Re: [gladiator] Misc Questions

  • Cookie
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2000
      *coder mode on*
      >Basically, the above answer: the elemental's values are set based on its
      >owners; some part of the formula which determines how powerful it is ends
      >up "looping" over the maximum value.

      "Of course, since players should never have stats that high, it shouldn't
      be a problem." ;)

      And, of course, it's been documented now, so it's a FEATURE, not a BUG. ;)
      *coder mode off*

      -George "Cookie" Phillips
      AnimeNewsNetwork.com
      Editor-In-Chief
    • Tom Ricket
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2000
        >*coder mode on*
        > >Basically, the above answer: the elemental's values are set based on its
        > >owners; some part of the formula which determines how powerful it is ends
        > >up "looping" over the maximum value.
        >
        >"Of course, since players should never have stats that high, it shouldn't
        >be a problem." ;)
        >
        >And, of course, it's been documented now, so it's a FEATURE, not a BUG. ;)
        >*coder mode off*
        >
        >-George "Cookie" Phillips
        >AnimeNewsNetwork.com
        >Editor-In-Chief

        *grin* Yeah, basically :) There are actually a number of cases in which
        having stats above a certain level can make the game go goofy. We tried to
        pick out the ones that were most game-affecting (things like freezing time
        for an infinite duration, etc.), but there were always more that we just
        ignored :) Eventually, we played through the levels "normally" several
        times, attempting to get stats as high as possible. We made sure
        everything worked in those "normal" (ie, non-cheating, no
        special-levels-designed-for-exp-boosting) circumstances .. that way we
        could make sure we'd fixed anything players would find "in the normal
        course of the game," and we figured that anything else, players could do
        (and experience) as they like ;-)

        --Tom