Moderator's plans

  • alternate_dph
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2005
      Ok, I'm on break between my fall semester and spring semester of
      college and I will be so for a couple of weeks. I ended up with a B
      in vb.net 1.

      That gives me time to finish up some goals:

      1)get Jesse v.02 ready to compile for distribution
      2)get James v.01 ready to compile for disribution

      What's the heck Jesse v.02 and James v.01?

      James v.01 is an application for saving data about map tiles for
      Gladiator into a binary file.

      Jesse v.02 will use data files created by James v.01 to edit maps for
      the games of gladiator.

      How far long am I?

      I finally started to code James v.01 to get the data entry to work
      (moving it beyond just being a static gui). All I have to do is work
      out a file save format and I should be able to finish coding James
      v.01 rather quickly.

      What's the status of Jesse v.02?

      Obviously, it can't read the data files created by James v.01 since
      they don't exist. I gotta code both the Insert Row/Column feature and
      the Delete Row/Column feature for maps and that's where I'm stopping
      on new features. I, also, am going to try to put the thumbnail map
      features from Jesse v.01 into Jesse v.02. Obviously, from my pov at
      least, I can't put the thumbnail features from Jesse v.01 into Jesse
      v.02 until AFTER James v.01 is finished AND Jesse v.02 reads the data
      files created by James v.01.

      Is there any other stuff for gladiator that I'm thinking of working on?

      Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Yes. It's contigent upon how
      hard it is/will be to get James v.01 to work like I want it.

      Tell me more.

      Ok, since you wanted to know. When I started working on James v.01
      again, It occured to me the similarities between the data files that
      James v.01 will create and the fss files used to store the data about
      scenario files. I *might* be able to write a program to view the
      objects in a scenario file like you view records in a table in a
      database. Such a program is on the list of items potentially to be
      put on my backburner.

      What aren't you telling us?

      D'uh, my time is limited. I plan on attending a convention during the
      summer called "The Gathering of the Gargoyles" -
      http://www.gatheringofthegargoyles.com/ . It's an annual convention
      for those who love gargoyles the tv series. I'm paying for my way
      there as a present for myself for graduating college. I started to
      work on a gargoyles card modelled after yugioh except the cards
      reflect things from the universe of the gargoyles. As soon as I
      finish work on James v.01 and Jesse v.02, I plan on moving work on
      that card game from my back burner to my front burner. My goal is to
      have the game ready by the convention. I have a yahoo group for
      working on it - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/garg-card-game/ - but
      that's nothing for you guys to worry about. I only mention it to
      explain why I plan on stopping where I plan on stopping work on
      gladiator related programs.

      D'uh, I will be putting my source code at snowstorm's sourceforge webiste.
    • alternate_dph
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 21, 2005
        I'm almost finished with James. All I have to do is code an open file
        command, a delete button, and code some validation rules for saving
        the data and I'm done. Once that's done, it's a matter of doing data
        entry and compiling James and I'm done with James. Then I'll go back
        to work on Jesse.
      • alternate_dph
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 28, 2005
          Finally finished work with James, except for the Delete Record button.
          What took so long? Simple, I got my old pc running again (I had to
          buy a new keyboard) and that makes it much easier for me to move code
          from Jesse v.01 to Jesse v.02 (copying modules from vb to vb.net).

          Now, it's off to do the data entry in James and then make Jesse v.02
          use James's data.

          --- In gladiator@yahoogroups.com, "alternate_dph" <alternate_dph@y...>