New blog entry! Is face recognition reliable as a singular means of identification?

  • Glenn Alperin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6 6:28 PM
      Hi everybody!

      I ran across a story in the news a while ago which really got me
      thinking about this topic, and shortly after I read one story, I read
      another which discussed similar problems in a different context which
      seemed equally compelling to me. What came out of both of these was a
      desire to express how NOT being able to use facial recognition has
      given me some opportunities to develop relationships on a much deeper
      level, but more importantly, how it has forced me to develop coping
      strategies to prevent similar mistakes from occurring in my life. It
      should be no surprise that the likelihood of these kind of situations
      coming up for me is quite high, but how I handle them, I think, gives me
      an edge when compared to people less accustomed to making facial
      recognition errors. I hope you enjoy what I wrote.

      http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/face/201207/is-facial-recognition-reliable-singular-means-identification

      Please let me know what you think of it, either in the comments section
      of the blog, or by letting me know directly.

      --
      Glenn Alperin
      blankface@...