Re: some questions

  • SPJUNKIES@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 1999

      <<
      The various cheats make your characters stronger (add hitpoints, add mana,
      etc.); give them special abilities (start flying, become invisible, etc.)
      and similar things. They're generally non-permanent; in other words, you
      use them for a burst of power, and your character reverts to "normal" after
      a time period.

      how do I choose which cheat I want?
    • Seth Mitchell
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 1999
        > how do I choose which cheat I want?

        In the registered version of Gladiator there is a text file (cheat.txt)
        explaining all of the cheats and what to do to enable/disable them.

        I'm not sure, but I believe the cheats only work in registered
        versions of Gladiator.

        --
        SgMitchell
        smitchell@...
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 1999
          >From: "Seth Mitchell" <smitchell@...>
          >
          >I'm not sure, but I believe the cheats only work in registered
          >versions of Gladiator.

          Yes, this is correct; the cheats are disabled in the shareware version of
          the game.

          --Tom
        • Daniel Paul Hightower
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 24, 2001
            I was working of HTML documentation for the scenario file
            specifications when I noticed the following:
            Obviously both Family_Stain and Family_Expand can't have the same
            values, so this is a typo?

            // FX families
            #define FAMILY_STAIN 0
            #define FAMILY_EXPAND 0
            #define FAMILY_GHOST_SCARE 1
            #define FAMILY_BOMB 2
            #define FAMILY_EXPLOSION 3 // Bombs, etc.
            #define FAMILY_FLASH 4 // Used for teleporter effects
            #define FAMILY_MAGIC_SHIELD 5 // revolving protective shield
            #define FAMILY_KNIFE_BACK 6 // Returning blade
            #define FAMILY_BOOMERANG 7 // Circling boomerang
            #define FAMILY_CLOUD 8 // purple poison cloud
            #define FAMILY_MARKER 9 // Marker for Mages Teleport
            #define FAMILY_CHAIN 10 // 'Chain lightning' effect
            #define FAMILY_DOOR_OPEN 11 // The open door
          • Deathifier
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 24, 2001
              There's nothing technically wrong with them being defined as the same.

              There is a problem if they are both used, and that really depends on what
              FAMILY_EXPAND is supposed to be - it looks like something that could be for
              the future (being named expand for expansion) and may not be used in the
              game.

              Would be nice to have it clarified though :)

              - Deathifier

            • johnnyoldschool@excite.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 29, 2001
                i bet expand is the slime thing where they grow

                Oldschool
              • Daniel Paul Hightower
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 29, 2001
                  --- In gladiator@y..., johnnyoldschool@e... wrote:
                  > i bet expand is the slime thing where they grow

                  That might be it. Interestingly enough, I didn't find anything
                  referencing for when the slime split. I'd expect two different
                  versions of expand - one for a small slime growing to a medium slime
                  and the other for a medium slime growing to a large slime.

                  Yo, Tom Ricket, any comments on this?