Re: Mission 5: Worst Case Scenario - The Action Begins! (TAG ALL)

  • XQA
    Message 1 of 65 , Aug 1, 2008
      Who: Carlos Tarago
      Where: Little Port Walter, Alaska
      Location: LPW Boat House
      Time: 6:45 a.m. (Alaska)

      Carlos was tired of getting shot. In his entire 10-year career as a
      CIA spook he had been shot no more than four times, but in his short
      career as a Special OPS operative, he had already caught up with that
      number.

      Carlos craddled his shoulder as he fired back at the pinned thieves
      near the boat dock. He had seen Pruitt hustle faster than he thought
      possible into the boat house, while the other two had gotten pinned
      down near the docks.

      Carlos was trying to crawl away while still firing when Grimm came
      upon the scene and pulled him out of enemy fire.

      "Come on man, time to be heros," Reaper said to Carlos as he helped
      him up.

      They ran for cover and Carlos noticed that Reaper's bullets shreded a
      lot of the dock as he fired. Armor-piercing bullets, Carlos thought,
      and in a Glock too.

      Carlos was impressed. Armor-piercers in a pistol were not as
      effective as they would have been in heavy weaponry, or even in a
      rifle, but the rounds were good enough to slice through body armor
      and even one-inch thick steel. Reaper's rounds sliced through the
      wood of the docks pretty easily before getting lodged in the thicker
      steel.

      "Better watch those rounds around the gas tanks, Hombre, or we'll all
      be toasty critters, no?" Carlos said as he leaned against the wall
      they were taking refuge.

      When Reaper saw they were untying a boat, he shot around there,
      hiting the engine area with one of the bullets, which damaged it so,
      causing it to leak out fluid.

      "Go get Pruitt, I'll deal wth these two miscreants," Grimm said to
      Carlos, covering the demo expert.

      "Alright," Carlos agreed running for the boat house as Grimm laid
      down cover fire. Carlos glanced the way he was firing and saw the
      fuel leaking from one of the three boats tied down to the dock. He
      wasn't sure which one Grimm had hit, but if he kept firing that way,
      Carlos' dire warning would come to fruition.

      "Watch it, Reaper!" Carlos shouted back as he ducked into the boat
      house. He put his back to the far wall and aimed his Taurus out
      towards the darkness. "Give it up, Pruitt! We know what you've been
      up to and you're going down. The only real decision, mi amigo, is if
      you want to go quietly, or screaming for tu Mama!"
    • Cyn
      Message 65 of 65 , Aug 25, 2008
        Who: Seamus Shaw, Secretary Pierce
        Where: Little Port Walter, Alaska
        Location: LPW Loading Docks
        Time: 7:46 a.m. (Alaska)

        It had taken nearly 10 minutes for the wolves to realize the doors to
        the gate were open and that they were free, but once they knew, it
        took them less than 2 minutes to vacate the area.

        As the last of the wolves vanished into the night, Seamus caught
        Secretary Piece coming up behind him. "Is it done?" she asked.

        "Yes, we have Pruitt and the uranium," Seamus said with a nod. "Dr.
        Haven is seeing a medic. She has somehow been brainwashed. We're
        hoping to break through to her."

        "Any casualties?" Pierce asked as she surveyed the damage to the
        building. She shook her head. "Besides the research facility?"

        "Yes, we lost 4 team members," Seamus admitted. "As I told you on the
        way here. Ripley doesn't keep a very good house."

        "Yes, this does not reflect very well on her...leadership," Pierce
        admitted. "But I'm not convinced that you deserve the job either."

        "What do I have to do to convince you that I'm ready to take over
        Special Operations?" Seamus asked frowning.

        "You'll have to prove yourself," Pierce said with a definitely nod,
        as if she had just made up her mind.

        "How?" Seamus said eager to prove himself and hungry to take the
        project over as the new head.

        "The African campaign," Piece said simply. "Get Dr. Chinua and his
        cure for this mysterious illness back, bring down that bastard Akello
        Pogisa..."

        "The tribal warlord?" Seamus said surprised.

        "The one and only," Pierce said with a fierce look on her
        face. "Bring him in for trial for the numerous acts of genocide he
        has committed and the jobs yours."

        "Kinda of a tall order," Seamus said narrowing his brows.

        "It's a tall job, and if you want it, then you know what you have to
        do," was all Pierce said before turning and entering the building
        among a group of her security guards.

        "Where's Wilma!" Pierce bellowed as Seamus turned his face to absorb
        more heat from the rising sun.

        MISSION FIVE ENDS...