Re: Mission 7: The Hunters and the Hunted

  • James
    Message 1 of 165 , Jan 2, 2009
      Team 2: Grimm, Carlos, Chase, Gavin, Kendall
      Codename: Reaper, Hammer, Two-Tribes, Creed, & Cat
      Where: Gharb Darfur,
      Location: Enroute to Geneina
      When: 12:45 p.m.

      "Well, Reaper." Kendall crossed her arms, "Be a leader, you want
      Creed," Cat couldn't help but give Gavin another look, and then
      quickly refrained flattering him. "or me? I personally don't care
      either way, but if you are going to lead us. I suggest you start
      doing so."

      Looking between the two, Grimm answered "Neither one; I'll wear the
      goggles and walk ahead of the jeep. All those years in ReCon should
      pay off" he said with a emotionless face, than, handed out orders.

      "Hammer, Cat, back to the jeep; tell Tribes and Creed to keep keen
      eyes out, and as for you Cat, here" as Reaper handed her the other
      half of a two-way radio.

      "I'll get on the horn every fifty feet for the all clear; everyone
      understand?" he asked.

      tags
    • Cyn
      Message 165 of 165 , Jul 25, 2009
        Who: Seamus Shaw (Irish)
        Where: Darfur Refugee Camp
        Location: UN Communication Tent
        When: 6:39 p.m.

        Seamus Shaw came out of the tent barking orders. "We got incoming!" he yelled to a couple of security officers running across the area directly in front of the tent. "St. Gerald, Johanssen, make way for the team's return."

        "Yes, Sir."

        Seamus turned and started for the massive tented hospital. "Chinua's on his way back," he said to one of the nurses there. "We also got other incoming wounded."

        "I'll set them up away from the sick, Sir," said one of the African nurses. Her white headwrap was askew on her head, and she was bleeding from a headwound.

        Seamus moved to help her, but she held him off with a hand. "No, Sir, do not touch me," she insisted. "I'm HIV position."

        Seamus nodded taking a quick step back. "Why are you still working?"

        "Who else will, if I do not," said the nurse holding her head high.

        But as Seamus stepped back further, he noticed she was interacting with anyone else physically, just giving out orders to the other nurses and medical staff.

        Seamus suddenly had more respect for her, to be able to deal with the facts about her life, and eventually her death, and still work to help others, he admired her tenacity.

        But he couldn't take long to admire it. He had to move on. Gears was standing outside, talking to someone over his short-range radio.

        "Someone give me a destination," he was calling. "A little support would be nice." Bullets shot by him as he ducked and weaved.

        Seamus lifted his .45 and shot at the lone rebel still firing as he tried to flee. Shaw nailed him in the arm.

        "They don't like being shot at, do they?" Gears commented.

        "No, they sure as hell don't," Shaw said with distain. "But they never do. Bullies always like being the ones inflicting the pain, but never on the receiving end."

        Seamus shook his head as he called to more security officers. "Someone go take out the trash," he said in his thick Irish baroque.

        The radio cracked with more statis and Sarah Lien's voice came over loud and clear.

        "Okay, so when do we pack up and go home? I mean, I like hanging around here as much as the next disaffected sunlight-hater, but I have some vested interests that I'd like to get back to..." said the hacker. "Not complaining or anything, just asking..."

        Seamus smiled to himlself. "You know what they say, Pandora," he quipped moving across the area. "Ask and ye shall receive...C'mon in, Team. This mission is over."

        END MISSION