Re: [glasscollectors] whats up

  • Stephen Coulter
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 29, 2011
      Cherry Blossom has been heavily faked. I'm hesitant to say if yours is real or not, since I can't see the details well enough. From the little I can see I have my doubts.

      On 1/29/2011 1:17 PM, Danese Theisen wrote:

      Would anyone care to look at two items I have on ebay?  I believe the pink glass serving bowl is depression glass - don't know about the blue one -  if anyone knows the pattern, etc. and if my prices are too high, please let me know.  So far, no 'watchers'.

      Here are the item nos.   Pink Serving Bowl:    290527983242
                                         Blue Serving Bowl:    300519839500

      Thanks for any 'tips'.

      Danese Theisen
      PO Box 1147
      Inwood, WV  25402

      From: Devon Dow <dadow98@...>
      To: glasscollectors@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, January 28, 2011, 5:44 PM

      I agree about nothing much selling. . .   unless you want to give it away for almost free.  What is going on with glass collecting?    I picked up some Avon Cape Code plates - $2.00 a plate.    Last year the same plate was going for $10.00 and now $2.00 ! !    Maybe I ran across a really good sale?   Can't resell them - they are for someone we know that is trying to get another complete set of the dishware so each of her daughters will have a complete set.

      Maybe as Spring comes around there will be more activity in the group.   Those great garage sales and yard sales will soon be starting back up for the season ! ! !

      Take care
      Devon

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 29, 2011
        Danese,

        I have an inclination to believe the pink serving bowl is a reproduction.  I can not remember which picture, perhaps the third picture, gave off what I call a carnival glass shine.   Every time I see a repro piece of pink glass it gives off the same shine.  Also; the color of the glass seems to light/pinkish - original pieces were a bit darker in color.

        The blue serving bowl is ' beautiful ' !

        As far as prices - I would say they are in the 'norm'.   The pink bowl, if a reproduction, is priced too high.

        Good luck
        Devon

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 30, 2011
          Dan, I was hoping I would hear from you.  I had lost your email addy.

          You were always such a good source of information and so willing to help
          I do appreciate your kindness and insight very, very much.

          Thanks again and I hope that things are well with you.

          Take good care -

          Danese