She looked at the doctor,
                    who quietly took the kit from her and took the initiative to work on the
                    wounded.

                    tag any and all