FYI - Naandi Foundation on Clean Water

  • Wai-Kwong Sam Lee
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2009
      Hi,

      I don't know them in details, but at high level it sounds promising,
      obtaining local buy-in with money in the skin, fee-based access, and
      vetted by Ashoka (in their Changemakers competition)
      http://action.globalwaterchallenge.org/page/content/naandi

      On their website, they post a paper on (a partial or work-in-progress)
      evaluation of their water program:
      http://www.naandi.org/strategy_papers/PDfs/OBApproaches21_IndiaWater.pdf

      - sam
      "Joy comes not to him who seeks it for himself, but to him who seeks
      it for other people."
    • Elie Hassenfeld
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2009
        Hi Sam,

        Thanks for sending this. We've added this to our list of charities to consider and will review it when we have time. (If anyone is particularly interested in seeing that list, we could share it with you individually, so let us know.)

        In the meantime, I'd be interested if you (or others on this list) have a sense of how this organization answers the primary questions we lay out for water charities at http://www.givewell.net/international/health/water#Whatprogramsshouldyousupport

        -Elie