Email list and blog

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2009

      Hello all,

      We haven't been using the research email list lately.  We have been blogging quite frequently.

      One of the main things we're working on - and trying to work toward with the blog - is presenting the basic material of our research report in clearer and more accessible ways.

      We'd really like your feedback on the blog, as much as you are able to give.  We'd like to know what you find interesting, informative and compelling and what you find irrelevant/boring/simply something that doesn't motivate you to read.  (And we won't be surprised if a lot of what we write falls into the latter category - we know it tends to be dense. Please be honest!)

      I've just installed a "rate this post" feature.  The first way you can help is simply by rating posts (old ones or new ones).  Then, if you have the time to shoot us an email (info@...) explaining your rating, we'd appreciate it.

      The people on this list are many of the people most interested in our research, so we really want your thoughts.

      Best,
      Holden

    • Gordon Strause
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2009
        I love the blog every time I remember to read it, but I rarely remember to do so. And I've pretty much given up on RSS, so that's not a solution for me either.

        But this email finally reminded me to take the 30 seconds to subscribe to the blog via email, so that it will now come to me. If anyone else is interested in doing so, just go here (and click the "Get the GiveWell Blog delivered by email" link):

        http://feeds.feedburner.com/givewell/rss2/