Buenas Noticias

  • alternate_dph
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 7, 2006
      Good news, I just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching
      to . . .

      Just kidding.

      I got Jesse v.02 to read the data files created by James v.01. No
      known bugs in either program (although I could use more validation
      checks in James) and Jesse has a few . . ok, some . . uncoded
      functionality but they work. Bad news: I've only got the data for the
      1st 43 (out of 134 total) tiles saved as a data file for Jesse.

      aglswapbuffers, zardus - how are you guys doing? As soon as I get
      James compiled, I'm going to put it up as a tool for OpenGlad. With
      James around, you guys will be able to get rid of the hard-coded
      references to the information on the map tiles. Only thing I haven't
      worked out is using a file to avoid hard coding the smoother function
      for maps.
    • Sean Ford
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 11, 2006
        Unfortunately, not a whole lot has been happening on our front. Been
        real busy with classes and such.

        Awesome job with James. I look forward to checking it out.

        Sean

        > aglswapbuffers, zardus - how are you guys doing? As soon as I get
        > James compiled, I'm going to put it up as a tool for OpenGlad. With
        > James around, you guys will be able to get rid of the hard-coded
        > references to the information on the map tiles. Only thing I haven't
        > worked out is using a file to avoid hard coding the smoother function
        > for maps.

      • alternate_dph
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 19, 2006
          Only real (consistent and big) problem I have is vb.net doesn't like
          tga files. I can code a work-around where if the user selects a tga
          file, it doesn't try to show it on the form, but other than that I'm
          at a temporary loss. I'm upload the current code for James v.01 at
          sourceforge momentarily.

          Right now, by default, James uses bmp files, because I don't store the
          file extensions. That can easily be changed, though.

          --- In gladiator@yahoogroups.com, "Sean Ford" <aglswapbuffers@y...> wrote:

          > Unfortunately, not a whole lot has been happening on our front. Been
          > real busy with classes and such.
          >
          > Awesome job with James. I look forward to checking it out.
          >
          > Sean
        • alternate_dph
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 20, 2006
            I just finished doing all the data entry for information on the map
            tiles. Right now, I'm writing a module to produce an html file with
            all that information.

            I still got to write some more code to store how the current smoother
            program works and save it. (Entering the data for the smoother rules
            won't be near as bad as entering the data for all the map tiles; the
            rules are all in one place versus the data for the map tiles being
            scattered all over the place.)
          • alternate_dph
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 23, 2006
              I'm finally ready to compile James. I added a "Goto" record number
              button and put a checkbox for displaying images as a workaround for
              the tga file problem. As long as the button remains unchecked, you
              won't get a preview of the image, but you can add tga files (Or change
              the folder name to one that has the tga files :-).) Oh yea, the
              delete won't work.

              > I still got to write some more code to store how the current
              smoother program works and save it. (Entering the data for the
              smoother rules won't be near as bad as entering the data for all the
              map tiles; the rules are all in one place versus the data for the map
              tiles being scattered all over the place.)

              You guys saw the html files I created. Right now, priority #1 for me
              is compiling James the right way and then work on a way to store the
              rules for smoothing tiles out in a data file so I don't have to
              recompile my code every time we want to change the smoother rules out.
              I could fairly easily copy the code out that Iused to smooth tiles on
              a map and adapt it for the current program, but that's not what Jesse
              v.02 is about. Jesse v.02 is about building flexibility into the code
              that I have.
            • alternate_dph
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 26, 2006
                I've put a compiled version of James in the Open Glad tools area. The
                james1.dat file is in the files area over here, so you guys can have
                something to try out. I haven't had a real chance to 'study' the
                smoother rules to see about putting together a data file to handle the
                instructions. In fact, at this point, it appears that not hardcoding
                the smoothing rules into a program is fighting fate.

                I'm not sure of the dependencies James, v.01 will have, besides
                running under windows.

                *runs off to collect financial aid check for college*