Re: [glasscollectors] Heisey or other manufacturer

  • beverlyh4@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 7 5:21 PM
      The picture looks like a milk glass pin tray. made  in the nineteenth century with a gold trim that has turned dark with age.. I like these items as the early milk glass has lots of opalescent in it due to the  arsenic in the glass batch later formular were change and newer milk glass did nit have this opal edge, I have collected many of these items and removed the gold as I like the clearer edge and the opalescent will show up more. I know maybe I should not remove for age sake but they look cleaner to me. I have noted many have what I call a scroll edge. I know many company made early milk glass and early has the opal look and very few were marked. I feel this is not Heisey for the reason I have stated. I have bought items and only found one book that showed a larger tray same period and no name of co. mentioned. Do know Mckee made milk glass and have also seen some of the soap dishes and covered dishes made in other colors later . Know I was told my a very knowledgeable dealer that when dreeser sets had pin trays they are older and also read that imported dreeser sets from England had matching items with pin  trays and candle holders. bev4

      See what's free at AOL.com.
    • Norman Ketchie
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 7 5:58 PM
        --- In glasscollectors@yahoogroups.com, beverlyh4@... wrote:

        > The picture looks like a milk glass pin tray. made in the
        nineteenth
        > century with a gold trim that has turned dark with age.. I like
        these items as the
        > early milk glass has lots of opalescent in it due to the arsenic
        in the
        > glass batch later formular were change and newer milk glass did nit
        have this
        > opal edge, I have collected many of these items and removed the
        gold as I like
        > the clearer edge and the opalescent will show up more. I know maybe
        I should
        > not remove for age sake but they look cleaner to me. I have noted
        many have
        > what I call a scroll edge. I know many company made early milk
        glass and early
        > has the opal look and very few were marked. I feel this is not
        Heisey for the
        > reason I have stated. I have bought items and only found one book
        that
        > showed a larger tray same period and no name of co. mentioned. Do
        know Mckee made
        > milk glass and have also seen some of the soap dishes and covered
        dishes made
        > in other colors later . Know I was told my a very knowledgeable
        dealer that
        > when dreeser sets had pin trays they are older and also read that
        imported
        > dreeser sets from England had matching items with pin trays and
        candle
        > holders. bev4

        http://www.aol.com.

        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%
        3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270106612261&rd=1&rd=1
      • Ed Ardith Richter
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 10 2:52 AM

          Hi to all, my turn for ID help, I found a 32 oz pitcher, with a sliver(real) for get this 12.50, at a shop on Sat...boy did I hold on to this for dear life...have photo in Ardithann album...please help...it is Great...thank for your help all...we are going back to this shop this weekend....hoping for another treasure....Ardy Richter Milwaukee

          MSN is giving away a trip to Vegas to see Elton John.� Enter to win today.
        • brandy
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 10 8:27 AM
            Maybe I am looking in wrong album, but can't find anything posted since 1/27?
            Like to see your find!
            Regards,
            Brandy
            Hi to all, my turn for ID help, I found a 32 oz pitcher, with a sliver(real) for get this 12.50, at a shop on Sat...boy did I hold on to this for dear life...have photo in Ardithann album...please help...it is Great...thank for your help all...we are going back to this shop this weekend....hoping for another treasure.... Ardy Richter Milwaukee

            MSN is giving away a trip to Vegas to see Elton John.  Enter to win today.

          • charlie mantlow

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 10 9:23 AM
                I did not see a picture of the item you bought ( pitcher with silver)
                but I do know that unless it says sterling that this type of trim is
                platinum and was used on better glass and many were for use for
                serving liquor. I also note that many items on ebay the owners say
                polish the real silver rim and this cannot be done. I am awaare that
                many glass items have real silver for bases etc but if just a trim most
                would be platinum. bev4
              • shannon gardner

                  Hi to all, my turn for ID help, I found a 32 oz pitcher, with a sliver(real) for get this 12.50, at a shop on Sat...boy did I hold on to this for dear life...have photo in Ardithann album...please help...it is Great...thank for your help all...we are going back to this shop this weekend....hoping for another treasure.... Ardy Richter Milwaukee

                  MSN is giving away a trip to Vegas to see Elton John.  Enter to win today.

                  Shannon

                  Need Mail bonding?