Re: [gladiator] The Source Code

  • Deathifier
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1, 2002
      The source to Gladiator has been released, at least to the team working on
      improving it.

      Check the post history for some reasonably recent posts by Tom Ricket (one
      of the developers) and Zardus (one of the people working on a new version).

      - Deathifier

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1, 2002
        I read that one, but I was wondering if the source was open to
        everybody and not just them. And I was wondering bout G: BF which
        which was never mentioned. Thanks for tellin me though the other post
        wasnt a complete answer.

        --- In gladiator@y..., "Deathifier" <storey@t...> wrote:
        > The source to Gladiator has been released, at least to the team
        working on
        > improving it.
        >
        > Check the post history for some reasonably recent posts by Tom
        Ricket (one
        > of the developers) and Zardus (one of the people working on a new
        version).

        > - Deathifier

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Bjorn Hansen
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 1, 2002
          just go to sourceforge and search for openGlad, you should be able to find it.

          Bjorn

          At 06:47 PM 8/1/2002 +0000, you wrote:

          >I read that one, but I was wondering if the source was open to
          >everybody and not just them. And I was wondering bout G: BF which
          >which was never mentioned. Thanks for tellin me though the other post
          >wasnt a complete answer.
          >
          >--- In gladiator@y..., "Deathifier" <storey@t...> wrote:
          > > The source to Gladiator has been released, at least to the team
          >working on
          > > improving it.
          > >
          > > Check the post history for some reasonably recent posts by Tom
          >Ricket (one
          > > of the developers) and Zardus (one of the people working on a new
          >version).
          > >
          > > - Deathifier

        • Deathifier
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 1, 2002
            Ah, well if you read the other posts then you must also know that in it's
            raw form the code won't compile :)

            I suggest that you go chat to Zardus, probably best to contact them via the
            sourceforge system - if you want to make enhancements then I'm certain
            they'll be happy for you to help.

            As for G:BF well it isn't even finished yet - you're probably better off
            creating a new graphics sytem on top of the existing Gladiator code,
            assuming you can do that without changing too much non-graphics code.

            Hope this sheds some light on things (even if it's unofficial),
            - Deathifier

            > I read that one, but I was wondering if the source was open to
            > everybody and not just them. And I was wondering bout G: BF which
            > which was never mentioned. Thanks for tellin me though the other post
            > wasnt a complete answer.
            >
            > --- In gladiator@y..., "Deathifier" <storey@t...> wrote:
            > > The source to Gladiator has been released, at least to the team
            > working on
            > > improving it.
            > >
            > > Check the post history for some reasonably recent posts by Tom
            > Ricket (one
            > > of the developers) and Zardus (one of the people working on a new
            > version).
            > >
            > > - Deathifier

          • ineedhelpnow2
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 2, 2002
              Ya I noticed that after I downloaded it :( Your right about
              Gladiator Beyond Freedom too, but I have been thinking about creating
              better graphics for it. It would not be too hard because I could keep
              it tile based. But hopefully wont have to modify any non-graphics
              code because that could get pretty ugly. thanks for the info.

            • bluedrgnkid@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 2, 2002
                Is there a official mIRC Gladiator chat?

              • Zardus@nbwrpg.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 2, 2002
                  Sorry I havn't replied earier. I havn't had internet access for the last
                  week or so and I'm now at Defcon.

                  The source for the original Gladiator (not BF) was indeed released to
                  everyone under the GPL. If you want it, download the latest from CVS. The
                  very latest doesn't compile cause I accidently committed sound code that
                  was halfway through being finished.

                  However, before I accidently committed that, the code compiled and worked.
                  The game works great under Linux except for sound, joystick, and some ai.
                  I don't know if it compiled under any other OS. As for sound, that
                  probably won't get done until after I get back from Defcon.

                  A new graphics system would be pretty tough. Odo
                  (aglswapbuffers@...) is in charge of that area, so anyone that
                  wants to help should contact him.

                  As for the site, our webmaster has been on vacation and didn't set the
                  permissions right, so we couldn't update the site. He's coming back soon
                  and will update.

                  - Zardus
                • Zardus@nbwrpg.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 2, 2002
                    On Fri, 2 Aug 2002 Zardus@... wrote:

                    > As for the site, our webmaster has been on vacation and didn't set the
                    > permissions right, so we couldn't update the site. He's coming back soon
                    > and will update.

                    lol. I hadn't realized that the original email was about fsgames.com, not
                    snowstorms site (although snowstorm's home page is pretty out of date).
                    Sorry for confusion.

                    - Zardus
                  • ineedhelpnow2
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 2, 2002
                      No problem I, but where is CVS and whats the url for snowstorm. Id
                      like to see the code, thanks.

                      --- In gladiator@y..., <Zardus@n...> wrote:
                      > On Fri, 2 Aug 2002 Zardus@n... wrote:
                      >
                      > > As for the site, our webmaster has been on vacation and didn't
                      set the
                      > > permissions right, so we couldn't update the site. He's coming
                      back soon
                      > > and will update.
                      >
                      > lol. I hadn't realized that the original email was about
                      fsgames.com, not
                      > snowstorms site (although snowstorm's home page is pretty out of
                      date).
                      > Sorry for confusion.
                      >
                      > - Zardus
                    • Bjorn Hansen
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 3, 2002
                        At 05:27 AM 8/3/2002 +0000, you wrote:
                        >No problem I, but where is CVS and whats the url for snowstorm. Id
                        >like to see the code, thanks.

                        http://snowstorm.sourceforge.net/

                        but like Zardus says, that's pretty slim. If you're just after the code
                        you probably want the sourceforge project page

                        https://sourceforge.net/projects/snowstorm/

                        Bjorn
                      • ineedhelpnow2
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 3, 2002
                          Thank Bjorn found the code, your right actually both palces are
                          pretty slim on info, but its better than nothing. Im glad they
                          released the code finally. Now I just need to find a good complier :)