For malaria, we just can’t afford to use cheap drugs (link)

  • Brian Slesinsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2009
      Thought this was interesting.

      - Brian

      -------

      For malaria, we just can’t afford to use cheap drugs

      "There are two ways to take anti-malarial drugs: the expensive way,
      which helps the world; and the cheap way, which helps only the
      patient. Most Africans cannot afford the expensive way and, as a
      result, the world’s most effective anti-malarial drug may lose its
      potency."

      http://timharford.com/2009/03/for-malaria-we-just-can%E2%80%99t-afford-to-use-cheap-drugs/