1944Re: Mission 14: The Final Frontier (The Debriefing)

  • mississppiqueen
    Aug 9, 2013
      Who: Anjela Ramirez, Scott Hastings, Carlos Tarago, Michelle Laurent, Cpt. Luang, Tony Pyke
      Codename: Angel, Gladiator, Hammer, Moriarty, Ghost, Patch

      Who: Angel, Captain Howard, Marshal Victoria Leland, and Drs. Cooper, Leonard, Rajesh, and Fowler.
      Where: Houston, Texas
      Location: NASA Space Center
      When: 10 am Wednesday

      "So, what's the stitch?"

      Angel smiled. "The stitch is this," she began now that all the principals on this mission had arrived, including the NASA people who were already sitting around the conference table. "We believe there might be a terrorist threat to the International Space Station."

      Angel let that information sink in before turning to Captain Howard. "This is Captain Howard, head of the astronaut training program here at NASA," Angel indicated the man in uniform. She then turned to the four scientists around the table. "And here we have Dr. Cooper, the head of the science division here, as well as Dr. Leonard, Fowler, and Rajesh, all of whom are working on projects that are slated for the next mission as well. They are also the ones who found both bodies. Captain, I'll turn it over to you now."

      "Recently here at NASA there have been two suspicious 'accidental' threats," Captain Howard clicked on the computer, bringing up the image of one scientist and one astronaut. "Major Winke, who is the female on the left, was slated to be the captain in charge of the next mission. The female scientist on the right is Dr. Penney, who was found two weeks ago drowned in the underwater simulation lab. Both were slated to go up on the next cosmonaut ride out of Russia to the International Space Station. Both deaths have now been ruled suspicious, though originally, Dr. Penney's wasn't."

      "If Dr. Penney's death was two weeks ago," asked Angel, "why didn't that death register as suspicious then?"

      "We thought it was an accident," said. Dr. Rajesh. "She was fond of swimming alone."

      "And accidents occur all the time," answered Dr. Cooper. "Now, please don't interrupt."

      Angel frowned but nodded for Captain Howard to continue.

      "Because Major Winke was a non-American, a Brit, and the International Space Station is by its very nature an international space, you've been called in from the United Nations, but on this mission, we here at NASA would also like to work with the US Marshals on this one as well."

      Angel hadn't been told about this. "I would like to introduce you to Deputy Marshal Victoria Leland."

      Dressed in a black shirt and red blouse, Vicki Leland walked into the room with a smile. "Hello, Everyone," she said looking around the table. Her eyes paused on Tony Pyke's face, and her smile dipped a bit, but she continued to look at everyone.

      "I'm looking forward to working with you all on this matter," Vicki said. "Hopefully, we will be able to solve this thing before any more loss of life happens."

      OOC: TAG others for reactions and questions
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic