Tom Ricket on Myspace or something maybe?

  • ktcobra
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 13, 2008
      I'm not a Myspace kinda' person, but if someone here already has an
      account on there, would you mind doing some research to find out if
      he's on there? Maybe if he has a page or something available?
    • romypolo
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 16, 2008
        --- In gladiator@yahoogroups.com, "ktcobra" <ktcobra@...> wrote:

        > I'm not a Myspace kinda' person, but if someone here already has an
        > account on there, would you mind doing some research to find out if
        > he's on there? Maybe if he has a page or something available?

        I may have found him on facebook.
      • shigtree
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 13, 2008
          Yep, he's on facebook, I'm "friends" with him!

          --- In gladiator@yahoogroups.com, "ktcobra" <ktcobra@...> wrote:

          > I'm not a Myspace kinda' person, but if someone here already has an
          > account on there, would you mind doing some research to find out if
          > he's on there? Maybe if he has a page or something available?

        • alternate_dph
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 15, 2008
            Then can you ask him about the password issue? I'm stuck in limbo and
            wondering if we can let people know the password?

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 18, 2008
              Wow, I just noticed this group has 301 members!

              Anyway, I asked Tom Ricket this:

              sorry to bug you, but what's your stance on releasing the "Archer" password of the
              gladiator archive? Is it still important for you to keep this private?

              And he responded with this:

              Hi there!

              Sure, that's okay -- it's well past the time where we have to worry about people registering
              the game. :) Please feel free to share/post it as you like.

              Take care,
              Tom

              So there it is. Have at it.

              --- In gladiator@yahoogroups.com, "alternate_dph" <alternate_dph@...> wrote:

              > Then can you ask him about the password issue? I'm stuck in limbo and
              > wondering if we can let people know the password?
              >
              > --- In gladiator@yahoogroups.com, "shigtree" <shigekims@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Yep, he's on facebook, I'm "friends" with him!

            • Yan
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 19, 2008
                Truly a historic moment..

                Do you know which Tom Ricket is the right one on facebook? I'd like to
                add him as well.

                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 19, 2008
                  Finally, we can let people know the password and if anybody still has
                  the original registered version in a zip file, let us know.
                • ktcobra
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 19, 2008
                    Guys, I thought the latest downloadable version came with a readme file
                    already posting the password. I downloaded it from (I think) Abandonia.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 20, 2008
                      Yeah, the one from Silicon Valley.

                      --- In gladiator@yahoogroups.com, Yan <Zardus@...> wrote:

                      > Truly a historic moment..
                      >
                      > Do you know which Tom Ricket is the right one on facebook? I'd like
                      > add him as well.
                      >
                      > On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 7:27 PM, shigtree <shigekims@...> wrote:
                      > > Wow, I just noticed this group has 301 members!
                      > >
                      > > Anyway, I asked Tom Ricket this:
                      > >
                      > > sorry to bug you, but what's your stance on releasing
                      the "Archer" password
                      > > of the
                      > > gladiator archive? Is it still important for you to keep this
                      private?

                      > > And he responded with this:
                      > >
                      > > Hi there!
                      > >
                      > > Sure, that's okay -- it's well past the time where we have to
                      worry about
                      > > people registering
                      > > the game. :) Please feel free to share/post it as you like.
                      > >
                      > > Take care,
                      > > Tom
                      > >
                      > > So there it is. Have at it.
                      > >
                      > > --- In gladiator@yahoogroups.com, "alternate_dph"
                      <alternate_dph@> wrote:

                      > >> Then can you ask him about the password issue? I'm stuck in
                      limbo and
                      > >> wondering if we can let people know the password?

                    • Tom Ricket
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 21, 2008
                        Howdy, folks :)

                        Sorry if the password has been an issue for people. As I was quoted
                        earlier, please do feel free to share the password now. Heck, back
                        when we started programming Gladiator in the early/mid 90s, we never
                        thought about any of it living on in 2008 :)

                        I can also certainly find the original registered Zip file if it's
                        useful; just let me know.

                        Meanwhile, anyone is welcome to contact me through here, or e-mail
                        (tricket@... is the most constant), or Facebook (is there more
                        than one Tom Ricket? Hmm, must check that), or LinkedIn, or various
                        things like that. Luckily, "Ricket" is unique enough that a generic
                        Google search should generally get you in the right direction.

                        Take care,
                        Tom

                        wrote:

                        > Finally, we can let people know the password and if anybody still has
                        > the original registered version in a zip file, let us know.

                      • tevgames
                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 19, 2008
                          Just uploaded it to the group's files. :) Turns out I still have
                          the original disk and instruction folder Tom sent, and the decade-old
                          floppy still functions. That has to be some kind of record.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 2, 2008
                            Wow. That MUST be a record. lol I might have to save mine to a floppy
                            too. Good idea. Thanks.
                          • Yan
                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 2, 2008
                              What was the instruction folder like? I registered my copy online and
                              never got any instructions :-(