some more openglad-e screenshots

  • Sean Ford
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2005
      Here are a couple more openglad-e screenshots that show what I have
      been working on in the past couple days, if anyone is interested:

      http://snowstorm.sourceforge.net/screenshots/openglad-e_two_levels.jpg
      http://snowstorm.sourceforge.net/screenshots/openglad-e_fourplayer.jpg

      The first screenshot is two players in a 640x480 window. The second
      one is four players, fullscreen at 1024x768.

      It may look like regular old Openglad/Gladiator but a lot of the code
      has been completely rewritten. Makes things a whole lot easier to work
      with. I cringe everytime I look through the original Openglad code
      since it is a mess. After all, it was pretty much just a port of
      Gladiator. We didn't try to make it clean, or alter the code structure
      so it inherited much of Gladiator's messiness. I am not dissing the FS
      guys (sorry Tom :), they did an amazing job considering they were
      working with DOS, but I doubt they thought other people would be going
      through their code years later. :P

      I am going back to UCSB tomorrow, but my class schedule is a lot less
      demanding than last quarter so I am planning on getting a lot done in
      the next couple weeks with Openglad-e.
    • Jonathan Maltezo
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2005
        hey, those are some really nice screenshots!

        If you need a graphic designer for monsters of
        backgrounds, e-mail me sometime and I might be able to
        create some new stuff.

        --- Sean Ford <aglswapbuffers@...> wrote:

        > Here are a couple more openglad-e screenshots that
        > show what I have
        > been working on in the past couple days, if anyone
        > is interested:

        http://snowstorm.sourceforge.net/screenshots/openglad-e_two_levels.jpg

        http://snowstorm.sourceforge.net/screenshots/openglad-e_fourplayer.jpg

        > The first screenshot is two players in a 640x480
        > window. The second
        > one is four players, fullscreen at 1024x768.
        >
        > It may look like regular old Openglad/Gladiator but
        > a lot of the code
        > has been completely rewritten. Makes things a whole
        > lot easier to work
        > with. I cringe everytime I look through the original
        > Openglad code
        > since it is a mess. After all, it was pretty much
        > just a port of
        > Gladiator. We didn't try to make it clean, or alter
        > the code structure
        > so it inherited much of Gladiator's messiness. I am
        > not dissing the FS
        > guys (sorry Tom :), they did an amazing job
        > considering they were
        > working with DOS, but I doubt they thought other
        > people would be going
        > through their code years later. :P
        >
        > I am going back to UCSB tomorrow, but my class
        > schedule is a lot less
        > demanding than last quarter so I am planning on
        > getting a lot done in
        > the next couple weeks with Openglad-e.

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • Jonathan Maltezo
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2005

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2005
            Thanks!

            Yeah, almost all the graphics need a major overhaul. As you can see
            from the screenshots, someone already sent us new grass tiles which
            look pretty nice.

            If you are interesting on working on the graphics, you can get all of
            them here, in targa format:
            http://snowstorm.sourceforge.net/openglad-e/opengl
            ad-e_graphics.tar.gz.

            Unfortunately, unless you run Linux, it may be hard to test them
            yourself since we havn't released any official binaries of Openglad-e.
            Of course, this will change when we get further along. We would
            appreciate any help though.

            --- In gladiator@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Maltezo <jonmaltezo@y...>