new blog entry: Mourning for my Lost Experiences

  • Glenn Alperin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2012
      Hello everybody!

      I just published my latest blog entry. Normally in these messages, I
      try to give a brief outline regarding what I have written about. In
      this particular case, I think the title, subtitle, and summary are a
      better description than I can give in an email message like this.

      Mourning for my "Lost" Experiences
      Letting go of what I never had.

      "As an infant, I had a traumatic brain injury resulting in
      prosopagnosia. As a child and teen, I experienced the trauma of an
      uncaring peer group. As an adult, I am starting to realize how much
      I have been effected by my positive and negative social experiences
      growing up. How do I make up for the positive peer experiences I
      never had? How do I mourn for that loss?"

      This is one of those pieces which began with a specific collection of
      thoughts about a particular experience I had, an experience I realized
      I have had before. Then I realized, as I was writing, that I had
      touched on something much deeper than I had imagined. As a result, the
      focus of this piece of writing also changed from how I had envisioned
      it. I think it is the longest piece I have written so far, but don't
      let that scare you from reading it.

      http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/face/201203/mourning-my-lost-experiences

      Please let me know what you think of it, either in the comments section
      of the blog, or by letting me know directly.

      --
      Glenn Alperin
      blankface@...