Group policies/Gladiator related

  • alternate_dph
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2006
      As I have mentioned earlier, I have been thinking about this group.

      Right now, settings are such that non-members can post with posts by
      non-members being moderated. That's become problematic. Everyday,
      this group recieves quite a few pieces of spam coming from
      non-members, and frankly I don't have the time or inclination to track
      down where the spam is originating from. Deleting spam won't be a
      problem except every 2-3 days, it's 12 pending messages that are spam
      waiting to be deleted. I know yahoo groups has a setting where
      pending messages are automatically deleted within some days if they
      aren't touched. My original intent in letting non-members post was to
      remove obstacles for conversation. At this point, I think it's too
      much trouble to allow non-members to be able to post so I am changing
      settings back where only members can post.

      In other news, it's going to be a long while before I get back to work
      on my own scenario editor, unless a multitude of feedback shows up.
      Why? I am working on revamping a website to run off mysql and php.
      Right now, I'm guessing I have over 200 pages of data entry commands
      (and growing) (I'm in the middle of fixing some things so I can't
      exactly put all the data entry commands in a single file; last time it
      was in a single file - it was 168 pages of data entry commands.).
    • Bjorn Hansen
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2006
        I suspect you're right, there's not really a need to allow non-member
        posts; I'm betting there hasn't been one in a very long time.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2006
          Beforehand, the only reason to join this group was to download the
          files. With spam getting so bad, I'm having to go back on that to say
          you need to join the group to post and/or download the files.