GI: Basic Intelligence

  • dph_of_rules
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2002
      Yep, this week we are talking about basic intelligence for all
      characters. We all have gripes about the way characters behave at
      times. What's yours?

      Also, I need answers in for the scenario trivia contest sent to my
      email address by the end of this week so that we do have something to
      talk about for the next few weeks.

      In case you've forgotten, here's the trivia:

      Scenario Trivia

      1)List all the scenarios that are especially difficult for mages and
      archmages.
      2)List all the scenarios that are especially difficult for skeletons
      and ghosts.
      3)List all the scenarios that are difficult for fire elementals and
      large slime.
      4)List all the scenarios that are easier for elves.
      5)List all the scenarios that take at least 30 minutes to complete.
      6)List all the scenarios in dph's set that use the same map or
      moderately altered version of an existing map.
      7)Name the author of the Tyrx Chronicles.

      8)Name the hardest scenario and justify your answer.
      9)Name the scenario that has the best NPCs and justify your answer.
      10)Name the scenario that has the most usefull NPCs and justify your
      answer.
      11)Name the most annoying scenario to go through and justify your
      answer.
      12)Name the most annoying set of scenarios to go through and justify
      your answer.
      13)Name the most fun scenario to go through and justify your answer.
      14)Name the scenario that takes the longest amount of time to
      complete.
    • bluedrgnkid@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2002
        Hey, i forgot to say this with Bugs, but when you said Basic intelligence, I
        remember charming a ghost that had no attack. If you did scare, it scared
        itself all the way to the corner of the level and tried to push itself
        through the wall.
      • dph_of_rules
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2002
          Essentially, all of the complaints here are bugs in the program.

          There are several times with various characters when I have been able
          to walk right by an opponent and not get attacked.

          Yet, there are other times, I've seen my team mates stuck glued to an
          opponent they can't reach (a wall or a forest is the between the two
          characters). Meanwhile, there are opponents they can reach, but they
          are not going after. X-ray vision should only apply if you can walk
          through walls or forests.