Gladiators Website?

  • Jonathan Maltezo
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1, 2004
      Hey, do you guys want me to create a gladiators website/forums? I can get free webspace since I am an application reviewer at illusionfxnet.com. Also, does anyone know how to edit .pix files? I can't seem to find any programs that do.

      What programs do you guys use to edit/compile openglad? I have no clue on what to do when compiling, so yeah. (Using Borland)

      Meh, I was hoping that open-glad would use bmp files so I could try adding new classes. Maybe someone can add multiplayer to it, I dunno.

      • aglswapbuffers
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2004
          Yan created a simple little program that can edit pixie files. The
          source file is "pixedit.c" and it can be found at:
          http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/snowstorm/openglad-enhanced/util/
          You should be able to compile it with Borland providing that you
          include the SDL libraries also.

          If you are interesting in modifying a lot of graphics, you should
          check out Openglad-Enhanced. I converted Openglad-e to use targa
          graphics so virtually any graphics editor can be used to work on the
          Openglad-e graphics. You can find all the targified graphics here:
          http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/snowstorm/openglad-enhanced/pix/.
          However, you would need to use Openglad-e which we havn't officially
          released yet. You can download the cvs version though. It is sort of
          buggy since we are currently working on it; however, it has full
          support for targa graphics, and ogg vorbis sound files. Yan has been
          working on implementing Lua scripting support. I think about half the
          specials are currently using Lua scripts. All the characters are
          defined in Lua scripts too which allows you to easily tweak them.
          Again, Openglad-e is still being developed and the cvs version isn't
          fully playable without crashing.

          Yan and I mainly use GNU software on Linux to edit and compile
          openglad. I personally use vim for all my coding. We use standard GNU
          make, autoconf, and gcc to compile openglad. Borland should be able to
          compile Openglad/-e as long as you have all the proper libraries
          (SDL,SDL_image,SDL_mixer and the Lua libs for Openglad-e).

          Sean
          http://snowstorm.sourceforge.net

          --- In gladiator@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Maltezo <jonmaltezo@y...>
          wrote:

          > Hey, do you guys want me to create a gladiators website/forums? I
          can get free webspace since I am an application reviewer at
          illusionfxnet.com. Also, does anyone know how to edit .pix files? I
          can't seem to find any programs that do.

          > What programs do you guys use to edit/compile openglad? I have no
          clue on what to do when compiling, so yeah. (Using Borland)

          > Meh, I was hoping that open-glad would use bmp files so I could try
          adding new classes. Maybe someone can add multiplayer to it, I dunno.

        • alternate_dph
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2004
            > We've already got a this mailing list, I doubt that a forum would be
            used much. As far as a website, I'd say, if you want to go ahead.
            There are a few out there already though ( the openglad site for
            example). Do a google search . . . oh look, someone has ported
            gladiator to Xbox: http://xhomebrew.netfirms.com/gladiatorx.shtml,
            interesting :)

            Supposedly, the gladiator website will return. Between here and
            OpenGlad site on Sourceforge, almost everything is covered.

            Pretty soon, I'm going to start work on creating more html maps of
            scenarios.
          • Tom Ricket
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 1, 2004
              I just wanted to say that's extremely cool -- way back when we first wrote
              Gladiator, we wanted to do a scripting system, but had no idea how to start.
              It's neat to see it finally happening!

              --Tom

            • Bjorn Hansen
              • alternate_dph
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 1, 2004
                  >Do a google search . . . oh look, someone has ported
                  > gladiator to Xbox: http://xhomebrew.netfirms.com/gladiatorx.shtml,
                  > interesting :)

                  Hmm. I wonder if they've put the tevfifty and my legitimate set on
                  the Xbox.
                • aglswapbuffers
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 2, 2004
                    GladiatorX is a port of Openglad to Xbox, so it probably just includes
                    the scenarios that come with Openglad.

                    -sean

                    --- In gladiator@yahoogroups.com, "alternate_dph" <dph_of_rules@u...>